Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Secrets to RC

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 02:26 PM
Tech Elite

Really basic tip here - Make sure your car runs straight.

It is astonishing how many people don't take the time to set their trims properly.

Don't spend your time correcting the car on the straights, spend it preparing for the next corner and making your passes!
Old 08-01-2008, 04:40 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by SQC049
Who let this tool back in? The kid doesn't have a RTR, he knows how to wheel. But nice try on being a condescending prick.
Originally Posted by Stallard
Nice Try?

He seems to have it down pat!
What's wrong with you guys. Don't you have better things to do that trolling around looking for someone to pick on?

How about, unlike the guy you jumped, if you don't have anything good to say or can't add anything to the discussion worthy of the orginal question just log out and go away or wherever you came from at least until you reach adulthood.
Old 08-01-2008, 04:43 PM
Tech Master

szakcajaru

I get it... Har Har.
Old 08-01-2008, 05:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by szakcajaru
What's wrong with you guys. Don't you have better things to do that trolling around looking for someone to pick on?

How about, unlike the guy you jumped, if you don't have anything good to say or can't add anything to the discussion worthy of the orginal question just log out and go away or wherever you came from at least until you reach adulthood.
You need to get a clue buddy. Retard-motorsport is hands down the BIGGEST nuisance on rctech. Period. Why dont you ask around first and find out how many times he's been suspended before you go acting like you know something.
Old 08-01-2008, 05:31 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by jla8874
You need to get a clue buddy. Retard-motorsport is hands down the BIGGEST nuisance on rctech. Period. Why dont you ask around first and find out how many times he's been suspended before you go acting like you know something.
Seems as if some of you are being a bigger nuisance along with behaving in a very juvenile mannner, I can't remember the last time an adult called someone a Retard. If he bugs you so much why don't you just ignore him and move on instead of fanning the flames and getting yourself suspended for being more offensive than him?

Real mature icon you have there for yourself
Old 08-01-2008, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Guys, let's stop this flaming each other and get back on the topic:

-----------

1. Feed a strip of paper between pinion and spur for proper meshing.

2. I do not care for Deans connector much. I use and much rather continue using Duratrax Powerpoles. I've used these for over 15 years (before Duratrax bought rights to them) and I've enjoyed it since they are hermaphroditic, and can be stacked in different configurations to rule out wrong polarity. A while ago in an article in RCCA ( a while ago meaning over 10+ years ago), they did some comparative analysis on the resistance of various connectors (deans connector was slightly different with the pins). The difference between the Deans and these connectors are so miniscule, you wouldn't be able to tell..

Of course, types of connectors are purely preference, so just use the ones that feels the best for you...

3. Biggest secret in RC: Practice, practice, practice. Like the poster up above mentioned, it's all about consistency. Shaving a second off by going fast at the risk of car flipping isn't really worth it... Once you get a consistency going, then you can experiment which parts of the track you can squeeze more speed out of...
Old 08-01-2008, 10:24 PM
Tech Master

Yeah that third point is probably the biggest one in all of RC racing - just practice driving consistent laps, get yourself under control. I've been really focusing on just driving consistent laps and not getting out of hand on the throttle, and my lap times just keep creeping downward from week to week.

You don't want to be the guy waiting on a turn marshal.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:56 PM
Tech Regular

Seems as if some of you are being a bigger nuisance along with behaving in a very juvenile mannner, I can't remember the last time an adult called someone a Retard. If he bugs you so much why don't you just ignore him and move on instead of fanning the flames and getting yourself suspended for being more offensive than him?

Real mature icon you have there for yourself

Yeah,
You have done a great job contributing to this thread

Are you so lame that you have to use another screen name to argue your point?
Old 08-01-2008, 11:17 PM

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by rocket-mtrsprts
Did you actually read the first post, or comprehend the idea of the thread, or are you once again doing the CP bit yourself -- that, by the way, you've got down pat!!!
i thought you were suspended awhile ago and do you even have an R/C

anyway i only have one word for this thread.

PRACTICE!!
Old 08-02-2008, 02:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SQC049
Who let this tool back in? The kid doesn't have a RTR, he knows how to wheel. But nice try on being a condescending prick.
WTF That was a legit post.......if any one else posted it you would agree
Old 08-02-2008, 02:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BSS07

PRACTICE!!
Yeah, very big secret!
Old 08-02-2008, 02:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Nice Try?

He seems to have it down pat!

Now back on topic,

One of the things I do that many overlook is balancing tires. It is easy to do and can make a big differance, also I always label my tires (RR,LR ect...), If you take off your tires for cleaning or maint. each run getting them out of order can affect handling. Nice idea for a thread B4.
So , how do you balance tires ? What weights do you use ? I have a prop balancer for balancing my boat props , so that should work for tires .
Old 08-02-2008, 02:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Here's a tip...

Before a race, turn each nipple 1/4 turn counter-clockwise - it really gets the blood flowing!
Old 08-02-2008, 05:41 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

as your heading out the door or packing up ur stuff. if you have to ask urself if i should take this or not, take it. u'll be glad u did.

R
Old 08-02-2008, 05:49 AM
Suspended

Yeah,
You have done a great job contributing to this thread
Are you so lame that you have to use another screen name to argue your point?
You consider THAT a contribution to this thread?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.