R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 07-01-2008, 11:46 AM   #1
Tech Adept

Default Does Kyosho candy have razor blades in it?

Kyosho has changed their cars so much lately I can't keep up. I was waiting for the RT5 but bought a T4 instead.

Why? Way too many $50 and $100 upgades to their "state of the art" racers. I've just had enough.

Does anyone else feel this way?
STRINGCHEESE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 11:52 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRINGCHEESE View Post
Kyosho has changed their cars so much lately I can't keep up. I was waiting for the RT5 but bought a T4 instead.

Why? Way too many $50 and $100 upgades to their "state of the art" racers. I've just had enough.

Like what? You people make me laugh. The ZX5 was out for almost three years before the SP was released.

The RB5 has remained unchanged since its release. They offer a new rear end as a tuning aid, but it is far from required to make the car work.

What else is bothering you? I don't understand when people complain about a racing company constantly working to improve their products. How can that be a bad thing?
Old 07-01-2008, 11:55 AM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to K_King

I actually enjoy that they are constantly upgrading! Sure it may cost you more, but they are showing you that they are hard at work tweaking and finding what is better. It is a major reason why I went with an RB5 recently, because I know they are constantly looking at things. I have a few friends that are team drivers and I see them testing new parts on their RB5s, which is sweet as hell. It makes you feel a little more secure knowing that the car you drive is always being tested and being made better whenever possible.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:56 AM   #4
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQC049 View Post
Like what? You people make me laugh. The ZX5 was out for almost three years before the SP was released.

The RB5 has remained unchanged since its release. They offer a new rear end as a tuning aid, but it is far from required to make the car work.

What else is bothering you? I don't understand when people complain about a racing company constantly working to improve their products. How can that be a bad thing?
Because they think you need all the fancy stuff to be competitive, I would have waited for the rt5 for sure. Those shocks is butta...
Old 07-01-2008, 12:07 PM   #5
Tech Adept

Please allow me to ask you gentlemen this.

Why release a tuning aid to a "perfectly good" buggy?

Because it needed it.

Why was there no changes to the "other guys" cars in over three years?

Because they win.

Why wait buy a new under-developed RT5 when the "other guys" have tuning so dialed the kit settings are good enough to win the worlds?

Because it's new.

Why worry about a RT5 upgrade kit for $150 (50,100, then 150...progressive) a month after it's release?

Because I have more money then brains.

Also are the Kyosho cars better then the "other guys"?

No. Just more BS upgrades and immediate kit changes.

If the SP was so good a month ago why a new FS?

So it looks like an AE car.

Seems to me Kyosho just runs a car until the dies wear out in the factory.
Then they charge us more money to upgrade to pay for some new dies. Kyosho has had their last new purchase from this customer. I'll keep my RB5 and ZX-5 going, but will never buy another new kit.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:16 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Quote:

Because it needed it.

Wrong it didnt NEED it, but it does help it out on a loose track. Ever run a B4 on a loose track using the one and only setup used for it? Good luck with that.

Because one company doesn't develop (then again the XXX has been out since 99, so you tell me if there haven't been any changes in 8 years for it? Oh yeah there have been - BK1, BK2, CR. Oopz. The B4 looks like it went to plastic chassis, which many had to buy as extra, not to mention other plastic pieces. Oh yes the B4 and T4 also run a new rear chassis brace, its called product development to make cars better.

Because they win.

They also have very talented drivers, dont think its all purely the car.

Why wait buy a new under-developed RT5 when the "other guys" have tuning so dialed the kit settings are good enough to win the worlds?

Under-developed? You mean coming out and testing new things at every big race is being under-developed? Wow. And no kit setting will ever win a World's.

Because it's new.

Why worry about a RT5 upgrade kit for $150 (50,100, then 150...progressive) a month after it's release?

The RB5 has been out over a year, and they recently came out with the new rear end, I fail to see any other upgrade kits for it. Stop being so overdramatic.

There you have it then.

So if you bought a XXX for 250 in 99, are you bitching about the CR that came out for 250 which is basically the same car with a few tweaks here and there? Nah didnt think so. Its purely evident you want a car that is staying in place with no development on it whatsoever. May I suggest a Traxxas Bandit.

Actually the B44 is mostly CF, and the Lazer is not. The B44 has the motor in the middle, the Lazer up front. How are they similar again? Oh because its a saddle pack, guess only the B44 has that right?

Then they charge us more money to upgrade to pay for some new dies. Kyosho has had their last new purchase from this customer. I'll keep my RB5 and ZX-5 going, but will never buy another new kit.

Sweet good luck with your Traxxas.

Replied within
Old 07-01-2008, 12:18 PM   #7
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

You couldn't be more wrong. The XXX was release back in 1999 and has gone through many changes since its inception. There was the BK1, BK2 and now the CR. The CR did not come out three years ago.

The new rear end on the RB5 IS NOT NEEDED. The car works great without it. It is a tuning aid. By your logic, why do companies release different springs or shock pistons for their car? I guess that means the stock car is no good, right?

This is a ridiculous argument.

People bitch and moan that Losi doesn't care about racers anymore because they haven't made any improvements to their cars. Now Kyosho is getting shit for trying to improve and offer options that allow you to tune your car to different track conditions.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:28 PM   #8
Tech Elite

Forgot to mention that the T4, what do the Team guys run? GT2 front shock tower, GT2 arms, GT2 aluminum bulkhead, plastic chassis and rear arms and tower. Those don't come with the stock kit now do they?
Old 07-01-2008, 12:30 PM   #9
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:

Because it needed it.

Because they win.

Because it's new.

Sorry to hear that you wont be buying another K-car. If you step back and take a look, the Kyosho electric team is relatively new and small. Mark Pavidis did alot of the 2wd testing on his own in the U.S during the initial development of the 2wd car. And Kyosho came out with it, it was a good car. With more drivers and more testing, a "better" combination of parts became available. Still not a necessity for the average club racer, but a worthwhile improvement for the serious racer.

Associated wins alot of races with their drivers.......it doesnt mean that there cars couldnt use some new development (their parts wear out horribly fast) I know people that wish that the B4 was "easier" to drive. Just because Tebo and Cav can win with it, doesnt mean that the car is a winner for everyone.

Kyosho is striving to develope cars that anyone can win with. Cars that are fast AND easy to drive as well as durable and long lasting.

The RT5 could have been released after the Cactus in March and it would have been a good truck. At the Shootout this past weekend, the truck was even better. And with more testing it will be even better, and when its released it will be an awesome truck! It will be worth the wait.

KYOSHO AMERICA.com -Peakmotors.com - kyoshoforum.com - Team SlantEyEs - Hardkore Paint - JBRL Off Road Series - JConcepts.net
nc-hopsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 12:35 PM   #10
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to bgolat Send a message via AIM to bgolat Send a message via Yahoo to bgolat

Quote:

Do you have a RB5 in good shape you want to trade for a B4?
bgolat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 12:36 PM   #11
Tech Elite

Oh yeah I forgot, you have to modify the rear pivot brace on the B4/T4 and add 1 oz, and another .5 oz on the chassis. Thats what the team found out, its what they do, they find out what works better and adjust. Its not a knock on AE, they are doing what they are supposed to do, which is make their current cars work better. Sure you can run a box stock FT and be fine, but that's not how they run it.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:38 PM   #12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQC049 View Post
This is a ridiculous argument.
Consider who you're arguing with before arguing...this dude wants to take the diff balls out of his rear diff...BRILLIANT!!!

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=229763

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 12:43 PM   #13
Tech Adept

No $50 and $100 upgrades mentioned for the "other guys" LESS THEN A YEAR AFTER RELEASE OF A NEW KIT!!!!^^^^

Just at most a $25 chassis, $5 plate, or a spring (according to above posts)

Have you guys (especially you RB_Five) read the RB5 thread. EVERYONE asked if the buggy needs the worlds rear end answers yes. Hundreds of pages saying yes the car needs it. So don't tell me it's not needed.

And yes the shocks are the best in the industry. Hands down.

Why would kyosho even consider stepping on the ZX-5 SP? They have figured out they can make a LOT more money on the upgrade kits. This is big business for them. And yes the people at Kyosho are taking advantage of us. I'm sorry. But some of us are just to blind (or stupid) to see it.

Go buy a Kyosho and experience what I'm talking about.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:48 PM   #14
Tech Elite

Quote:
No $50 and $100 upgrades mentioned for the "other guys" LESS THEN A YEAR AFTER RELEASE OF A NEW KIT!!!!^^^^

Just at most a $25 chassis, $5 plate, or a spring (according to above posts)

Have you guys (especially you RB_Five) read the RB5 thread. EVERYONE asked if the buggy needs the worlds rear end answers yes. Hundreds of pages saying yes the car needs it. So don't tell me it's not needed.

And yes the shocks are the best in the industry. Hands down.

Why would kyosho even consider stepping on the ZX-5 SP? They have figured out they can make a LOT more money on the upgrade kits. This is big business for them. And yes the people at Kyosho are taking advantage of us. I'm sorry. But some of us are just to blind (or stupid) to see it.

Go buy a Kyosho and experience what I'm talking about.
Actually you have to buy a chassis 25, towers 10, arms 10, bulkhead 20, and the time to modify the pivot and add weight.

So you spend 240 on the kit and put another 65 into OPTION PARTS and add another 30 or so for the Quickchange rear end.

And nobody ever said the rear end is worth it, in fact some dont like it.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:49 PM   #15
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr View Post
Consider who you're arguing with before arguing...this dude wants to take the diff balls out of his rear diff...BRILLIANT!!!

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=229763
this coming from a guy who huffs paint.

Are you running in FTMS or MARS?