Wiki Posts
Search

Velineon

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 09:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by streetracer1
imo.. the vxl is a great set up for the begginer and for the money. but lets be honest the vxl esc is just plan junk. the solder joints come apart on most and there is no adjustablity at all. but on the other hand i can't say enough good things about the motor. it stay nice and cool, has plenty of power and torque and can get a hell of a top speed.

the mamba on the other hand also has its ups and downs. the esc is great. the programming is awesome and can handle more power then the vxl. but on the other hand the motors do run alot hotter then the vxl.

my suggestion would be buy the mamba max esc and then get the vxl motor. this way you get the best of both worlds. it'll cost you little more this way than just buying the vxl set up but still cost a little less than buying the mamba set up. vxl system-$160 mamba system-$220 buying them seperate to make a complete system right around $180-$200.

and always remember you get what you pay for
that aint a bad idea at all.
Old 06-15-2008, 05:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Are there other differences between the standard Stampede and the vxl that I am not aware of? i wish i had just bought the vxl to begin with.
Old 06-15-2008, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by anthonystampede
Are there other differences between the standard Stampede and the vxl that I am not aware of? i wish i had just bought the vxl to begin with.
body color and the cool dark rims is all i know of. i know nothing about traxxas really, just little things.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by anthonystampede
vxl has the velineon system which is BL. The standard XL-5 is brushed. the VXL also comes with bearings all around at the wheels while the XL-5 comes with bushings.

Basically the XL-5 can be fully upgraded to the VXL at a later date if needed/wanted.

The VXL motor and MM esc idea sounds like a good idea and what I may be upgrading my old school (pre xl-5, came with a MECHANICAL SPEED CONTROL!) Stampede
Old 06-15-2008, 09:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

The VXL RCs come with 5x11 bearing carriers and bearings (the XL-5 has 5x8 carriers and bushings), adjustable turnbuckles, and metal gears in the transmission. All of that can be done to modify an XL5 setup if you already have one.