Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How about an Associated RC10-T44?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 09:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

so what is wrong if someone makes one?? IF YOU DON'T WANT ONE DON'T BUY ONE!!! Why knock down a new idea everything else is 4wd...... kinda makes sence! I bet another 5 years and basically everything we buy in RC will be 4WD.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:02 AM
Tech Master

Looks like a great thread with the one exception of an idiot who thinks he knows some racers who went to the ROAR 1/8th Scale Buggy Nats and don't like Electric.

I raced at the ROAR Electric Nats in Albuquerque, NM and I am entered for the ROAR Gas Truck Nats in Charlotte, NC. I am one of those that would love to see an Electric 4wd 1/10th scale Stadium Truck!

Like one poster mentioned earlier the Truggies or Unlimited Monster Trucks that are now called Arena Trucks started out as a conversion of an 1/8th scale Buggy until a couple of manufacturers got wise about 2 years ago and start making them! Now look at the number of Truggies out there!
Old 07-24-2007, 01:09 AM
Tech Master

The majority of new and moderately experienced racers want:
1. Tracks with big jumps and that are fast.
2. Durable cars/trucks/buggies that can survive hard crashes and keep going.
3. They want 4wd to make it easy to drive. Face 2wd is just too hard for alot racers.
4. They want maintence free and no tuning hassles that is where brushless electric systems will give them that.
5. They want lots of runtime and now you bring in the li-pos for that.

If 4wd 1/10th scale electric buggies were more durable and could handle big rutted out tracks better, that would be the choice.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Craps I am totally with you on all this. I have looked at just about every eletric R/C car on the market today. A 4wd stadium truck would blow everything away. With them you have the stability and easy driving of a truck yet you have the 4wd of a buggy and you get rid of the weak point of a buggy the ground clearance. This is why I have decided to build my own like others. Craps it is true you can get a 4wd truck for about the same price as a buggy. I was thinking about building and selling 4wd drive trucks. I could put one together that uses pretty much all production parts (except chassis) for about $300.It would be similar to a T44 because most of the parts would be from Associated.Though the problem is. Like others say there is no class for them yet and I am not sure most people would spend $300 on a roller to bash with. Though I would love to make these for people. I do realize you are talking about Mass production though. I think if a company where to take notice and see that alot of people want a 4wd truck then over time it would become a popular class. I don't see why 4wd aren't very popular. Though the class is becoming more popular and hopefully this will bring 4wd trucks into the market. I think they are the perfect vehicle and have tons of potential.I too race on a track ment for 1/8th and monsters. That takes out a 4wd or 2wd buggy. It is also a very loose track which is hard to control 2wd on. 1/8th scale conversions are becomeing more and more popular why not a 4wd truck?
Old 07-24-2007, 03:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by eds24
Craps I am totally with you on all this. I have looked at just about every eletric R/C car on the market today. A 4wd stadium truck would blow everything away. With them you have the stability and easy driving of a truck yet you have the 4wd of a buggy and you get rid of the weak point of a buggy the ground clearance. This is why I have decided to build my own like others. Craps it is true you can get a 4wd truck for about the same price as a buggy. I was thinking about building and selling 4wd drive trucks. I could put one together that uses pretty much all production parts (except chassis) for about $300.It would be similar to a T44 because most of the parts would be from Associated.Though the problem is. Like others say there is no class for them yet and I am not sure most people would spend $300 on a roller to bash with. Though I would love to make these for people. I do realize you are talking about Mass production though. I think if a company where to take notice and see that alot of people want a 4wd truck then over time it would become a popular class. I don't see why 4wd aren't very popular. Though the class is becoming more popular and hopefully this will bring 4wd trucks into the market. I think they are the perfect vehicle and have tons of potential.I too race on a track ment for 1/8th and monsters. That takes out a 4wd or 2wd buggy. It is also a very loose track which is hard to control 2wd on. 1/8th scale conversions are becomeing more and more popular why not a 4wd truck?
Exactly. You sound like you race on the same type tracks we do here. It makes perfect sense to us.
Old 07-24-2007, 05:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I had a HPI RS4MT and thought it was great. It was incredibly durable. The biggest problem was that without a center diff to tune it wasnt really any better at the track than my T4. There are at least 4 different 1/10 scale 4wd nitro trucks already out there, but there isnt much interest in racing them either. It's the same reason why everybody stopped racing monster trucks and bought truggies.

I think the future for electric 4wd trucks will be in 1/8 scale because the platform has more room to mount batteries and the center diff. I've seen a couple 1/8 conversions now and they just might be the best of both worlds.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:16 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I gotta say I have seen a few electric 1/8th converstions now and they are freakin nice!!! I think that will be my next car, you can go to youtube and there are several videos, there is one where a brushless 1/8th buggy beats all the nitro's hahahaha
Old 07-24-2007, 08:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Dunno if this will work an an embed or not....here's the URL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7c-ieY_VLc

(edit) Nope, no embed...LOL
Old 07-24-2007, 11:08 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I have seen the video of the Matrix brushless buggy. I know that is something I would like to do if it was allowed. Maybe next year.

I would say if you guys are serious about it, really speak with Dave G. Who knows, maybe MRC could release a "Conversion" kit that you basically get all the stuff needed for the conversion at a nice price. That helps them out too as it moves parts they have and can help them gauge interest making a 4wd stadium truck.

Considering the motto on the magazines is they basically excel in 4wd (something like we do just devel in it, etc) that would be really cool stuff.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:41 AM
Tech Master

The only problem with 1/8th scale conversions it takes twice the number of batteries needed, bigger more expensive ESCs and motors, the maintence cost more and the tires are more expensive compared to using the used 1/10th scale tires from 2wd and the 1/8th scales have a problem eating expensive servos fairly often unlike the 1/10th scale using the same servo for long a time. 1/8th scale buggy don't have enough room under the body to do alot either as far as cooling and batteries needed.

1/10th scale truggy will work just perfectly with 1 2S li-po battery, a regular Novak GTB ESC with either a 4.5 or 5.5 motor that I already use in my 2wd.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

We need to convince JConcepts to use the BJ4 platform and build a truck since Associated will now be mass producing the B44.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Craps
The only problem with 1/8th scale conversions it takes twice the number of batteries needed, bigger more expensive ESCs and motors, the maintence cost more and the tires are more expensive compared to using the used 1/10th scale tires from 2wd and the 1/8th scales have a problem eating expensive servos fairly often unlike the 1/10th scale using the same servo for long a time. 1/8th scale buggy don't have enough room under the body to do alot either as far as cooling and batteries needed.

1/10th scale truggy will work just perfectly with 1 2S li-po battery, a regular Novak GTB ESC with either a 4.5 or 5.5 motor that I already use in my 2wd.
Yeah but you only need to buy those LIPO batteries once, remember, you've argued about it enough. Most just use the mamba max speed controls, the cheapest of the brushless speed controls and 1/8th tires are made out of harder compounds that last longer than 1/10th tires. Most of the time 1/8th scalers blow the throttle servo (which wouldn't be needed on an electric truggy) and there is plenty of room and airflow under a 1/8th truggy body.

If money was the real issue, you would just run 2wd, its always cheaper than 4wd.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

If you guys are really that curious what a 1/10 4wd stadium truck can really do, do yourselves a favor and get one of the many currently poorly selling nitro 4wd kits out there, drop a nasty .18 OS in it, and take it to the track for some practice and then decide if you still feel like electric 4wd is the future. It will give you a clue as to how they would really perform. If you still like it that much, do a little research and convert it, and post back with some pics.

I've driven a hopped up HPI MT2 and at times, its accelleration rivaled 1/8 Scale, but it doesnt jump or hook up anything like an 1/8 scale can. And it didnt handle the ruts much better than a traditional 2wd truck.

When things are tight, and the track is nearly perfrect, they can outperform anthing, but as the tracks and jumps and ruts get bigger they have the same pitfalls as every other any 1/10 vehicle. And just because you convert to electcric doesnt mean it will create substantially more performance.

If you want to complete with 1/8 scale nitro for the RC market you are going to need to do it with an 1/8 scale type vehicle.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

How many cars held up in the 20 min main at the Roar nats? Yeah....

Electric isn't ready for 20 minute racing. Its just now starting to make a charge back up. No need to add another class and water it down even more....
Old 07-24-2007, 03:21 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Ed237
If you guys are really that curious what a 1/10 4wd stadium truck can really do, do yourselves a favor and get one of the many currently poorly selling nitro 4wd kits out there, drop a nasty .18 OS in it, and take it to the track for some practice and then decide if you still feel like electric 4wd is the future. It will give you a clue as to how they would really perform. If you still like it that much, do a little research and convert it, and post back with some pics.

I've driven a hopped up HPI MT2 and at times, its accelleration rivaled 1/8 Scale, but it doesnt jump or hook up anything like an 1/8 scale can. And it didnt handle the ruts much better than a traditional 2wd truck.

When things are tight, and the track is nearly perfrect, they can outperform anthing, but as the tracks and jumps and ruts get bigger they have the same pitfalls as every other any 1/10 vehicle. And just because you convert to electcric doesnt mean it will create substantially more performance.

If you want to complete with 1/8 scale nitro for the RC market you are going to need to do it with an 1/8 scale type vehicle.

I have a HPI MT2 18SS and a HPI electric MT and have raced both, the electric MT walks all over the MT2, it's faster in a straight line, handles better, accelerates better, jumps better.
The only real thing wrong with the electric MT is the drivetrain, it's ok but you have to baby it a bit, especially if it is really bumpy, if you could get the MT2 drivetrain into the electric MT it would be a killer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.