Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New ACADEMY 1/10 scale 2WD BUGGY

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 07:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Could anyone do me a small favor and count the number of teeth on the idler and the topshaft gears please
Old 06-17-2010, 07:49 AM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beeanner
Could anyone do me a small favor and count the number of teeth on the idler and the topshaft gears please
The idler is 28T, and the top shaft is 21t.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Thanks bud
Old 06-17-2010, 07:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by beeanner
Thanks bud
No prob.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

What esc is everyone running in there gv2, trying to find something that fits, gtb is way too big.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:26 PM
Tech Elite

The LRP spheres fit really nice,a novak havok will fit(or XBR) and of course the itty bitty tekin will fit nicely,The ez-run speedos fit without the fan,The speed passion LP's fit nicely.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Have you tried a havok? It has the same footprint as the gtb and the same wire orientation. I'm trying to find something that will fit in the chassie and not hang over the chassie or battery tray.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by moparsrule
Have you tried a havok? It has the same footprint as the gtb and the same wire orientation. I'm trying to find something that will fit in the chassie and not hang over the chassie or battery tray.
Not the havok pro.That does have the same footprint as the gtb.The standard havok, which has the same footprint as the XBR.No over hang on either side with the havok or the XBR ( Have 1 of each) Also have 2 LRP's and 2 ez-runs that we run in the academy stuff.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:47 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I run the havoc 2S in my GV2s and it fits good.

For more room though, using an RB5 body works well.

The speed passion 2.0s will fit, though its a tight one.

EZrun stuff is very tiny and fits great too. same as Tekin.
Old 07-03-2010, 12:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just a heads up- with regards to the Tekin speedos, the RS pro pushes on the factory body a bit so it doesn't seal around the chassis very nicely on one side; the RS fits nice though.
Old 07-10-2010, 04:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

GV2 + a ton of parts for sale $100

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...stuff-lol.html

BTW use the Kyosho top shaft and slipper much better setup
Old 07-29-2010, 08:53 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tony Newland
GV2 + a ton of parts for sale $100

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...stuff-lol.html

BTW use the Kyosho top shaft and slipper much better setup
Would you happen to have part numbers?
Old 08-16-2010, 10:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default new gv2

Ok guys I bought my friend a used but good condition GV2 PRO. Came with front and rear diggity shock towers and motor plate and the aluminum one. White springs and lots of spares...good deal. My first question is gearing. Im not sure what spur is in at the moment since I havent looked but what pinion would you guys generally run with a 10.5 tekin?

Also Ive owned a few 2wd buggies in the past and weight had to be aded depending on the brand, anyone running any weight in the front or rear and how much?

Also anything else in the way of durability I should know? Looks ace though, good materials and felt better in my hands than a xxx and a b4. Good quality materials. I dunno what it can do on the track and if its up to the job of racing but you all let me know.

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-16-2010, 11:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tonyv2382
Ok guys I bought my friend a used but good condition GV2 PRO. Came with front and rear diggity shock towers and motor plate and the aluminum one. White springs and lots of spares...good deal. My first question is gearing. Im not sure what spur is in at the moment since I havent looked but what pinion would you guys generally run with a 10.5 tekin?

Also Ive owned a few 2wd buggies in the past and weight had to be aded depending on the brand, anyone running any weight in the front or rear and how much?

Also anything else in the way of durability I should know? Looks ace though, good materials and felt better in my hands than a xxx and a b4. Good quality materials. I dunno what it can do on the track and if its up to the job of racing but you all let me know.

Thanks in advance!
For a 10.5 in sensored only with low or moderate boost I'd look for an FDR of around 7.8 and see where you can go from there. If you run in dual mode you could maybe gear up a tooth from there.

I've never run any weight in the rear but most guys like about a half once in the front I believe. I have half an ounce stuck on the top of my steering servo, but it would be better to mount it under the front bulkhead if you can find room.

Honestly this is one of the most bulletproof cars I have ever owned; stock up with one of each of the basic spares you'd get for any car and you should be good to go as long as the car doesn't get hammered too hard by whoever's driving it haha. It'll take a beating, but being a 2wd drive buggy it's obviously going to have its limits. Ceramic diff and thrust balls are a nice addition to improve diff longevity, but other than that you should just be able to throw it down and compete.

From a competition standpoint I have had great luck overall with this car. If you need a setup at any point in time just post up and Cain, Rooster, or myself can help you out.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brandon A
For a 10.5 in sensored only with low or moderate boost I'd look for an FDR of around 7.8 and see where you can go from there. If you run in dual mode you could maybe gear up a tooth from there.

I've never run any weight in the rear but most guys like about a half once in the front I believe. I have half an ounce stuck on the top of my steering servo, but it would be better to mount it under the front bulkhead if you can find room.

Honestly this is one of the most bulletproof cars I have ever owned; stock up with one of each of the basic spares you'd get for any car and you should be good to go as long as the car doesn't get hammered too hard by whoever's driving it haha. It'll take a beating, but being a 2wd drive buggy it's obviously going to have its limits. Ceramic diff and thrust balls are a nice addition to improve diff longevity, but other than that you should just be able to throw it down and compete.

From a competition standpoint I have had great luck overall with this car. If you need a setup at any point in time just post up and Cain, Rooster, or myself can help you out.
Awesome good to know bro. Ya a starting setup would be good. Mostly in the way of oils and shock/roll center positioning. Its going to be run mainly on an indoor hard packed track. Ive had issues with steering in other 2wd's so a good starting point would be nice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.