Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
When will we see a beefier 4WD from Kyosho\Losi\AE? >

When will we see a beefier 4WD from Kyosho\Losi\AE?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When will we see a beefier 4WD from Kyosho\Losi\AE?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 07:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by downtempo
For those who are curious I decided to snap some pics of how Tamiya's A-arms stack up against the other stuff.

All the pic'd cars have had minimal for breakage but have had more A-arm breakage than the 501x... which is zero in almost a year of ownership, well over 350 runs.

The B44:

The Lazer (I doubt the owner of this has busted ANYTHING on his car, mad skillz):

The Cyclone D4:

Something to consider, almost all the drivers of the pic'd cars regularly hand my ass to me in races. They all have pretty extensive experience in off-road, however, I came over from on-road and bashed the crap out of my car (and still do) and the 501x survived the learning curve. I have heard equally as impressive things about the Durga.

I want to make sure to stress that all the 4wd cars have some serious quality/durability on the market now (though from what I have seen the RTR's break from a good breeze, might just be the driver skill in that market). The D4 seems to break the least out of the guy's rides I race against in 4wd mod, but NONE of them break often.

A single hub carrier is all I have had to buy/replace due to breakage. Who cares about LHS parts availability when nuttin' breaks.

For someone that is going to take a while in getting around the track clean? Might just be a Tamiya.
Ah man, my pic didnt make the final cut
Old 11-17-2008, 07:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

most all of your statements only show your ignorance,and utter lack of understanding the topic in question.kids these days?i am 35.grammar,and punctuation arent that important to me in a forum about toy cars.
while my friend is real, his interest in a 4wd buggy was rather fleeting.he is really more of a generalizationor case in point of the topic.
yes an e-revo exists,so do conversions for 1/8 buggies.again price comes into play.larger motors,twice the batteries,and sheer size are all negatives.i have converted a crt.5,but it is still not the most desirable platform.
sure,the big two have improved their plastics,but rpm still makes parts for the gt,gt2 and t4.rpm parts flex,which most racers dont like...
the best answer so far is about durability has been the 501x.again,steep price and open belt drive train.the drive train might not be to big of a deal,and low parts support isnt too big of a deal for some.yes,the durga has an enclosed belt.
learning to drive?thats the wonderful attitude that drives many people from the hobby,but it is the truth in most cases.i for one dont enjoy most two wheel drives for that reason.this is a hobby for me.in 1/8 i am pretty much a fast sportsman/or slow expert.i really do like 4wd.i am not interested in the commitment it takes to run 2wd mod.would my friend be more interested if there was something like the slash,but 4wd,you bet he would!slayer?thats nitro,and would be a tank to convert,rc8?nitro and still a tank.
hpi is coming out with a new 4wd buggy.its getting closer,but still kind of off.would any of you racers expect to see it in the 4wd mod class?probably not.
the more i type,the more i am reminded about that phrase about fighting on the internet.i think this has pretty much degraded into a basher vs. racer type thing,instead of something productive.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (89%+)

Originally Posted by dethklok151
most all of your statements only show your ignorance,and utter lack of understanding the topic in question.kids these days?i am 35.grammar,and punctuation arent that important to me in a forum about toy cars.
while my friend is real, his interest in a 4wd buggy was rather fleeting.he is really more of a generalizationor case in point of the topic.
yes an e-revo exists,so do conversions for 1/8 buggies.again price comes into play.larger motors,twice the batteries,and sheer size are all negatives.i have converted a crt.5,but it is still not the most desirable platform.
sure,the big two have improved their plastics,but rpm still makes parts for the gt,gt2 and t4.rpm parts flex,which most racers dont like...
the best answer so far is about durability has been the 501x.again,steep price and open belt drive train.the drive train might not be to big of a deal,and low parts support isnt too big of a deal for some.yes,the durga has an enclosed belt.
learning to drive?thats the wonderful attitude that drives many people from the hobby,but it is the truth in most cases.i for one dont enjoy most two wheel drives for that reason.this is a hobby for me.in 1/8 i am pretty much a fast sportsman/or slow expert.i really do like 4wd.i am not interested in the commitment it takes to run 2wd mod.would my friend be more interested if there was something like the slash,but 4wd,you bet he would!slayer?thats nitro,and would be a tank to convert,rc8?nitro and still a tank.
hpi is coming out with a new 4wd buggy.its getting closer,but still kind of off.would any of you racers expect to see it in the 4wd mod class?probably not.
the more i type,the more i am reminded about that phrase about fighting on the internet.i think this has pretty much degraded into a basher vs. racer type thing,instead of something productive.

Tell em how it is bruh!~ ha
Old 11-17-2008, 08:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I don't think anybody is questioning the need for what you would like to see, but out of the choices available... Durga Durga!

I don't know about RC Buddha, but some people are just looking to help you find a good basher that already exists in the market instead of waiting. It MIGHT be a long wait.

BTW, here is a pic of the diff cover for the 501x available from SMS:

Still open belt w/ sealed diffs... but she sure is purdy!
Old 11-18-2008, 12:15 PM
Tech Addict

most all of your statements only show your ignorance,and utter lack of understanding the topic in question.
Right back at ya sunshine.

Its been pointed out numerous times that they are very durable, and that there are plenty on the market to cover intended use and budget.

End of the day, any toy car will break when you bash em hard enough, no matter what the scale. Seen many a busted 1/8th car.

That aside, My first advice to people who insist on breaking their cars is to go drive where there are less obstacles to hit, and to learn how to modulate the throttle, So many nubs just keep her at full throttle until they hit something solid and the car breaks.