Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Fastest electric off road truck you can get for under 300 RTR or with everything >

Fastest electric off road truck you can get for under 300 RTR or with everything

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fastest electric off road truck you can get for under 300 RTR or with everything

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 06:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AZBOB
does anyone know where i can get a car with durability, handling, and maintenance for under 300.00?
Id go with the Losi Desert Truck. Want better handling, remove the rollcage. The diffs on the DT are gear diffs so they are less maintence than ball diffs. It comes with a 2.4ghz radio and is $200 at losipartshouse.com and amainhobbies.com I think. I would suggest getting a good brushed motor like the Orion sv2 BB 15t motor though.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:28 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Chris__RC
But the speed control has ZERO programmibility.

This is what n00bs always do, they ask for the fastest car for a certain amount of money. There are many other factors-durability, handling, and maintence.

For a battery, look at the Promatch 7 cell Energ 4600 matched. And get 2 of them becasue your gonna need it!
In some cases the less the better, I had a quark, mambamax and a VXL all at the same time. all i had to do with the VXL to get the same performance was adjust the EXP on my radio

Originally Posted by 2wdMod
See i learned something new today, i'll be damned. didnt know that. if its sensorless it wont serve my race needs so I pay no attention to it,My bad
It will run sensored, Just not as a true sensored

Originally Posted by Chris__RC
If you actually want it to be controllable and FUN, just get a 2s lipo. With 3s lipo, you will break soo many parts and It wont even be fun because you cant even control your vehicle.
Couldn't have said it better, there is a rush in running 60+ But it gets expensive quick and can drastically shorten a bash session
Old 01-31-2009, 03:25 AM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crazyjr
In some cases the less the better, I had a quark, mambamax and a VXL all at the same time. all i had to do with the VXL to get the same performance was adjust the EXP on my radio

It will run sensored, Just not as a true sensored

Couldn't have said it better, there is a rush in running 60+ But it gets expensive quick and can drastically shorten a bash session
Yeah I knew the VXL ran sensored because It was my first 1/10 BL system.I bought it just because it could run all 3 types of motors the summer they came out just before ROAR anounced 17.5 = stock.
I didnt know that the flux and sidewinder could run brushed.
I actually really liked The vxl as far as performance, but the esc is just so damn big I couldnt run it in my 2wd buggies so I ended up going with novak XBR's in all my cars
The vxl handled everything I threw at it as far as motors though, down to a 4.5 without an issue, and you could squeek alittle more performance out of them by turning up the timing a tad on the sensored motors.

You are right about them not running in a true sensored mode though,it is actually a hybrid mode like the tekins where it starts in sensored mode to prevent cogging and then goes sensorless mid throttle at some point.They must have the timing in the software set pretty low though because in order to get the same speeds out of a 17.5 with the VXL as the XBR I had to crank the mechanical timing up on the motor.