Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Does Kyosho candy have razor blades in it? >

Does Kyosho candy have razor blades in it?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does Kyosho candy have razor blades in it?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 07:47 PM
noR
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Can't please'em all guys. But don't worry, Kyosho still has a chance to please me. Still waiting on my first kit to arrive.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Let the guy vent already. These same exact types of threads are all over rctech. People buy kits, then the options start coming out, then they start feeling like they were sold half a car, or an incomplete one. Its easy to think, "Well, if they knew this part would make the car better, why didnt they put it in the kit?" You said yourself, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Companies still have to make money in between kits.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

this thread is going nowhere.....
if you like what you see then buy it, if not look elsewhere
different people have different point of view
you cant tell people whats great for them
Old 07-01-2008, 08:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mog ruith
this thread is going nowhere.....
Yep.
you cant tell people whats great for them
On rctech.net you can
Old 07-02-2008, 08:03 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jla8874
Let the guy vent already. These same exact types of threads are all over rctech. People buy kits, then the options start coming out, then they start feeling like they were sold half a car, or an incomplete one. Its easy to think, "Well, if they knew this part would make the car better, why didnt they put it in the kit?" You said yourself, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Companies still have to make money in between kits.

This guy here said it. I bought the car NEW, went online, needed a $50 kit to upgrade my brand new kit. That is exactly where I'm coming from. Where is the RB5.2 with the worlds rear end in the kit? If you stop and ask yourself, be honest, shouldn't my kit have had it?
Old 07-02-2008, 08:06 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by SQC049
What is wrong with my grammar? I didn't realize that I had entered an essay contest by posting on this forum.

You have all the signs of a typical internet loser. You have made a thread stating a pointless opinion with no other intention than starting trouble.

Instead of admitting that you are a clown that knows nothing, you start to insult other peoples grammar and make statements about how much money you make.

You're a joke. Do yourself a favor and stop posting. You're only proving to the world how small of a person you really are.

Gramm(e-a whatever)r school for your reading and comprehension skills d-hed. Not your spelling skills. this is the internet, not exactly the place one is judged for spelling.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Originally Posted by STRINGCHEESE
Gramm(e-a whatever)r school for your reading and comprehension skills d-hed. Not your spelling skills. this is the internet, not exactly the place one is judged for spelling.
Wow, you really are stupid. Grammar and spelling are two totally different things. Besides that, they are totally unrelated to reading comprehension.

Do you even know what you are talking about?
Old 07-02-2008, 08:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

This guy here said it. I bought the car NEW, went online, needed a $50 kit to upgrade my brand new kit. That is exactly where I'm coming from. Where is the RB5.2 with the worlds rear end in the kit? If you stop and ask yourself, be honest, shouldn't my kit have had it?
Like its been stated, the T4 requires much more stuff...
Old 07-02-2008, 08:41 AM
Tech Adept

Its not stated in stone by the Kyosho Gods that you have to buy the $50 upgrade kit. It seems like a kit that improves upon an already good car. It all depends on how serious you are about competing imho. As one poster implied before, are you worried about seconds or fractions of a second? As for me, if I still had my 6061-T6 tub chassis RC10, i'd still go out and race it even though it would be a decade obsolete.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

You keep saying you NEEDED IT. You didnt need it, you THINK you need it because its available. Its no different than you thinking that you need a J concepts body because it has more down force than the stock Kyosho body....."I have to spend $30 on a new body because Kyosho didnt design theirs with enough downforce!"

So, what would have happened if they came out with a RB5.2 "worlds edition" after you bought your car and not a conversion kit? You would have been even more pissed. Be thankful a conversion came out.

Hot Bodies came out with a "worlds edition" D4 after the intitial D4 release. Tamyia recently introduced a "worlds edition" 501x as well. And I believe that both of those companies offer the upgrade parts separately for those that already own the "standard" versions and dont want to purchase a new car. Every company does it, not just Kyosho.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:19 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nc-hopsing
You keep saying you NEEDED IT. You didnt need it, you THINK you need it because its available. Its no different than you thinking that you need a J concepts body because it has more down force than the stock Kyosho body....."I have to spend $30 on a new body because Kyosho didnt design theirs with enough downforce!"

So, what would have happened if they came out with a RB5.2 "worlds edition" after you bought your car and not a conversion kit? You would have been even more pissed. Be thankful a conversion came out.

Hot Bodies came out with a "worlds edition" D4 after the intitial D4 release. Tamyia recently introduced a "worlds edition" 501x as well. And I believe that both of those companies offer the upgrade parts separately for those that already own the "standard" versions and dont want to purchase a new car. Every company does it, not just Kyosho.

You come here and tell me what I think, well, let me tell you what I think. I think as a sponsored person you need to fix that filter between your brain and your typing hand. Now I'm pissed? Who said pissed? Are you sure you want to say the worlds kit is not needed? Really sure?

What do you run?

Living in your "let's say" imaginary world, let's say we look at the box and see what it says:

Kyosho announces the new Ultima RB5 electric racing buggy. It's a virtually all-new design that is the result of years of R&D and includes the collective experience of the world's most experienced RC racing drivers and engineers from the world's most experienced RC racing company. The main goal of the new Ultima RB5 is simple - to win the next IFMAR World Championship

Also says:

The new Ultima RB5 only shares rear hubs with the Lazer ZX-5 and a few common hardware items, but the essential and distinguishing components of the car, such as the chassis, transmission, bulkheads, shock towers, suspension and the sleek aerodynamic body, are all new. Each aspect of the car is specially designed and tested to produce maximum performance. Likewise, the materials chosen for this new Ultima are exhaustively tested - all with the goal to create the ultimate no-nonsense competition car that's ready to take on the world.

Then says this:

Rear Suspension - The rear suspension arms are symmetrical so a single replacement arm can be used on either side of the car, saving money and space inside your pit box because you don't need to carry as many replacement parts. The inside of the arms are attached to the chassis using separate suspension mounts, which will allows anti-squat adjustment. The rear wheel hubs feature three lower hinge-pin holes, which allow modification of the ride height with minimal disturbance of the suspension geometry. Vertical ball studs for the both the inner and out rod ends of the upper link mean the rear suspension geometry can be fine-tuned with shims.

Now let's say we think outside the box.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:22 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by SQC049
Wow, you really are stupid. Grammar and spelling are two totally different things. Besides that, they are totally unrelated to reading comprehension.

Do you even know what you are talking about?
Do you think we are all stupid? You probably go through your whole day thinking everyone around you is stupid. Other drivers, co-workers, family members, etc. Here's the burn bud; The stupidest people in the world are the ones who think everyone else is stupid. When you come to the realization that we are not you will look back at the way you have talked to and treated people you will realize what an ass you are.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Honestly dude, are you kidding?

Look at ANY other company, you could start threads for all of them.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Stupid RC companies, always releasing updates to make thier cars better what are they thinking.. i have never heard of a company doing this...Why on earth would they want to improve thier product and make more money at the same time..Thats just bad buisness.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

You come here and tell me what I think, well, let me tell you what I think. I think as a sponsored person you need to fix that filter between your brain and your typing hand. Now I'm pissed? Who said pissed? Are you sure you want to say the worlds kit is not needed? Really sure?

What do you run?

Living in your "let's say" imaginary world, let's say we look at the box and see what it says:

Kyosho announces the new Ultima RB5 electric racing buggy. It's a virtually all-new design that is the result of years of R&D and includes the collective experience of the world's most experienced RC racing drivers and engineers from the world's most experienced RC racing company. The main goal of the new Ultima RB5 is simple - to win the next IFMAR World Championship

OK, and that was over a year ago and the same is still being done as far as R&D

Also says:

The new Ultima RB5 only shares rear hubs with the Lazer ZX-5 and a few common hardware items, but the essential and distinguishing components of the car, such as the chassis, transmission, bulkheads, shock towers, suspension and the sleek aerodynamic body, are all new. Each aspect of the car is specially designed and tested to produce maximum performance. Likewise, the materials chosen for this new Ultima are exhaustively tested - all with the goal to create the ultimate no-nonsense competition car that's ready to take on the world.

Yup, and the hubs will still interchange if you so choose, to try somethng different

Then says this:

Rear Suspension - The rear suspension arms are symmetrical so a single replacement arm can be used on either side of the car, saving money and space inside your pit box because you don't need to carry as many replacement parts. The inside of the arms are attached to the chassis using separate suspension mounts, which will allows anti-squat adjustment. The rear wheel hubs feature three lower hinge-pin holes, which allow modification of the ride height with minimal disturbance of the suspension geometry. Vertical ball studs for the both the inner and out rod ends of the upper link mean the rear suspension geometry can be fine-tuned with shims.

And yup. The hubs in the worlds kit dont have the three hole adjustment anymore. Other than that, nothings changed. Whats your point?

Now let's say we think outside the box.

Yup, my opinion is that you're pissed. Just like its your opinion that Kyosho is trying to screw the racer by coming out with all these new and improved upgrades for a car "that shouldnt require them".

And for your information, this was my first big race with Kyosho. I've been on the team for about two months. I joined the team because of the way Kyosho is striving to make better cars and trying to give the racers better products.

And yes, I do run the worlds kit. Because its what works for me on the tracks I race on. It still doesnt mean that its needed. There have been several racers that have posted in other threads not liking the worlds rear end on their cars at their particular tracks.

I gave examples of where every other manufacturer has and does the same thing as what you say Kyosho is doing wrong. But you got nothing to say except that I have a skewed outlook because I'm sponsored?

Things have changed since the RB5 came out for sure. So what. The Hot Bodies D4 came out about the same time, and they introduced a complete new car now. Kyosho has an update kit for the RB5. Big deal. Every company does it, and will if they come up with a newer, better product or design.

If you arent mad, then why start this post in the first place? What were you trying to get out of it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.