Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
I want a Eight-E
Me too.
Oh yeh, just got one.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Anyone knows where I can get one in Manhatten and at what price? pm me. My frd's going there soon and hope to get her to help me buy one.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

If you go to Losi.com you can get a list of retailers by zip or city and call some.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Tried using the dealer search on Losi.com but seems to have error. I'm from Singapore.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:59 AM
Tech Addict

Try this link: http://www.losi.com/StoreLocator/Def...oresOnly=False
Old 11-25-2008, 07:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Or you can get them here:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/28061

Use the 10% discount, and you'll get a pretty decent deal.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:16 AM
Tech Addict

It sounds like his problem is that he is in Singapore, and shipping plus customs will kill him. He has someone coming to NY and would like them to buy one locally and then bring it back.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:18 AM
Tech Champion

Got my body painted:

Old 11-25-2008, 10:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by adrictan
Anyone knows where I can get one in Manhatten and at what price? pm me. My frd's going there soon and hope to get her to help me buy one.
Call long island raceway. 631-845-7223

they are 40 min outside of manhattan. If your serious call him and talk about prices and tell them when you need it.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
Me too.
Oh yeh, just got one.

soon... soon my friend. I am gonna get one for the summer after the tax returns come back.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:24 PM
Tech Champion

I could get my brake bias back... if I could find a mode 1 version of this, and something to keep it on the motor shaft:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/15976
Old 11-25-2008, 01:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R40Victim
Got my body painted:

That looks sweet, you paint it yourself?
Old 11-25-2008, 02:00 PM
Tech Champion

Nope, my racing partner did it for me. He has a really nice airbrushing setup, and likes to paint. We've never been able to get him to paint more than just the team bodies, and right now, there's only two of us left...

Other samples of stuff he's done for us, make sure you click the drop down that says "show posts from beginning" because most of the pics are pretty old:

http://z6.invisionfree.com/Bug_Bite_...act=SF&f=4&st=
Old 11-25-2008, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 209 (99%+)

OK guys I just thought I would update my motor situation.

After having my motor fail on my buggy the first time I actually raced it I called Losi and they told me to send it back. The guy that I was speaking to told me to unplug the wires from the ESC and just send the motor back. That is exactly what I did. Well I called them the day after they had it in house and another guy told me "we will take a look at it in about 21 business days and let you know what can be done" Obviously that was BS so I waited a few hours and called back. This time another guy told me that they shipped me a new one the same day they got the old one back. OK that was great and I felt like I had been treated fairly. Well, this past Friday I get a NIP Losi 2100KV motor still sealed in the box but there was only one problem......remember the wires that I unplugged from the ESC and sent with the old motor? Well, they didn't send them back. I called AGAIN and asked what the deal was and someone told me they would ship the wires out yesterday (Monday). Just to cover myself and them being as they obviously screw the simplest task up I called back today. Here is the conversation I had with Nathan...

Well uhhhhh the guy took the motor home this weekend to get the wires off since they are so hard to get off and uhhhhh he hasn't come back to work yet. WTF? Is that bullshit? I asked him exactly that and he had nothing to say other than he had to take the motor home to get the wires off because they couldn't do it there, it was too hard. His exact words were "they aren't that easy to get off you know" He then told me he would "try" to get me a set of wires out tomorrow and when I asked him, TRY? He said "I will try." I am still at a loss here as I can't believe how unprofessional that was. That has to be the most ridiculous experience I have ever had in this hobby. WTF?

I have had my buggy for four weeks now and spent nearly $800 to get it and I haven't been able to race it yet and the only explanation I can get is I will "TRY." I am very glad that AE has announced the release of the RC8 conversion. I am done with Losi and this buggy will most likely be sold upon the long awaited opportunity to get it back together.

Way to go LOSI!!
Old 11-25-2008, 03:04 PM
Tech Champion

Man, that sucks donkey d_ _ _ _! I'm really sorry to hear you were basically LIED to. On the flip side, I doubt they had a soldering iron. More likely, it's a small office, near a FedEx with people payed to basically confirm you sent the broken part. Then some other place mails the new part to you. I don't understand why they would attempt to BS you, and I highly DOUBT they do anything but confirm you sent the damaged part in.

I had essentially the same thing happen to me(less the headaches), but the conversation was far less "Colorful"... I got my new motor/ESC in 1 week, and it's worked out very well for me. It sux you got shafted, but I wouldn't let some idiot ruin what you put so much $$$/effort into. You can quickly and easily make you own wires, with the banana plugs, some solder and some nice thick wire. It's very easy to do, in fact, I had to solder the new leads on my replacement. I was a little ticked they didn't return it like I sent it, but it only took me about 5 minutes to solder up the new wires, and haul butt to the track.

Don't give up! You're 5 short minutes from racing that ballistic missile! If you can't/won't solder it yourself, there's GOTTA be a hobbiest near you that will. You WON'T be disappointed!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.