Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 08:42 PM

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default shock shafts

i have only changed out 1 shaft only cause it was bent but i wouldnt think you would change 1 out only if the coating wears off??
Old 06-26-2010, 09:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I have been using the same ones for two years.
Old 06-26-2010, 09:46 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dangerwr
Sorry but I had a little trouble following this. Are you using rebound foams w/o vented caps? Please confirm.

How often do you change out shock shafts??

Yes Foam's w/o venting the caps.....according to Drake and the boys you get a little pressurization and gain a couple mm on the track but i honestly haven't noticed it too much...At least to effect On track performance.

I was honestly never very excited to run vented caps due to the mess if a blatter lets go which we all know happens at the worst of time's....so ive kept true to my method and its been workin for me.

Shaft's get replaced when they wear....pending on track condition's and how clean you keep your car will determine how long they will really last.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
Yes Foam's w/o venting the caps.....according to Drake and the boys you get a little pressurization and gain a couple mm on the track but i honestly haven't noticed it too much...At least to effect On track performance.

I was honestly never very excited to run vented caps due to the mess if a blatter lets go which we all know happens at the worst of time's....so ive kept true to my method and its been workin for me.

Shaft's get replaced when they wear....pending on track condition's and how clean you keep your car will determine how long they will really last.
Ok, from experience, if you build your shocks with 100% rebound (or as close as possible) with the foams and no venting--you will blow the bottoms out of the shocks in no time. I am heading to the Nats race now and will check out what Drake is doing.

What does one consider wear on the shock shafts? When the coating comes off or when the score marks start to appear? Thanks,

- Danger
Old 06-27-2010, 05:39 AM

Ok, from experience, if you build your shocks with 100% rebound (or as close as possible) with the foams and no venting--you will blow the bottoms out of the shocks in no time. I am heading to the Nats race now and will check out what Drake is doing.

What does one consider wear on the shock shafts? When the coating comes off or when the score marks start to appear? Thanks,

- Danger
i would say the coating or score marks starting to show change them. cause if the coating is comming off , the diameter of the shaft changes and u will have leaks. scoring has edges that could cut the o-rings and lead to leaks. this is just what i think.

GOOD LUCK AT THE RACE !!!!!!!!!
Old 06-27-2010, 09:28 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

- Danger

Ive Never blown the bottom of the shock from running 100% rebound....Im 99% positive Drake runs vented caps and foams in buggy but standard in truggy, At least that's what his last post was in regards to the shocks on the Losi forum.

When the scoring starts the shaft is on the way out....look to have replacements on Hand.

Originally Posted by LOSIRACER77
i would say the coating or score marks starting to show change them. cause if the coating is comming off , the diameter of the shaft changes and u will have leaks. scoring has edges that could cut the o-rings and lead to leaks. this is just what i think.

GOOD LUCK AT THE RACE !!!!!!!!!
Yes Once the Coating has taken a bit its time to replace.

you'll notice oily arms where the shock mounts when the lower shock seals/shafts start to go.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

So will the losi heatsink fit the castle 2200kv motor? Amain says the losi motor is 39 mm and the castle is almost 42 mm. I want to make sure before I buy it. Thanks guys.
Old 06-27-2010, 10:43 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by zrxrxr
So will the losi heatsink fit the castle 2200kv motor? Amain says the losi motor is 39 mm and the castle is almost 42 mm. I want to make sure before I buy it. Thanks guys.
i tried it, it'll go on, but you have to stretch it open to get it there.

are there no heatsinks for the castles?
Old 06-27-2010, 10:50 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by theagentorange
i tried it, it'll go on, but you have to stretch it open to get it there.

are there no heatsinks for the castles?
As far as I know, just the castle blower which is a pos plastic mount that zip ties on and has a wimpy fan on it. I figure it will just break in 2 runs and drain my battery faster
Old 06-27-2010, 11:11 AM
Tech Regular

Well I decided to buy it. Would spend that much fussing with pinions anyways plus it looks cool Thanks for checking that out for me theagentorange, I appreciate it tons.
Old 06-27-2010, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by zrxrxr
Well I decided to buy it. Would spend that much fussing with pinions anyways plus it looks cool Thanks for checking that out for me theagentorange, I appreciate it tons.
i have had 2 blowers and the blades just break off.. i never noticed i big power drain.
Old 06-27-2010, 06:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Is there much of a difference running the heat sink on the Losi motor ?
Old 06-27-2010, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

yes
Old 06-27-2010, 08:21 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

The heat sink is good for 20-30 deg reduction in motor temps!
Old 06-27-2010, 09:35 PM

- Danger
man how r u doing at the race man????????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.