Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 08:05 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer x 1
does anyone here have a good setup fr wcrc that they would like to share? thanks.
Start here. This setup works great at WCRC.

http://www.losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/L...6_DrakeStd.pdf
Old 10-03-2010, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Ok, so I have just finished putting together my 8ight E 2.0. I'm running a Tekin 2050kv motor with MMM ESC, and 2 Turnigy 2s 5200mah 30c hardcase lipos in series as a 4s lipo. I'm a little considered about my weight though. 8.4 lbs? Is that pretty heavy? Compared to nitro and electric buggies? What would be a good shock setup front and rear? for outdoor, losse, medium sized tracks. Some of them are technical, others not as much. Also, where do I put my transponder?
Old 10-03-2010, 04:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Muggydude
Ok, so I have just finished putting together my 8ight E 2.0. I'm running a Tekin 2050kv motor with MMM ESC, and 2 Turnigy 2s 5200mah 30c hardcase lipos in series as a 4s lipo. I'm a little considered about my weight though. 8.4 lbs? Is that pretty heavy? Compared to nitro and electric buggies? What would be a good shock setup front and rear? for outdoor, losse, medium sized tracks. Some of them are technical, others not as much. Also, where do I put my transponder?
Muggy,

Danger here. That is a little on the heavy side but do not worry too much just yet. The electrics are typically 1 lb heavier than the Nitro counter part. I run all the same tracks that you do and have the silver springs up front with 40W. I have the green springs out back with 25W. I prefer a lot of rebound but think that is a personal choice--sure does make it easier to get the recommended ride height. I moved to those vented caps with foams and do recommend those highly on the EP.

Transponder. I use velcro and put it in the center of the "8" motor mount top plate. Never an issue for me!
Old 10-03-2010, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

Ok, so took it for a quick spin in the street. It is very fast and quick of the line, even with 50% punch control. Should I have more? Compared to my MMM 2200kv, it is much smoother. I really like it. Handles well with 25-40 oil, and green springs all around. I need to get it to a track! Also, what about drag brake and braking? Last thing, will the Losi heatsink fit the Tekin 2050kv motor?
Old 10-03-2010, 08:39 PM
Tech Elite

Ok, so took it for a quick spin in the street. It is very fast and quick of the line, even with 50% punch control. Should I have more? Compared to my MMM 2200kv, it is much smoother. I really like it. Handles well with 25-40 oil, and green springs all around. I need to get it to a track! Also, what about drag brake and braking? Last thing, will the Losi heatsink fit the Tekin 2050kv motor?
What "C" rating are your packs? I run 70% punch control myself. Braking is 50%. No drag brake at all on these cars. I have read the Losi heat sink can fit if you can hone it out a bit, not sure. I thought about doing the same but since the can on the Tekin is essentially designed as a heat sink I did not bother. Longmont races every Sunday until the 24th--take it there and have a blast!
Old 10-04-2010, 10:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've run greens in the front a lot. I like the overall feel better, but the car does tend to roll over more often if you clip a big hole or a pipe. With the silvers I just about have the preload bottomed out, but the car rarely flips. Maybe I need to try the green fronts with the soft swaybar?
Old 10-04-2010, 11:03 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Casper

I ALSO USE THIS SETUP AND LOVE IT... DID THE SHOCK CAP MOD AND RUN 10* INCLINED UP FRONT.... MADE ME HAPPY!
Old 10-04-2010, 11:19 AM
Tech Initiate

if you search that car on horizon hobby its write than that item was discountinued...
Old 10-04-2010, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GO-RIDE.com
I've run greens in the front a lot. I like the overall feel better, but the car does tend to roll over more often if you clip a big hole or a pipe. With the silvers I just about have the preload bottomed out, but the car rarely flips. Maybe I need to try the green fronts with the soft swaybar?
Silvers, 40W, foam compensators + vented caps, full rebound and I am about 3 - 4 threads from the bottom at ride height. Fresh oil and rebuild often is the obnly thing that has kept me from running out of threads it seems . . .
Old 10-04-2010, 03:06 PM
Tech Elite

I tried the silvers, and it was too hard to get the right ride height. Greens much better, and feels better. Plus it doesn't seem to bottom out quite as much. Question: Is it ok if the battery side is sliughtly heavier to add more preload to that side? Or try to find a way to weigh down the other side? (How) Also, If i have room to slide the battery forward and back in the tray, is it better middle, front, or rear? Thanks (One more thing, on setup: Think i should try drakes setup or stock first?) Where can I get caps and foam?
Old 10-04-2010, 03:31 PM
Tech Elite

What kind of run time do you guys think i'll be getting with tekin 2050, 5200mah 30c 4s lipos, 15-45T gearing, and EPA set at 85%? Thanks
Old 10-04-2010, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

I tried the silvers, and it was too hard to get the right ride height. Greens much better, and feels better. Plus it doesn't seem to bottom out quite as much. Question: Is it ok if the battery side is sliughtly heavier to add more preload to that side? Or try to find a way to weigh down the other side? (How) Also, If i have room to slide the battery forward and back in the tray, is it better middle, front, or rear? Thanks (One more thing, on setup: Think i should try drakes setup or stock first?) Where can I get caps and foam?
You can drill your stock caps or buy the vented ones from A-main. They have the foams too. I guess if you like the green then use those but if you have only tested on the street then you may not like them on the track eventually. Move the battery all the way forward and use industrial strength velcro on the battery. Place the hook side in the tray and the loops on the battery itself.

Definitely try the Drake setup first!
Old 10-04-2010, 03:42 PM
Tech Elite

What kind of run time do you guys think i'll be getting with tekin 2050, 5200mah 30c 4s lipos, 15-45T gearing, and EPA set at 85%? Thanks
You are probably in the 15-min range. I would gear 14-45T with this motor personally but 15T is a good start.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper

thanks casper i went out there today and it worked great! the only thing is ran green springs all around bc i dont have the black rears yet. what could i expect from running the silver fronts and black rears?
Old 10-04-2010, 10:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by racer x 1
thanks casper i went out there today and it worked great! the only thing is ran green springs all around bc i dont have the black rears yet. what could i expect from running the silver fronts and black rears?
Pure goodness if you go up to 30W and keep the same pistons in the rear with the black springs . . .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.