Wiki Posts
Search

---New Kyosho Lazer ZX-5 "FS" 4WD Buggy---

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 09:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dork Missile
Does anyone know if there's an advantage to having the rear shocks in front of the shock tower? SP had the shocks behind the tower.
More weight inside the wheelbase will help the car turn and change direction better. Also, on the FS I don't know what the weight distribution is like but it might help it achieve a better overall F/R balance.
Old 05-16-2009, 03:40 PM
Tech Adept

Does the Lazer ZX-5 FS has the same Phillips head screws that the ZX-5 does or did they switch to hex hardware?
Old 05-16-2009, 04:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlueEagle
Does the Lazer ZX-5 FS has the same Phillips head screws that the ZX-5 does or did they switch to hex hardware?
Only the original ZX5 had the phillips screws. The SP and the FS both come with hex.
Old 05-16-2009, 05:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by straightaway
Can you convert a regular zx5 to FS by just buying the FS kit? thanks
Is this for the sp also and if so is it worth it?
Old 05-16-2009, 07:00 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fvrr
Is this for the sp also and if so is it worth it?
sp is worth it. u can use the same batt for slash n touring cars
Old 06-30-2009, 12:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

OK, newb here..

Anyway, gonna get into electric again, from nitro.

I will be getting the FS, and was wondering, do proline wheels work on the car? or do i gotta buy a conversion?

Spares?

Anything special you guys are doing? one way diff? shaving something here, or there, and soforth.

I want to go to the track, and be prepared, and ready to run.

Are you guys running kit setup?
Old 06-30-2009, 01:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dgrobe2112
OK, newb here..

Anyway, gonna get into electric again, from nitro.

I will be getting the FS, and was wondering, do proline wheels work on the car? or do i gotta buy a conversion?
You have to buy a conversion and can only convert the rear. The front has to use Kyosho wheels.

Spares?
Most of the car is straight from the ZX-5 SP so spares are easy to find. I get most of my sstuff from A-Main Hobbies and Stormer Hobbies.

Anything special you guys are doing? one way diff? shaving something here, or there, and soforth.

I want to go to the track, and be prepared, and ready to run.

Are you guys running kit setup?
I have no idea about this part. I would be curious myself to know how good the kit setup is overall I know my ZX-5 SP when I had it was very good out of the box.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Just got one of these buggies. It rips. Love driving it!

Here are some pics:

Novak 8.5 system... some alloy parts... CVDs all round... 1 way front diff
Old 08-14-2009, 09:55 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Is lipo plates required for saddle pack lipos on the FS?
Old 08-15-2009, 05:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan
Is lipo plates required for saddle pack lipos on the FS?
No.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:01 PM
Tech Adept

Is this a good all around buggy? What are the breaking points of it? Is it easy to maintain and work on? These are things I want to know before I end up buying one.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hitordie010
Is this a good all around buggy? What are the breaking points of it? Is it easy to maintain and work on? These are things I want to know before I end up buying one.
Since you are on the FS thread i'm gonna assume you are talking about the FS. I've been running the FS for almost 8 months now and find it an excellent car,easy to work on...good to get parts for. It doesn't need a whole lot of hop-ups or improvements needed. Kyosho supplies the optional hop-ups as options if you choose. The car is very tunable with a large selection of springs,swaybars,pistons,etc.
As for breaking parts,i'd have to ask how good a driver are you? And how fast a motor are you putting in? How rough is the track you run on. Like most 4wd's made today...they are racing machines made to go fast! Most of the cars have fragile front ends if you hit alot of things,like i did in the beginning... you're gonna break front arms,steering pieces and shock towers. All these parts are quite inexpensive to replace.
I'd highly recommend this car to anyone.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:14 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dork Missile
Since you are on the FS thread i'm gonna assume you are talking about the FS. I've been running the FS for almost 8 months now and find it an excellent car,easy to work on...good to get parts for. It doesn't need a whole lot of hop-ups or improvements needed. Kyosho supplies the optional hop-ups as options if you choose. The car is very tunable with a large selection of springs,swaybars,pistons,etc.
As for breaking parts,i'd have to ask how good a driver are you? And how fast a motor are you putting in? How rough is the track you run on. Like most 4wd's made today...they are racing machines made to go fast! Most of the cars have fragile front ends if you hit alot of things,like i did in the beginning... you're gonna break front arms,steering pieces and shock towers. All these parts are quite inexpensive to replace.
I'd highly recommend this car to anyone.

Ya the FS is what I am talking about. I am not a big fan of the stick pack buggys. I guess I am a OK driver... I ran mod truck and mod buggy for a little while so I am use to the speed. I never owned a 4wd buggy. I run on a clay/dirt mix track. It would be around 70/30. I want to put a 6.5 in it, but like I said I would like to learn more about the buggy. All this info is well appreciated.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hitordie010
Ya the FS is what I am talking about. I am not a big fan of the stick pack buggys. I guess I am a OK driver... I ran mod truck and mod buggy for a little while so I am use to the speed. I never owned a 4wd buggy. I run on a clay/dirt mix track. It would be around 70/30. I want to put a 6.5 in it, but like I said I would like to learn more about the buggy. All this info is well appreciated.
Cool Hitordie....with a 6.5T you will definitely go fast! To quote a Kyosho driver from Washington...driving 4wd Mod needs to be driven surgeon-like and with precision. You can get in trouble real fast! It's those moments of "i wish i wouldn't have pinned it there" that you pay the price.
I bought aftermarket shock towers...4mm thick and the 3R tower mounts. These aren't a necessity...i'll let you decide if you get a FS.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:49 AM
Tech Elite

so in the last post it made me think maybe i need to stay away i am a 1/8th buggy nitro drive and if any one is straped is me will it hold up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.