Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Wow I feel lucky for once in the world of R/C! >

Wow I feel lucky for once in the world of R/C!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wow I feel lucky for once in the world of R/C!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default Wow I feel lucky for once in the world of R/C!

I feel very lucky right now! I was at this party and I went to the basement to hang and I saw a Rc10 buggy box. I open it and a few parts are there. I go up as the owner of the house (freind of my dads) If he knows where his R/C car is. He takes me down shows me a box. And asks if i want it. I couldn't refuse. The box ended up with a rc10we mint condition with esc,radio,servo,motor , and traxxas hawk 2 with esc ,servo,radio,motor , a nikko brat , 5 nicd packs , 2 9.6 packs for the brat and charger, along with some spares! All that for free! I am thinking about selling them... what do you think I could get out of them? If I don't sell them what should I do with them?

peace Ethan

Old 05-13-2007, 07:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I think if you sell them you should give the guy half the money. Yes, he gave them to you. But did he give them to you thinking you would use them, or just toss em up on ebay. I don't sell or give stuff to friends just for these reasons. Somebody bugs me to buy something, and for a good deal no less, then turns around and sells it for more.

That ae buggy is sweet. Make a very nice shelf queen.
Old 05-13-2007, 07:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Take that Gold Tub and put it in a Glass Case, then stare at it! Hear that sound?... Them are RC Angels Singing...
Old 05-13-2007, 07:18 PM
Tech Master

Yea it feels abit wrong selling them. What else would I do with them?If i keep them I want to run them. I am just positive that they will break sooner or later and I will have a hard time finding parts. They aren't really cars that I want to put alot of money into either.
Old 05-13-2007, 07:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

i have a few a-arms for the buggy (2 front, 2 rear). lmk if ya want them. $4.50 shipped using paypal and there all yours.
Old 05-13-2007, 07:44 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jbrow1
I think if you sell them you should give the guy half the money. Yes, he gave them to you. But did he give them to you thinking you would use them, or just toss em up on ebay. I don't sell or give stuff to friends just for these reasons. Somebody bugs me to buy something, and for a good deal no less, then turns around and sells it for more.

That ae buggy is sweet. Make a very nice shelf queen.
I agree 100% I do like the other one however, looks neat
Old 05-13-2007, 08:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I think you can do what ever you want with the truck and the nikko car.. But the rc10 buggy is a colectors item and its worth a pretty penny!!!!!
Old 05-13-2007, 08:16 PM
Tech Master

yea the guy made me make one promise and that was just to invite his son over to hang out and drive R/C cars. He didn't say anything about not selling them.But it still seems wrong. I am thinking maybe if I where to spend all the money on R/C then it would make it a lil more right. But idk.haha I got offered a totally hop-uped pede for them and its very tempting
Old 05-13-2007, 09:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

If you trade that RC10 for a hopped up stampede you need your head examined!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
Old 05-13-2007, 09:18 PM
Tech Master

How much do you guys think I could get for them then? Peace Ethan
Old 05-13-2007, 09:38 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Put the associated in the glass at the track for all to see for awhile. (Gold one)

Give'm away or what not.
Have fun with them like you wouldn't with your racer.
Share'm with the kids in the neighborhood.
Let'm take turns running them.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

The RC10 is not a valuable car actually its the newer stealth equipped econo buggy they made in the mid 90s however that being said it still would make a nice piece for a collection and could someday be of value. The Hawk2 is pretty vintage but in good shape. I would get it running with a silver can make it nice and slow, have the guys kid over and let him run it. Then give it to him. This way you get a RC10 and a new RC buddy.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:40 PM
Tech Master

Well I need money so I have decided to sell the Hawk if anybody is interested or want to make offers please look at my thread or pm me thanks peace Ethan
Old 05-20-2007, 11:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (79%+)

must be nice...
Old 05-21-2007, 05:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Even though he is a friend or yours dad, His dad must be some what of a friend of yours, to give you all of those cars. There is a lot of time and money invested in what he gave you. And though it was back in the day, there is well over $1200 worth of stuff there. That is when he bought it new.

If he wanted to just "get rid" of those cars he could have had his son sell them on ebay. He is probally wanting to re enjoy the cars watching you use them.

If I gave you that much stuff, just to watch you sell it and keep my money, I would be PISSED - and your friend would probally be pissed too because of what you did to his dad.

Just my .02

If you need the money that bad, get a part time job or pick up a couple of hours extra at work. Its not worth the possibility of damaging a friend ship or buring a bridge for a couple of bucks.

If the cars are buring a hole in your pocket that bad - give them back, it didnt cost you anything.
Believe me its not worth it.