Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Associated Off Road Desert Truck ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 12:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

OTE, I don't disagree with anything you said, I'm just going to miss the simplicity of the plug 'n play $200 slash racing class.

If the AE car crushes the slash, you won't be able to race them together very well, and I think it's going to be hard to get enough people to jump in and spend the $ to build a class for the AE car.
Old 07-16-2008, 01:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beez
OTE, I don't disagree with anything you said, I'm just going to miss the simplicity of the plug 'n play $200 slash racing class.

If the AE car crushes the slash, you won't be able to race them together very well, and I think it's going to be hard to get enough people to jump in and spend the $ to build a class for the AE car.
Yeah but when you think about it, there really is no such thing. After awhile everyone figures out little tweaks & changes you can use to make racecars faster, it's the nature of motorsports. Hell, go to any $6 public go-kart track in the country; after 3 races you already start to hear people whispering stuff like "the blue car is the fastest" and "the orange car works best if you can get it to slide going into corners".

I said it in the Slash thread, the cool thing about Stock Truck back-in-the-day wasn't that everyone was dead-equal; far from it. The cool thing about Stock Truck was that I'd pass a guy so fast the stickers started to peel off his doors, and afterwards he'd come up to me and ask "what in the hell did you DO to that thing to get it to run like that?", and I'd explain it to him. Today the same thing happens and the solution is "dial more power into the brushless motor" or "time to buy a LiPo pack", nobody talks to each other in the pits anymore

My point is to make just enough rules to put everyone in the same ballpark, let the experienced guys lead the way, and let the rookies learn from them. The market will level itself out in time

EDIT: And hey, I've seen a couple of guys bring Rustlers to Stock Truck and friggin' FLY with them
Old 07-16-2008, 01:55 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Wow, amazing how heating things can get concerning traxxas on a thread about AE possibly making a CORR truck.

I would say personally to me, I think AE making a CORR style truck is a great idea. Heck, make it a RTR style truck like they already have available of the T4 first. Price should be close to the traxxas vehicle too, and its not like AE can't toss in a similar 12T motor in there with some ok electronics Ala traxxas to get things going for about $200.

if it makes AE money, nothing wrong with that. If gets more guys back INTO electric racing, great too.

I think we may see something from AE sooner than the normal cycle of race vehicles, I wouldn't be suprised that we see it out and about easily before christmas as depending on how AE goes with this, its not like you need to do a lot of custom work to make your slash style vehicle. A decent amount of slash parts are from current traxxas vehicles, so goes to logic that AE could do the same.

I look forward to more info, pics, prices etc.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

I hope its not just an 18t with a diff shell...
Old 07-16-2008, 02:35 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I agree too. I sure hope this isn't an 18T based vehicle, that would be a real let down.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I actually do hope it's based off of the 18t. Then I can get rid of my Mini-T.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:27 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by call-911
I actually do hope it's based off of the 18t. Then I can get rid of my Mini-T.
ROFLMAO
Old 07-16-2008, 05:55 PM
Tech Regular

What if it's really a crawler.............................

Chad O
Old 07-16-2008, 06:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stagger2
What if it's really a crawler
Don't go there!
Old 07-16-2008, 06:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

My hope is for a four wheel drive truck...that way we won't have to worry about them competing against the Slash's...instead they'll work together WITH the Slash's to help create a mighty CORR RC program. We would then have Pro2 and Pro4 trucks.
Old 07-16-2008, 06:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OTE_TheMissile

I said it in the Slash thread, the cool thing about Stock Truck back-in-the-day wasn't that everyone was dead-equal; far from it. The cool thing about Stock Truck was that I'd pass a guy so fast the stickers started to peel off his doors, and afterwards he'd come up to me and ask "what in the hell did you DO to that thing to get it to run like that?", and I'd explain it to him. Today the same thing happens and the solution is "dial more power into the brushless motor" or "time to buy a LiPo pack", nobody talks to each other in the pits anymore
I understand where you're coming from, I just don't care for that aspect of racing. To me, in a perfect world, everyone would have the exact same amount of power and you would just adjust your oil/springs to work with your driving style, then the best driver wins. Obviously that's impossible, but that's what I'd like.
Old 07-16-2008, 06:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beez
New trucks are cool but I think this truck will hurt CORR-style rc racing more than help it.

A lot of people are digging the slash because it's cheap and fun. My guess is that this truck will cost significantly more and will be faster around a track and less durable (more race-like). So the two trucks probably won't really be race-able against each other. It will then turn what was a "just for fun" class into something where you have to keep buying new stuff to be competitive, like every other class.

Maybe I'm wrong, we'll see.
that will help because it'll be more comp...spec class will limit it to stock electrics i personally can't wait cause oh boy it's gonna be fun i might even end up with one

but you are wrong to think it'll hurt the corr rc series
Old 07-16-2008, 07:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stagger2
What if it's really a crawler.............................

Chad O

Let us pray!

But a 1/10 scale core truck would be sweet!
Old 07-16-2008, 08:00 PM
Tech Regular

Sorry guys, just messin' with ya. A new T5, CORR or crawler would be great, just cant wait to see what they come up with.

Chad O
Old 07-17-2008, 07:51 AM
Tech Elite

I can tell you with certainty that it is not a crawler

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.