Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which electric offroad is best?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 05:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Which electric offroad is best?

I have some very high power electronics, from an old kit, and I want to put them into a worthy new off road kit. I was originaly looking at the new B4 but have reicently been looking at Team Losi's new XXX-4, and their own verson of the B4, all of these have spare parts readily available at my local hobby shop. Now I have no idea which to pick.
Old 09-02-2003, 08:16 PM
Tech Regular

are you going to race or bash?
Old 09-03-2003, 12:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

This one is purely for racing, i have a nitro truck for bashing.
Old 09-03-2003, 05:09 PM
Tech Elite

I'd go with the B4 or XXXKE. Both are nice kits to build and race. Plus there cheaper then 4wd. The xxx-4 will need some extra parts to make it worthy of racing or you'll just break stuff all the time.
Old 09-03-2003, 06:23 PM
Tech Regular

id get the 4wd if the class is strong enough at your track. i drove the xxx4 when it first came out and i loved it but its not a big class in socal.

the advantage with the losi is you can get the xxx-ke that have everything you need, but the b4 is not the factory team yet, you can buy all the stuff but spend a lot of money doing it. both buggys can win on any given day, and the two magazines that have had "shoot outs" between the two have both came to a draw on the results of which one is better.

can you drive someones b4/xxx to see which one fits your driving style? because that and your personal pref. will be the biggest factor.
Old 09-04-2003, 12:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

thanks for all the help. i just descovered that there are very few people into the 4wd off buggys, based on this i have decided on the XXX-KE because there is a better supply of spare parts for it than the B4