Community
Wiki Posts
Search

x60 truck

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 12:24 PM
Tech Regular

Ok, my next race will be on carpet. I am debating on ordering foams or not because this will be the only race on carpet all year. It is ozite and jack the gripper is the only traction compound allowed. What do the rest of you think?
Old 02-24-2009, 03:01 PM
Tech Regular

Can you borrow some from anybody at the track? Or perhaps "rent" some for like $5? If its only going to be one race, I would hate to have to lay out the money for two pairs of tires you probably won't need again.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:22 PM
Tech Regular

This will be a first for most everyone at the race. So I may just try panthers or barcodes.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SpeedyPenguin
There is still time to order online if you want, I don't know if Chazz is bringing any along with him, or of any local dealers that have any in right now.
Not looking to race the Cactus. I am comming back after a looong break. I haven't built a car since the days of my RC10 goldpan and don't have a donor vehicle. I figured if I could find someone with an already built an X-60, I could reimburse the purchase price and throw in an open boxed, unbuilt TC4 for their trouble (way too complex for me ).

Last edited by Blind Skwerl; 02-24-2009 at 03:29 PM. Reason: I speel good
Old 02-24-2009, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Mytimac, There should have been two sizes of threaded inserts in that little bag -- four 1/2" long and 2 shorter ones, 3/8". The two short ones go under the bulkhead, and if they are installed correctly in their hexes they should not protrude behind either the chassis or the bulkhead. For that to happen both chassis and bulkhead would have to be badly mal-formed, and your car probably would not run.

The four long inserts hold the transmission in.

If there has been a mistake, it's hard to get the inserts out of the chassis. Far easier to just get a new set of #6300 threaded inserts, put the short ones in where they go, and have some spares.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Blind Skwerl
Not looking to race the Cactus. I am comming back after a looong break. I haven't built a car since the days of my RC10 goldpan and don't have a donor vehicle. I figured if I could find someone with an already built an X-60, I could reimburse the purchase price and throw in an open boxed, unbuilt TC4 for their trouble (way too complex for me ).
Fortunately for you, team driver Alex Krieg and prototype X-60 builder Chris Krieg (yup, that's me) both live in Chandler, AZ. If you get a T4 and an X-60 kit, we'll help you build it. However, we recommend you try it yourself so you really get to know the vehicle and how it goes together for when it comes apart. The manual is pretty clear and uses pictoral style instructions to help you build the most dialed truck in the world.

Chris
Old 02-24-2009, 05:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ok, so is there a better T4 kit to use? El cheapo or factory team, etc.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The team kit has a few upgrades like the turnbuckles that you can use on the X-60.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Khador12
Ok, my next race will be on carpet. I am debating on ordering foams or not because this will be the only race on carpet all year. It is ozite and jack the gripper is the only traction compound allowed. What do the rest of you think?
Foams are generally much better than rubber of any sort on carpet. Rubbers just fold over to much, making your car less, "sure" on track. Foams will feel more precise and in control.

If you really don't want to run foams, then a low pin/slick rubber with a STIFF foam would be closer than a regular tire. Maybe a taper pin.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Khador12
I have actually ran my x-60 on the carpet with good success. At our track up here in michigan we use either pro-line stryker II tires or duratrax street trac tires with trinity buggy inserts. On a side note I tried running 1/8 buggy molded foam inserts in the front (cut about an inch and a half out of them) and the truck had a tone more steering.
I used the kit set up with AE shocks the only change I made was AE gray springs in the rear and AE blue springs up front. If you need any help let me know I will do what I can to help.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

hi
here a pic. of x-60 on carpet

if you to gilley tv on youtube and u can watch some indoor carpet off i my
fav. place to race.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

gilley tv on youtube
http://www.rctech.net/forum/wisconsi...ois-racing-11/

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=...tv&view=videos

the plex glass is to act like ice if you pull the trigger it loop u around

Last edited by gone banana; 03-02-2010 at 05:33 PM.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

I have a question for the X Factory guys. Are the 4-40 x 1 1/2" flat head screws used to hold the battery down going to be available? The head on mine stripped on install, and that is a hard size to find. Thanks
Old 02-25-2009, 08:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

here is a video that I found from out local track as well
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtOYoKl-7ls
Mike Ciresi
Old 02-25-2009, 08:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Rando
I have a question for the X Factory guys. Are the 4-40 x 1 1/2" flat head screws used to hold the battery down going to be available? The head on mine stripped on install, and that is a hard size to find. Thanks
On my truck I actually used a 1 inch cap head screw I threaded it in from the top and left a little over a 1/4 inch hanging out then I cut the head off and used AE thumb screws to hold the strap down. I will take a few pics for you.

Mike Ciresi

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.