Wiki Posts
Search

Ryan Cavalieri in RCCA interview.

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 02:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
where did you come up with this logic in a thread about how cavalieri made the 1,000 dollar comment ???

you mean more so like you shouldnt tell your company's customers that if you take to much time helping one customer it gets in your way to reach beyond your quota and you missed out on a bonus of a 1,000.00...... how's that sound !!!

Ya playa fo sho.........
Keep it gangsta playa
Old 05-13-2008, 02:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

dude form the looks of that start, cavalieri got punted after the 3rd corner.

now i dont know about you, but at a worlds race i would be pissed knowing i could have won.

just thinking. lol.

Originally Posted by nyourgrill
Ck out this video. After Matsuzaki wins the worlds several drivers congratulate him on his win. Cav was standing right next to him and turns around and says nothing. You make your own conclusion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDXzCQ7Qpjk
Old 05-13-2008, 02:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

1st, it $1,000, not thousands of dollars. RCCA could've written that better.
2nd, comparisons have been made to other professional sports and the players in them. Funny, I've never seen my next door neighbor running a NASCAR race, or my boss playing basketball for the Suns.
I'm not defending or abhoring what was said, just noting what's been brought up in this thread. But it needs to be stated that these professionals race with non-professionals. There is a MUCH bigger experience/know-how/talent spread between what we do, and Jimmie Johnson does, for example.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (98%+)

I met Ryan in the cactus classic this year and we talked for a while, he was approachable and was friendly

with what I see, he is just a fierce competitor that hates to lose, that is why he is good at what he does, he is a world champ
He gets upset when he loses and knows he had a chance to win
He and Tebo seem to have the same fiery attitude when they lose
It also doesnt help when you have alot of pressure from your sponsors and sometimes family

But with my experience with them you can always go up to them and talk to them and ask for autographs and they will stop what they are doing and will oblige. Dont know why people are suprised that he was upset when he lost, especially if money was involved,
the regular club racer would too
just my opinion, no offense intended
Old 05-13-2008, 02:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SmItH_aLeX
dude form the looks of that start, cavalieri got punted after the 3rd corner.

now i dont know about you, but at a worlds race i would be pissed knowing i could have won.

just thinking. lol.
Move or Get Moved !!!!!
Old 05-13-2008, 03:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Ryan is the fastest and nicest guy there is out there.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

I heard thru my cousins brother that met ryan at a club race 3 years ago at a club race that he actually ate a live baby when he did not win by three laps and then burnt all of his equipment in a fit of rage and put a hit out on the guy who won....

I have talked to ryan several times when things have gone good and bad for him and he has never crossed me as over the top. He takes his JOB very serious as he should.

I see more people at club races running for bowling trophies do more stupid things.

Get over it and maybe find something new to bash people about
Old 05-13-2008, 04:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Francis M.
Sorry for the bad spelling but I just find it funny that some people want to nit pic someone at his Job all the while wasting thier own companies time on something I'm almost 100% sure of that RCTECH is not part of the Job Duty...
Ahh Haa....

I do understand where your coming from and was actually thinking along the same lines.
Old 05-13-2008, 05:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I have met the guy several times and a good friend of mine knows him on a first name basis they even call each other on the phone.All i can say is that he is a nice guy and his girlfriend is Hot!!
Old 05-13-2008, 05:12 PM
Tech Master

Randy you are ridiculous.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:56 PM
Tech Initiate

So the kid is no speech and debate champion and lacks the social skills needed to be politically correct when being interviewed by a magazine. I suggest that everyone just get off his back and let him be the 21 year old he is. Over the years he will live and learn how to word things a little better and evolve as a person. Heck, isn't that what life is all about?

Regards,
Captain Money Shot
Old 05-14-2008, 11:10 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I actuall read thos whole thread and agree with those who undertand his position because they've been there. I too have held his standing in another sport and have felt the pressure that this young man has on him.

This is his JOB and his Passion. He has put this kind of pressure on himself by paying his bills with his passion. His response while not politically correct is a passionate response.

For the younger guys drooling for sponsorship, let this be a lesson to you. Competing at this level of competition is tough, heartbreaking, and loads of work that doesn't get seen or appreciated.

Ryan, your comment is fine with me. You are a Multi National Champioship winning interviewee. So that being said, let it go.

Nascar and every other type of racing has this exact same principle. Someone takes you off of your "flyer" qualifier, takes you out in a race and tempers flare. Passion does that to people

Being passionate never is politically correct. Get thicker skin if you need to, I can take it the way it is. Can you?
Old 05-14-2008, 01:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by waggz
I heard thru my cousins brother that met ryan at a club race 3 years ago at a club race that he actually ate a live baby when he did not win by three laps and then burnt all of his equipment in a fit of rage and put a hit out on the guy who won....
Thats Brilliant!

I wonder if everyone reading through this would feel better if they knew EXACTLY how much a driver earned at a race? Salary? Etc. I know many of those things are coveted (for obvious reasons) and not made public. Im often curious about how much $$ is at stake, but the parrallel between RC and Pro drivers ARE similar. Both paid to win.
Its all about marketing. Do you think AE would boast 14 something World Championships in ads if they didn't earn them. Hell, its THE major selling point! Its about bragging rights, Ford Vs Chevy argument etc etc.

People don't just make it into an A Main, they earn it and often its an uphill battle all the way. As much as I love RC, i got burnt out and walked away from it for a while and came back. I would think being a pro to be EXTREMELY Stressful Esp. if you have mult. sponsors!

I met Kinwald at a recent race at my local track. SUPER approchable, lots of advise, and he talked to everyone that came to him. I remember an RCCA article Years ago, when he was running for AE or Losi, can't remember exactly, and the mag was at a track w/ him. Another racer blatantly blasted him off the track, then commented "I've been wanting to do that to you for years" as he was congradulated by his buddies. Kinwald simply smiled gathered his broken car and walked back to his pit to fix it. The author commented Despite his noteriety, he still gets no respect. And this was simply a photoshoot, it wasn't even a race!

So THAT SAID, going back to my first comment about knowing a drivers salary, if you didn't particularly like a certain driver, OR even just out of jelousy, knowing that you could cost the driver $$$ wouldn't that motivate people to enact revenge on a track? I would think knowing that it could cost a driver $$, might make people try and take them out. Pro drivers simply need to paint Bulleyes on their cars. Regardless, I think its skill more than personality that gets you paid. I also don't think though that if you are fast and can compete on that level, I wouldn't just move over cause a pro is behind you, but if its obvious you are holding them up, let them pass! This is just common track etiquette.

I've met Joe pilars, Babcock, Amezcua, Baker, Hara, Kinwald etc, and several lesser pros at my local track. I've never been turned away from any of them.
Regardless of how you might view a pro, if you take issue with their personality, strive to be better and NOT do as they do.

MOmo
Old 05-14-2008, 02:02 PM
Tech Master

With all the good and bad being posted on this thread, its cool to see that when myself or other team drivers take the time to help out and answer questions for people that it is appreciated.

My racing has kind of had to take a back seat for the past couple years so I could go and support our Team Drivers and also be more available for PR work at the races. I feel its really important for companies to have a good representative at the track incase customers/drivers have questions regarding any of their products. Matt Francis was in my opinion was the best at doing this. He could race and win basically any race he attended while also helping out anyone who had a question.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MOmo

...So THAT SAID, going back to my first comment about knowing a drivers salary, if you didn't particularly like a certain driver, OR even just out of jelousy, knowing that you could cost the driver $$$ wouldn't that motivate people to enact revenge on a track? I would think knowing that it could cost a driver $$, might make people try and take them out. Pro drivers simply need to paint Bulleyes on their cars...
MOmo
Perhaps I am a glass half full kind of guy. I doubt too many racers would be so engulfed in jealousy that someone else making money at the track would cause them to take him out on purpose. Seems petty. Especially considering you would most likely ruin your own race as well. You also risk getting in trouble at the facility itself for intentional hacking; could get you banned. Besides, I doubt even the top racers are making all that much money. It's all relative though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.