Wiki Posts
Search

Associated Off Road Desert Truck ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 10:35 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
No more info other than the truck is awesome

I have already said it is not 1/18 scale. The only things left unsaid are its actual size and its power source.
A Nitro powered 1/8 scale Corr`s truck from Ae is a ride I will buy & race with all next year...
Old 07-21-2008, 10:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
A Nitro powered 1/8 scale Corr`s truck from Ae is a ride I will buy & race with all next year...
You would really run that all year.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Id say based on Rick's post in the nitro off road thread that may be what it is going to be. Just reading between the lines though, i dont know squat
Old 07-21-2008, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Didnt Robotronic already come out with one? I havent seen one on a track though, but the pictures look nice....
Old 07-21-2008, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I'm guessing an eighth scale nitro too, based on "SC8" = Short Course 8th scale? Do I get a prize?
Old 07-21-2008, 05:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stitchy
I'm guessing an eighth scale nitro too, based on "SC8" = Short Course 8th scale? Do I get a prize?
I'm not hearing this! Laalaalaalaalaa...
Old 07-21-2008, 06:09 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

Originally Posted by MattP
Ok here's my "uneducated" guess about the new associated truck.

It's going to be a 1/8 scale gas powered pro-4 style truck.

The banner is indeed labeled as "SC8", which leads me to believe it stands for "Short Course 8". So sounds like a 1/8 scale truck to me........

Stitchy I already guessed that one and got ridiculed for it......
Old 07-21-2008, 06:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
R/C racing and R/C cars (bashing) aren't even the same hobby. It's like calling rollerblading on the boardwalk and roller hockey the same thing just becasue they both use inline skates.

AE is like Ferrari or Porsche; they make specialty vehicles and are heavily involved in racing . Traxxas is more like Toyota: a huge popular company that makes more mainstream vehicles and is highly profitable. Saying one is better than the other or more porfitable than the other is not really a fair comparison. It is unfair to compare the two as they are making products for different markets.

The one thing that is funny about the whole CORR thing? Everyone complains when a racing company like AE spends low six figures supporting a racing team to promote and create newer and better products. "Why should we pay for these guys to race instead of the company lowering prices" is the typical complaint.

Then another company goes out and spends millions of dollars supporting a full CORR racing operation and nobody gives a **it.
best post in this entire mess of a thread. 2 different things. I have a Stampede for off-road fun, a TC4 for on-road bashing/drifting, and currently building a Revo (didn't it win something like 6 championships?) that is brushless.

Losi is in a strange limbo where it wants to make money but wants to be a respected racer. Traxxas makes a great product I think and they sell a crap ton of vehicles. Just wait until they make a 4wd buggy.

If you want to see a great spec class race watch NASCAR would be a good example of this in real life. Everyone runs the same thing and it comes down to driver skill. What people who run AE and need to drop loads of money into a 1/10 car are just making up for their lack of skill in my eyes. Look what happened to 1/12 on-road, I don't recall a 1/12 scale Traxxas vehicle that killed it for anyone and the 4tec didn't kill on-road 1/10. The community and namely RACERS killed it.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MattP
Stitchy I already guessed that one and got ridiculed for it......
That's right, I forgot. Well, OTE was hoping it wasn't, and rocket...umm...let's just say he's not around anymore. I think me and you are on the right track, heh heh.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:03 PM
Tech Regular

I wonder if the AE version will match up well with the traxxas slayer......
Old 07-22-2008, 03:55 AM
Tech Rookie

well proof is here: http://www.teamassociated.com/homepa...am_is_real.htm

can we take that other crap outside of this thread, keep it to yourselves
Old 07-22-2008, 04:28 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Ed237
I think what Traxxas does to racing is wrong on so many levels - its almost like sabotage.

Instead of buying Losi or AE or Kyosho products potential new racers will invariably buy a Jato or Rustler or Bandit instead. They go to the track, they will need help, but, none of the experienced guys can help them because what they bought is basically a toy. They get frustrated, don't want to spend the extra $100 to get something they can actually race and never come back.

Race attendance suffers as a result to which Traxxes ups the ante with yet another toy that everyone goes nuts for because it looks like something they saw on TV.

The classes that Traxxas does not make vehicles for are thriving - (1/8 scale and 4wd buggies).

On second thought, I hope Traxxas never does make a 4wd buggy or anything 1/8 scale!
ok, so me RACING my rustler and pede, is killing the sport that ive been racing in for 9 years? i work at a shop, and ppl WANT traxxas "junk" so im pretty sure ur WRONG
Old 07-22-2008, 05:19 AM
Suspended

Location: r.i.p Chiquita - 1993-2008 - "best dog in the world"

At their rate or product release it's gonna be a year so why sweat it, or even talk about it?
Old 07-22-2008, 08:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by artie's liver
I wonder if the AE version will match up well with the traxxas slayer......
As well as a B4 against a Bandit.

Last edited by Rick Hohwart; 07-22-2008 at 08:52 AM.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Rick Hohwart
Tech Master
1,447 Posts Since Sep 2003
Trader Rating: 0 Today, 07:32 AM
Report | Post #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandhi [View]

If they are going to produce one I hope its to compete with the new traxxas slash. And if so they should speak up so people will wait for it and not just get the slash just cause.

The AE truck was not intended to be a copy of the Slash or Slayer. Development of these was apparently happening simultaneously so you are going to see two differing visions of what a R/C CORR truck should look like and how it should perform. Whether or not they run together is up to the racers and organizers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.