Old 09-19-2003, 10:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yeah, but I have the fast setup LOL
Old 09-19-2003, 10:47 PM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

But you don't have the fast paint job. see atachment.
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo MR4-BC Super Dogfighter 2-mo-bc-1.jpg  
Old 09-19-2003, 11:23 PM
Tech Rookie

what does the car look like, i cant find a pic of it, can anyone help me out?
Old 09-20-2003, 01:01 AM
mo
Tech Master

If you look farther down the page, there are 3 pictures posted without the body.
Old 09-20-2003, 06:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Kyle this is Les.Look at the top left of this post.You will see it says page 2.Click page 1 and scan towards the bottom.They are there.
Old 09-20-2003, 07:59 AM
Tech Champion

Mo- I tried to get ahold of nevada this week to see if he could paint one up for me but I ran out of time, I've got a one color masterpiece.
Old 09-20-2003, 02:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Cool

The Car look good after some few runs. Now get some more tuning time and other yokomo out there we get it up and fast.

Last edited by Taz_S; 01-18-2004 at 03:16 PM.
Old 09-20-2003, 04:10 PM
Tech Champion

Hi Guys,

We got these cars in stock now!

Steve Wang
Old 09-20-2003, 05:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by SpeedTech
Hi Guys,

We got these cars in stock now!

Steve Wang
So when are you going to get more part in?
Old 09-20-2003, 11:27 PM
Tech Adept

Just curious how come AE is running the Yokomo instead of a Durango. Since they have been winning lately with the Durango?
Old 09-20-2003, 11:43 PM
Tech Champion

Taz_s,

Probably Tuesday of next week. Some of it are already available, as they are the same with MR-4TCSP

Steve Wang
Old 09-21-2003, 07:46 AM
Tech Champion

Don't take this as fact, it's just what I believe happened. I think they had to give their durango's back after every major race so they never really had their own car to work on and try setups with(and for $1,200 a pop who can blame them). I heard about an incident at the ROAR nats recently with the cars but I don't know exactly what happened. Something about cars with different parts and only some people got updated parts and such. Yokomo worked out a deal with AE so that their drivers would actually get their own car, one that they don't have to give back, to race wherever they wanted.
Old 09-23-2003, 08:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Hey Matt & Mo - just wondering what the verdict was on the Yok MR4 BC Special? Did she impress and fly around the Capital City track? I couldn't make it there (Capital City track) this past weekend but was there last Friday night and the Sunday before that for the weekly club races. I'm seriously thinking about getting one as I love driving and racing 4WD! Funny how it's now only getting to the States though. It's been out in Asia (Japan for the most part) for some time now and it even won the Japanese Nationals (A 1-2-3 sweep of the top spots)!

Matt, regarding your post on what happened at the Nationals recently concerning the Durango, it's quite accurate. I spoke to one of AE's fully sponsored driver's who was actually there racing and was given a Durango for the Nationals and he gave me a blow by blow of what happened. Basically, the Durangos came back from Germany with completely new parts and various set-up changes. Each Durango was different from the other as well and some had parts that were better than others. The AE Drivers wanted them (and were expecting them) just the way they were after the Cactus Classic and the 2nd Annual Losi Champioships at Minreg (the pre-World's as some called it) where they were so dialed. I am sure it didn't help that they also only had about a week or so to practice with them before racing! A Big mistake by the guys from Team Durango all the way around! Anyway, it's really unfortunate because it seemed it was the one true chance that an AE based 4WD off-road buggy could take the World's. Peanut and maybe one or two other drivers are apparently still sticking with it but Pavidis, Easton, Tebo, Lloyd, and some of the others are switching to the Yok MRBC Special. Another source also mentioned that when Pavidis ran a few laps with the Yok MR4-BC Special (owned and set-up by the Japanese Yokomo Sponsored Driver - Adachi) at the Tiltyard, he had a very big smile on his face and ran VERY fast laps with it! Homer Allman (ower of the Tiltyard race track in Virginia where the ROAR Nationals were held) even said:

"I stood beside Mark during the third round of qualifying for 4WD. After he repeatedly crashed his Durango, I heard him say he was done with 4WD! He never ran it again that weekend. When he said done, I am sure he was referring to the weekend of the ROAR Mod Nats, not forever. He’ll be back, but with what car is yet to be seen?"

So I guess it's almost a sure thing. Unless Gerd (Strenge), owner and designer of the Durango comes up with something fast and convices them otherwise, most of the U.S. AE drivers at least will be racing the Yok.

Take it easy guys and hopefully I'll get to meet and race with you guys at Capital City for the big Winter races! I will be back in the area for most of December!

Last edited by STEALTH; 09-24-2003 at 12:17 AM.
Old 09-23-2003, 09:06 PM
mo
Tech Master

The shock setup that ended up working best was #1 pistons with 450 in front and 350 in rear. Both our cars ended up breaking but they were very hard impacts. I broke the front bulkhead cap after smacking into one of the poles in the doubles. Matt's car broke a rear arm after hitting a hole at the end of the straight and tumbling into the cinder block wall. All in all the ran pretty good.
Old 09-23-2003, 09:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by mo
The shock setup that ended up working best was #1 pistons with 450 in front and 350 in rear. Both our cars ended up breaking but they were very hard impacts. I broke the front bulkhead cap after smacking into one of the poles in the doubles. Matt's car broke a rear arm after hitting a hole at the end of the straight and tumbling into the cinder block wall. All in all the ran pretty good.
Yea that what a big hit on matt car. Have you find out why the Arm crack on the rear on your car yet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.