Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MAXAMPS LIPO PACKS

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 08:54 AM
Tech Regular

here's the pics,

I had to dremel off the front stiffening ribs, part of the front top plate and a bit of the side of the battery tray and could not get the battery to sit low enough for the battery hold down to be put in place

i just got to a point where I thought further removal of material from my chassis seemed to be too drastic to me.

if fairness to maxamps though, the pack does work fine and I did purchase from impakt, where no claim of fitment is made rather than directly from them where the claim is made.

looking again, the main issue seems to be that the routing of the power wires seems to be the main issue

my dremeling made the compartment large enough, but the wires just exit too low on the side of the pack, if they exited on the center I wouldn't have a problem
Attached Thumbnails MAXAMPS LIPO PACKS-dsc01574.jpg   MAXAMPS LIPO PACKS-dsc01575.jpg   MAXAMPS LIPO PACKS-dsc01576.jpg  
Old 04-08-2008, 08:59 AM
Tech Adept

That is not a standard 3S 5000 pack. That pack was a special order from the dealer with the wires out the top corner of the pack instead of the center. If you would have ordered it from the website, it would have fit with no modifications. That is where the problem is. We can not control how the dealers order their packs.

-Austin
Old 04-08-2008, 09:10 AM
Tech Regular

the website would make it appear that there is only one 5000mah 3s pack that you guys make, which is where the confusion comes in

I am not claiming you guys are wrong or have treated me unfairly at all, since that pack was not purchased with a rustler in mind as it's primary use,

but after looking at the maxamps website, it looked as if there was only one type of 3s 5000mah pack, so it looked as if they would all fit.

upon closer research, (only found by putting both packs from your site in a shopping cart) there is a -t at the end of the VXL pack model number

once again this is not a mistake, or wrongdoing by maxamps

but it is a miscommunication that I can only imagine has happend to other people as well and not just me.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:16 AM
Tech Adept

I got it. I will think about this a bit more and try and figure out how we might be able to address it.

Thanks again for the feedback!

-Austin
Old 04-08-2008, 11:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wade7575
Here's another reason not to buy anything from Maxx Amps I do not know if this was already covered by someone else.A hobby shop I deal with told me one day on the phone when I was asking about a charger setup by them and they told me they would not carry Max Amps anymore,when I asked why they told me all there stuff was great,but what pissed off the shop owner is that they will sell direct to the public and for him that's not the big deal.What was the Big deal is how after your order reaches a certain dollar amount you meaning the public get a major discount on your order,here's the thing when he looked at the kids reciept he was getting at the same price is as the hobby shop dealer price is.I can understand when some makers of products sell stuff direct I know it helped me out not having a LHS but I never got the stuff at the same price as a dealer would get it at,it's mainly higher in price when ordering this way rather than ordering from a LHS.
Why would you base your opinion based on what you hear?

So you are not dealing with them because they offer all loyal customers? One way to look at it is we all can be our own dealers.

Take a gas station for example, do they make money on the gas they sell no? they make money off the two bottles on pop you just bought. In this case selling maxamps packs may bring in more customers?

"while I am here I might as well pick up some more a-arms and tires"
Old 04-08-2008, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Austin,

I just recieved the 6000 saddle pack less than a week ago, and I dont have before and after pictures and Its not worth taking the car apart for pics. As I mentioned the batteries are great.

What I will do is measure the stock posts and the posts that I just bought....

Stock posts measure 21.62mm

Aftermarket posts measure 35.01mm

Pack height 27.5mm

Though with the 35mm posts I did have to use velcro to take up the little slop from the taller posts. I am assuming that If I would have bought the shorter 30mm posts it would have been a snugger fit.

Either way, I am still happy with the battery but it dosnt take much to see that the stock post is 21.62mm and the battery is 27.5
Old 04-08-2008, 11:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OG RC 10T
Austin,

I just recieved the 6000 saddle pack less than a week ago, and I dont have before and after pictures and Its not worth taking the car apart for pics. As I mentioned the batteries are great.

What I will do is measure the stock posts and the posts that I just bought....

Stock posts measure 21.62mm

Aftermarket posts measure 35.01mm

Pack height 27.5mm

Though with the 35mm posts I did have to use velcro to take up the little slop from the taller posts. I am assuming that If I would have bought the shorter 30mm posts it would have been a snugger fit.

Either way, I am still happy with the battery but it dosnt take much to see that the stock post is 21.62mm and the battery is 27.5

I bought m y B44 used from an RC Tech guy on here, along with his 6000 MaxAmps lipo. I found that he was using a lexan tray under the pack, which raised it up, and he then put 2 screws (like the one that holds the rear bumper into place) that moved the posts up by those amounts on all 4. It works perfectly fine, and I dont know if its the battery pack, or the lexan that requires them but its a snug fit for sure.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:29 PM
Tech Adept

I think that the pack you have for your B44 must not be the current version. I know that the first couple packs that went out had an issue with the wires going over the pack. We have since solved this issue so that the wires dont go over it. This makes the pack height just under the stock height and its a perfect snug fit with no play.

-Austin
Old 04-08-2008, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

The inital pack that I had was the 6300mah and the wires were differnet. The 6000mah that I got last saturday from Josh, has the wires on both sides which allows the post to be in the middle.

It has been about a week that I have had this pack. Is it possible that your guys sent me an older made pack intead of a current pack?
Old 09-20-2008, 08:55 PM
gfx
Tech Adept