Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
---New Kyosho Lazer ZX-5 "FS" 4WD Buggy--- >

---New Kyosho Lazer ZX-5 "FS" 4WD Buggy---

---New Kyosho Lazer ZX-5 "FS" 4WD Buggy---

Old 08-22-2008, 09:20 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default ---New Kyosho Lazer ZX-5 "FS" 4WD Buggy---

This is a good time to start a dedicated FS thread. The Kyosho electric thread is well over 200 pages long now and the FS buggy appears quite different compared to the original ZX-5 and SP versions, therefore, worthy of its own thread.

I just ordered the conversion kit from speedtechrc, so I didn't want to dig through the old thread trying to find info on the new FS.
Attached Thumbnails ---New Kyosho Lazer ZX-5 "FS" 4WD Buggy----080515_zx5_fs.jpg  
Old 08-22-2008, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

You can also check out http://kyoshoforum.com for info and set ups.

Great car by the way!! Very easy to drive. Goes through corners awesome, jumps great. Love this car.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:28 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Awesome...thanks!!
Old 08-22-2008, 09:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I'm currently anti-saddle packs. So I'm staying put with my 3Racing chassis.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

is there a change list between the SP and the FS ?
Old 08-22-2008, 10:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

nm.. there is a ton of info on the forum linked in the OP
Old 01-11-2009, 03:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (89%+)

kyosho's movin onto "saddle packs"...BAD

Well....good ina way....but bad in a whole different. set-ups will be way diff. now since weight will be shifted. o well...good job kyosho for ruining the trade-mark of straight pack. =)
Old 01-11-2009, 07:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi 8t View Post
kyosho's movin onto "saddle packs"...BAD

Well....good ina way....but bad in a whole different. set-ups will be way diff. now since weight will be shifted. o well...good job kyosho for ruining the trade-mark of straight pack. =)
Hey chief they offer the SP too, I have owned the SP and the FS now. Both great cars and the FS is alittle better for rough tracks. SP seems better on tight tracks with it's shorter chassis.

who else offer both options in 2 competitve sister packages ?
Old 02-15-2009, 09:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

do you have to get the small servo for steering that I see in the pic? If so what servo is that?
Old 02-15-2009, 10:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Poweredbysbc View Post
do you have to get the small servo for steering that I see in the pic? If so what servo is that?
nope a regular servo will fit.i use airtronics 359's. fits just fine.

and just a note.if you dont want to raise the body or battery posts to fit lipo saddle packs,you can just take the battery straps and sand them done to fit and hold the battery in place.i sanded mine to the mold lines on the sides and left enough on the ends to hold the battery in place.this works awsome.and the batteries dont move!!and with out any other mods.just a note i use SMS 4900,s
Old 02-15-2009, 10:20 PM
Tech Adept

Default Shops carrying Kyosho Parts

Hey guys... Sorry to be off topic...but appreciate if you guys can point me to online stores that stock Kyosho parts and also accept international orders (Im from Singapore).

I've always wanted to run Kyosho cars but cant seem to find a good source for their parts (1/10 Electric). The local distributor carrys electric car kits but their pretty pathetic when it comes to parts support. Thanks
Old 02-15-2009, 10:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Originally Posted by binot View Post
Hey guys... Sorry to be off topic...but appreciate if you guys can point me to online stores that stock Kyosho parts and also accept international orders (Im from Singapore).

I've always wanted to run Kyosho cars but cant seem to find a good source for their parts (1/10 Electric). The local distributor carrys electric car kits but their pretty pathetic when it comes to parts support. Thanks
try www.speedtechrc.com they have kyosho and parts with good prices.i'm sure he will ship to you too.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:10 AM
Tech Initiate

Smile

I LOVE my FS. Best handling 4-wheel drive car I have driven, and I think I have driven them all except the Losi. If anyone wants to buy a B44 for real cheap, i'm willling to part with it for parts for my FS.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:16 AM
Tech Initiate

Angry

OK, Im aving an issue, dot kneo what it is or where it is cominh from, but I put the stick basckend on tje ZX. and it feels like it is binding on the right hand side. the sring oad ais as perfect asI can get it, and the setup, is Tebo, to the hilt, but my right hand side is rubbing against the inner hing pin slot, Should I change back to the plastis, or stat with the carbons? it does not feel smooth as it was before I swithced to the carbaon swhich towers...
Old 03-15-2009, 11:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

I just got a ZX 5 SF and I am getting it ready to roll. I have a 10.5 motor that will be used with a Sphere B,less speed control.

Can anyone recommend a servo? I was thinking 120-140 oz and .10-.18 is that close?

Anyone have something they like to use and I should look at? I am not trying to match but I have a digital futaba I like for my truck, and I run a KO spectrum radio.

Thank you

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.