Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread >

Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread

Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 08:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

is it me or does Topas's pictures show the new losi 2.0 diff cups?
Old 09-28-2008, 08:44 PM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by TopAs View Post
Dear Mr. Hodge,

let me post some experiences . I think I am the first person in germany who owns an 8ight-e which I received this week from amainhobbies.

First of all I have to admit, that the overall hardware quality is very good (only a screw was worn out and the wheels are glued so bad that I lost 3 on the racetrack!) but the brushless components are not what I expected from your company.
Sadly the ESC stopped working BEFORE the first run outside...
I connected a 5s lipo and drove some seconds in the house - suddenly the car went to full throttle , hit my leg and awful smoke came out of the ESC ...

This weekend I used a MGM 22418 on a 4s 30C Lipo instead of the original ESC and switched to a 11 tooth pinion (Novak - this was the only available pinion for me at the moment).
I donīt know why the car is shipped with a 16 tooth pinion but the manual at : http://www.losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/1...otorManual.pdf recommends max. 13 tooth at 4s !

On friday I called the losi service center and was told to send the ESC back - they also told me that it is not possible to send me a working ESC in advance / on the same time I send out the defective one. (I am very disappointed)

A last question:
Did I spend 879 for an outdated 8ight-e V1 and will the 8ight-e V2 be available soon ?

Here are some pictures :

Sorry to hear about your problems with the ESC failing. This is the first I have heard of this. Please send us your ESC back as soon as possible and we will gladly send you a new one. If you have any problems please feel free to contact me at [email protected]. I would not say you spent your money on an outdated vehicle, the 8E is still very competitive.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:46 PM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by DRRC View Post
Mr Hodge
What set up should be used for the e8
I tried the race roller set up but feels soft and lands hard on big jumps

I am very happy with the e8
I have wanted to convert my nitro since last year but I waited for Losi to do the research and looks like I made a good decision

Other racers were test and tuning while I was just charging and plugging in
Some info I learned
The plugs for the battery are huge to charge I had toput the female plugs on with the banana plugs to fit the Losi plugs
Check tires one came unglued
Unfortunately I did not check how much amps I used will do next race
Thanks
The standard setup on the 8E is the 8IGHT Race Roller setup. Give Adam Drake's standard setup a try, I am sure you will find that setup being much better.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

When will they come out with a E-8ight-T or the E-8ight 2.0?

keep up the hard work.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Will the electric conversion kit work with the new 8ight 2.0 when its released? Or will it only work on the original 8ight and 8ight-T
Old 09-29-2008, 12:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

@hodge

"I donīt know why the car is shipped with a 16 tooth pinion but the manual at : http://www.losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/1...otorManual.pdf recommends max. 13 tooth at 4s ! "

Can you answer this question ?
Old 09-29-2008, 04:16 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

depends on how 'different' the 2.0 is. if its way different, then simply they wanted to get rid of their old stock and hopefully get a premium for them in electric form then as 'last years' buggy. if its not much different then perhaps ur in luck for another year til the next 1 comes out....but again, if it not much different, the thought of the 650$ price level thats floatin around seems to be borderline on gouging for an 'evolution'.

granted that only happens were all dumb enough to continuously by the lie (i mean hype).

R
Old 09-29-2008, 08:50 AM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by jhautz View Post
Will the electric conversion kit work with the new 8ight 2.0 when its released? Or will it only work on the original 8ight and 8ight-T
The LOSA0912, 8E Conversion kit will work on the 8 2.0 with no problems. We made sure of it.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:52 AM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by TopAs View Post
@hodge

"I donīt know why the car is shipped with a 16 tooth pinion but the manual at : http://www.losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/1...otorManual.pdf recommends max. 13 tooth at 4s ! "

Can you answer this question ?
A 16T can be used on large outdoor tracks where we tested the car, mainly at Revelation Raceway which has a 180ft back straight. A 13T is desirable on small indoor tracks. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T. Hodge View Post
A 16T can be used on large outdoor tracks where we tested the car, mainly at Revelation Raceway which has a 180ft back straight. A 13T is desirable on small indoor tracks. Sorry for the confusion.
It would be good to include both pinions with the kit.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Does the 50T losi spur fit with the motor mount setup? Or the kyosho 46T spur?
Old 09-29-2008, 03:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have a new 8ight e and i am just reading the thread and trying to learn a little about it been racing nitro but gonna race them both. Can't wait. Any good advice before i start anything.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by deskwarmer View Post
Does the 50T losi spur fit with the motor mount setup? Or the kyosho 46T spur?
I'm pretty sure they went with the 45T spur for that reason, or else they would have stuck with the original 48T spur gear. You could try a kyosho 44T spur, but my experience with the kyosho spurs is that they leak oil.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SpEEdyBL View Post
I'm pretty sure they went with the 45T spur for that reason, or else they would have stuck with the original 48T spur gear. You could try a kyosho 44T spur, but my experience with the kyosho spurs is that they leak oil.
i use the kyosho 46t. it fits real well, never any leaks really with mine. ive been running a custom e-8ight for almost a year now and love it. the only leaking ive had is when i change diff fluid and dont replace the seal and inner o-ring every once and awhile, but thats also just normal maintenence. i can usually get 2-3 changes out of one set. although that 3rd time is starting to get bad though.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Does anyone know if the 8-E comes with the gearbox upgrade that the new 8ight comes with? What was the reason it was upgraded? Has anyone had any trouble with the diffs or any part of the drive train while running brushless? Thanks. Trying to decided whether or not to buy one of the nitro kits since they are cheap right now with the new buggy coming out.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright Đ 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.