Wiki Posts
Search

Cactus Classic 2009!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 09:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GO-RIDE.com
I have no idea home much $ is to be made by the race organizer for this event, but I'd guess it is a pretty good sum with how popular this race has been for so many years. I would also guess that there is as much or more to be made from sponsorship. If I was sponsoring this event I'd feel that my dollars were wasted due to the organizer not being able to work something out to have the race broadcast. As important as the race is it's even more important to a sponsor to have it broadcast to 1000s or 10,000s more viewers. The organizer may find it more difficult next year to get sponsorship $ for his event.
boycott the event and have a race somewhere else same time
Old 03-15-2009, 09:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Swen
From Brandon himself- Keoni asked for a broadcast rights fee, Brandon said he couldn't afford that and decided not to do the race. He still planned on going to the race. I believe this post is on one of the first pages in this thread. After Brandon posted that he wouldn't be hosting the event on LiveRC alot of people contacted Keoni about it and some agreement was made so Brandon pulled his 30' trailer to Phoenix from Wisconsin. When Brandon arrived Keoni yelled at him and told him that his(Brandon's) post about not broadcasting the race hurt the race and he made Brandon leave the property. Not only can't he broadcast the race but he can't race either. So now Brandon drove out there, 1900 miles each way at 8mpg, for nothing.

In my eyes Brandon has been nothing but truthfull and if Keoni doesn't like the truth about himself he has ALL the power to change it.

We all know the forum banter. I believe that zipperfoot was referring to what actually happened at SRS with the police being called, etc.

I highly doubt we will see either of them post on this forum, as if they end up going to court it would be slander, evidence, etc.. for the other side.

And this race is over 20 years old. Im pretty sure the sponsors will be there with or without liverc.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default One side

OK, That is one side of the story, what about the other?
Old 03-15-2009, 09:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Are the pro's using traction additives on their tires and if so what kind?
Also, what front tires are they using on their 2wd's and in what compound?
Old 03-15-2009, 09:53 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COLE C B4
Here is what I was told...
Brandon was not going to do the broadcast because the cactus organizers wanted him to pay them a large fee for the rights to broadcast. Then they told Brandon that he could do a broadcast and to come down and they would work out the details when he got there. Rohde got there and was told to leave the property, Kenoi was threatening Brandon and that’s when rohde called the police.

I am sorry I am not trying to bash anyone, I just don’t see why the cactus organizers wouldn’t want there race to be broadcasted, worldwide on liverc.
wow you guys really need to get your facts straight...i was there and witnessed this..brandons life was never threatened...he was asked nicely 3 times to get off property..and then once not nicely...and as a matter of fact someones else family and life was threatened...so until you know the facts take your story somewhere else..wow..get over yourselves..good day
Old 03-15-2009, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SpeedyPenguin
You appear to have several facts mixed up on this one, get your facts straight before talking smack about either party.
why dont you tell the right story... seeing how everytime someone posts what they heard your there to tell them that they are wrong.....
Old 03-15-2009, 10:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

If Jimmy was running the race he would put an end to this matter. Some updates would be helpful like daily results.

Last edited by desertraton; 03-15-2009 at 10:02 AM. Reason: typo
Old 03-15-2009, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by i am cornholio
wow you guys really need to get your facts straight...i was there and witnessed this..brandons life was never threatened...he was asked nicely 3 times to get off property..and then once not nicely...and as a matter of fact someones else family and life was threatened...so until you know the facts take your story somewhere else..wow..get over yourselves..good day
no ones life should have been threatened over a toy car race broadcasted on the internet...
Old 03-15-2009, 10:07 AM
Tech Regular

Hi guys

Its interesting watching this thread from the UK!

Thanks to those who have posted pictures/updates etc. Can I ask a huuuge favour and see if anyone can get any pics of the UK guys cars?

Many thanks

Oli
Old 03-15-2009, 10:10 AM
Tech Regular

Its about cash not toy cars. I have ni insght or information regarding this matter but it always comes down to the almighty dollar that is what makes the USA go.Not a bad thing!
Old 03-15-2009, 10:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

the latest from Neo Buggy
http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news/
Old 03-15-2009, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Was this race sold out? I doubt it had to do anything with Brandon mentioning he would not be broadcasting this race.Its unfortunate that it wasn't and there are always 2 sides to a story,but with the way things are now,part of the hype of any big race is online coverage.If the new owner wants to live with 2001 type of online race updates for this race,so be it.There are always ways of working things out,but the damage is done.Brandon,because of his past race coverage experience will walk away from this unharmed,but out of his gas money.The owner of SRS on the other hand will end up looking like the bad guy,at least outside his general area.Whether or not he was threatened,thats what perception is.And just because a race has been going on for 20 years doesnt mean that this one incident will not effect future races with this owner at the helm.Thats just how things go.
Old 03-15-2009, 11:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by i am cornholio
Since you're there and traveled so far will you tell us little people what the format of all the mains are?

Also what was the reason for being asked to leave the property? He did sign up to race right?
Old 03-15-2009, 12:57 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SCIDA
Since you're there and traveled so far will you tell us little people what the format of all the mains are?

Also what was the reason for being asked to leave the property? He did sign up to race right?
all stock classes exept a are single 5 mn mains...tripple a mains in mod and stock..in the srs classes 2 bumps per heat...and 15 min a main..and i never called you little people....lol...as for the last question i have to refrain from answering that one...but rest assured it will come out what happened...
Old 03-15-2009, 01:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Results anywhere?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.