Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MAXAMPS LIPO PACKS

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 08:02 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by austinelse
I felt that sending it out in the MaxAmps newsletter was an "open" method. I guess I misunderstood what you meant by "open".

I suppose asking anyone who is doing a review solely for the purpose of a T-Shirt should disclose that in the review. I don't see the sponsored drivers posting how much of their products are free when they talk about those products. I also don't see the magazines disclosing what products that they reviewed were free to them.

I would love to hear specifically what you mean by this statement:

"I still think you are missing an opportunity for a much more positive and effective message."

I would love to hear any ideas that you have regarding us providing a "positive and effective message". I feel like we offer an outstanding product and value along with over the top customer service. If there is anything we could do to improve the message, I would love to hear it. I am always open to new ideas and a "positive and effective message" sounds like exactly what we try to promote.

-Austin
I feel I've already rambled on way too much already, but what I am saying is just identify the thread as a commercial thread right up front. Being open on this thread. On here. At the start of the thread. Not your newsletter or emails to your existing customers. Sorry that I can't explain my self more clearly.

And no disrespect, but this is not a magazine, nor a direct substitution for one either. I suspect we all know the deal on magazines.

Valid point regarding the sponsored drivers, at least to some point. But it generally is not all that hard to discern either. One clue is the signature, granted not foolproof. And the approach, generally the sponsored guys who do start theads do it with more of a just the facts approach. They generally just toss out the features without much gushing and such, then answer questions as asked.

Again I refer to the Schumacher threads as just one example, there are plenty of others. I'm not sure how to copy a thread link, but try the Speed Passion Brushless Answers Thread in the on road electric section. They clearly identify themselves, clearly state it is a press release, and ask for questions. Right in the thread title. I don't believe you will find much criticism of them on those threads. Like you have here, by many others than just myself as well.

No disrespect sir, I wish I could express my self better. Perhaps I just can't help.

Cheers in any event.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:14 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by OG RC 10T
Austin,

Just reading through last page or so it seems like where part of the issue or problem is with what the inital poster wrote. If you read it, it is generic and kind of a commercial more than a review.

I know thats not your fault.

Dave unless I am miss understanding what you are saying, in your posts, but it almost seems as if you were confusing Austin and the orgional poster as being the same person.
I agree with your first comment. That seems to be the issue for myself and I suspect others.

I guess where we disagree, and thus perhaps I seem confused, is that I just don't agree with the second statement. I believe based on the info provided on this thread the the first post is Austin's, well fault is not the proper word perhaps, but at his suggestion/request whatever.

That said, I'm really not trying to be the big jerk here. My apologies to all that disagree or find my opinion, and/or my limited ability in expressing it, offensive in any way.

I am now going to do what I wish I would have done originally, which at this point is frickin' anything else.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I guess I should ask this now..
Does anybody know if the MaxAmps 7.4 volt 12000mah battery will really fit in a rustler vxl with the extended speed control mount kit?
Their website states it does and their customer service told me it does. But I want to hear from someone who has actually attempted to put this battery in this vehicle. I really don't want to throw down $230+ just to disappoint my daughter when it doesn't fit. And then have to deal with modifying the truck or sending the battery back.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:21 PM
Tech Adept

Default Advertising campaign

Thought I would add my opinion here on the advertising campaign, since Austin did mention that he was interested in them (which is appreciated). I also received one of the e-mails in question and was bothered by it. Although I don't post much (just getting started in this hobby), I read a lot of the forums, and see them as a place to get good, unbiased information. Seeing the e-mail disappointed me because it meant that I would have to start discounting anything positive written about Maxamps on the boards.

I understand that the magazines have advertisers; I subscribe to all of them, but have yet to see a negative review, so I discount what they say as well, but at least I know what I'm dealing with.

To the point about spending an advertising budget on customers, I'm all for that. They say it's a lot easier to keep an existing customer than find a new one, and to that point, Bishop Power Products built a lot of brand loyalty with me, because with each of my orders there seemed to be a free pen or a screwdriver in the box (and no, I have no relationship to them). Of course that helped cement my loyalty, although you can't do it on free pens alone.

When I say good things about BPP, Castle Creations, Neu, Traxxas, AE, or whoever, there are no ulterior motives. Just passing on my positive experiences. Once you introduce a possible ulterior motive (is this being posted by someone who really likes this product, or by a kid who thinks it's fine, they guess, but really wants a cool new free t-shirt?), the entire message becomes suspect.

John

------------------------------------------
E-Revo - Mamba Max/Neu
16.8v E-Maxx (brushed and completely stock)
Goliath Rock Crawler - Novak Goat
Axial Scorpion - Novak Goat
Rustler - Mamba Max
Vendetta ST - Quark/Permax
M18MT - Mamba
RC18T - Mamba
RC18B - Mamba
Exotek RC18T - Mamba
Micro-T (x2) - BB
Blade CX2
Walkera 4#3 (in the mail!)
Old 04-07-2008, 08:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Here's another reason not to buy anything from Maxx Amps I do not know if this was already covered by someone else.A hobby shop I deal with told me one day on the phone when I was asking about a charger setup by them and they told me they would not carry Max Amps anymore,when I asked why they told me all there stuff was great,but what pissed off the shop owner is that they will sell direct to the public and for him that's not the big deal.What was the Big deal is how after your order reaches a certain dollar amount you meaning the public get a major discount on your order,here's the thing when he looked at the kids reciept he was getting at the same price is as the hobby shop dealer price is.I can understand when some makers of products sell stuff direct I know it helped me out not having a LHS but I never got the stuff at the same price as a dealer would get it at,it's mainly higher in price when ordering this way rather than ordering from a LHS.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:21 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

So if I have a product and I say send me some biz buy telling people of my product or by handing out cards its not spamming. But if I say on the net buy your women at Joe blows its spamming.

If some one tries to send me a lead and I agree to compensate them its payed advertising. A T-shirt for some advertising is what it sounds like to me. I just picked up a 6000 mah pack today. My 3rd one. And the run time is friggin awesome. Not to say that they are the best but they have worked well so far. The run time with the Novak GTB and the 4300 is 30 minutes. Gosh I wish Novak was giving shirts away. I could have just got payed for advertising some thing I like to run, for what ever the reason. Kinda like a sponsored driver.

I wouldn't be to harsh. Look at all the free word of mouth given out and no return.
If I owned a company and thought if you are willing to do this you apparently like the product so why not.
Look at all the spam on this site. The only difference is its payed to the site owner to do it.
I just don't get all the hype?
Old 04-07-2008, 09:39 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tcmaster1
I got the letter and positive reviews were requested. The title of the email was "Calling all MaxAmps fans". by stating "fans" positive reviews are being sought
The first line of the email was "Free decals and Free T-shirts for all maxamps fans" once again using the word "fans"
This is what was asked for in the free tshirt part "Go to the electric or battery section and write a little review about your MaxAmps pack and how much you like it".
Then in closing There is this "This is our way of saying “Thank you” for being a loyal MaxAmps fan!"

No where in the email does it ask for an unbiased review.

I am and will continue to be a maxamps supporter. I think the products are great. But, I believe that doing a campaign such as this takes away from the crediblity of the company. It also clutters up threads with useless compensated reviews.

I will gladly tell the people I run maxamps packs without being asked to do so. I will also tell bad experiences the same way.
Sure the email encourages positive reviews, but by the same token I don't see where it says not to write anything bad.
I don't believe anything that is obviously biased can be called a review. Reviews are supposed to lay out all the info to help others make informed decisions, and we just can't do that if we only hear the good points.

Originally Posted by Stallard
The harm is not in giving out a free T-Shirt, it is in offering people one for spamming a forum.
To all of the people who received the email, why did you not spam forums?
IMO, the harm is in the original poster's inability to follow directions (and forum rules).

Originally Posted by wade7575
they told me they would not carry Max Amps anymore,when I asked why they told me all there stuff was great,but what pissed off the shop owner is that they will sell direct to the public and for him that's not the big deal.What was the Big deal is how after your order reaches a certain dollar amount you meaning the public get a major discount on your order,here's the thing when he looked at the kids reciept he was getting at the same price is as the hobby shop dealer price is.

I never got the stuff at the same price as a dealer would get it at,it's mainly higher in price when ordering this way rather than ordering from a LHS.
I'm taking this with a grain of salt. Your second point seems to contradict everything you say to start with. Without knowing the figures I must say I'm more inclined to not trust a salesperson, from my experience they usually have a tendency to exaggerate things in their favour.
What is wrong with a volume discount anyway, that is why the resellers get it cheaper.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:42 PM
Tech Adept

With regards to the 3S 8000 and the B44 packs...

OG RC 10T...

I have seen the B44 6000 pack you are referring to in a stock B44 with no issues fitting at all. I am not sure why you are having trouble with it but I have personally seen it fit with no modifications... So there must be something one of us is missing here...Either the pack that was built for you was not made to our normal specs or something. I would love to talk with you more about this and see some pictures. I have talked to tons of customers who use this pack in stock B44 setups with no modifications

tcmaster...

In the description of the 3S 8000 on the website it states in no uncertain terms:

"Requires Traxxas battery tray expansion kit to fit VXL"

I don't know if it needs to be larger font or its easy to miss. Its the second bullet point on the list in the description. This is the same for the 12000 7.4V pack.

-Austin
Old 04-07-2008, 10:53 PM
Tech Addict

Holy hell, This thread got busy while i was at work.

My last word on the subject, This is still a spam promotion, The guy from maxamps knows and understands that as well as everyone else, To have it labelled as such just doesn't suit him so he is trying (poorly) to defend it.

End of story.

I'm going to go offer some kids $10 bucks each to make positive threads about my computer repair bizzo on PC related forums.

Should start a real shitfight,.........
Old 04-08-2008, 03:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Alltapdout
Like a rainbow in the dark
yup like a rainbow in the dark
Old 04-08-2008, 06:40 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Austin-
I am still a MaxAmp supporter. In an earlier post you asked for the good and the bad. I am trying to explain the problem I had. And my concerns for buying from you in the future. I have had nothing but good things to say about the performance of your products.

I Know what your site says about fitting a 7.4 12000 pack in a rustler. I even repeated it in my post. But your site also says that a 5500 saddle pack fits a TRF 501x. No where does it say any modifications are required. It does NOT fit. If I extend the battery post by about 6 mm, cut holes in my body to clear the extended post, and let the body be distorted by the battery holding it up , then yes I can make it fit. I do not think that this is an acceptable solution. I simply wanted to return it for credit toward a 6000 saddle pack. Because maxamps customer service said that a 6000 would fit with no problems. I was denied because I didn't buy it directly from maxamps.

Then I read on here where someone had an issue with the 6000 fitting a b44. Since I was going to purchase a 6000 saddle at the same time I order a 12000 pack. That comment kind of concerned me. I already have $110 Maxamps weight holding down a box in my R/C room.

This is not the first time I have heard complaints about maxamps batteries not fitting the vehicle they were sold for. Although I really did not think it was a large issue. But having 3 people on this thread alone that have had similar problems with 3 different packs in different vehicles tells me that it may be a bigger issue than I was aware of.

Austin, I only posted this because your post asked for good and bad, please keep that in mind. I still like your products, I am still planning on spending a rather large amount of money with your company in the next 2 weeks. I am now going to spend it directly with your company instead of through a 3rd party so I can receive the full customer service. (now we opening another can of worms for people that sell your products).
Old 04-08-2008, 07:58 AM
Tech Adept

tcmaster1,

I have addressed the B44 and 3S 8000 issue earlier here.

The B44 pack does fit the B44. I have seen it. The 3S 8000 pack requires the battery tray expansion kit from Traxxas. That is stated clearly on the website.

This is the first I have heard of any fit issues with the TRF 501X. I will forward this on to R and D and make sure that the site is corrected.

I am sure you can understand that there is no benefit to us stating something will fit that won't. There is no reason for us to do this as every customer who gets the pack would have a problem.

There are not actually 3 people who had similar problems. There is actually only one problem. The TRF 501X. I will make sure this is taken care of today.

Thanks for the feedback!

-Austin
Old 04-08-2008, 08:07 AM
Tech Adept

I just checked with R and D on the 5500 pack. It does state that longer battery hold downs may be required.

Here is the link:

http://www.maxamps.com/Lipo-5500-74-Saddle.htm
Old 04-08-2008, 08:31 AM
Tech Regular

there is actually more than one problem

I'd mentioned that the 3s 5000mah pack sold to fit a rustler without mods does not fit in my rustler, the pack was purchased with intent to mainly run a different RC and only for ocassional use in the rustler

I even got out the dremel to work on my rustler's chassis a bit to try and get it to fit, but there was just no way it was going to work, the length of the pack combined with the exit point of the wires on the pack meant that it just wasn't going to work

In all fairness, I did purchase the pack from impaktrc.com whose website doesn't say anything about the pack fitting the rustler with no mods, but the same pack direct from maxamps claims that it will fit with no mods

I can only assume that maxamps has a rustler at the end of the assembly line and if the pack fits they keep it, and if it doesn't they sell it to other vendors who don't make the claim of fitment.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:43 AM
Tech Adept

I have a rustler sitting in front of me right now that is completely stock with our 3S 5000 sitting in it. It fits perfectly. I do not understand the issue. Can you maybe post a picture so I can help you figure this out. We have sold thousands of these 3S 5000 packs for the VXL setups and they all fit perfectly as far as I know.

-Austin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.