Search
Like Tree1Likes

Electric 1/8th Scale conversion kits.

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 03:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dal
anyone have problems with the tekin rx8?
I have 2, first one, went after about 15 runs, not blown, just circuit board faild, then the 2nd one went on the 2nd battery pack same prob, now the first one has gone again, after being fixed under warranty, and only 4 battery packs.
Anyone know how to fix it, or is it just the mad offroad 1/8th abuse?
The killer of most esc's is either heat or shock! So if your temps are good and you are running a double layer of good servo tape under the esc and all solider joints are solid it has to be just bad esc's themselves! I may just be one of the lucky ones, but I am still running my original, going on 3yrs old MMM. I bought two, one for backup. The backup is collecting dust in my pit box. Before all the Tekin people get their nickers in a twist.... I am not saying that CC is better, just stating my experience!
Old 04-12-2010, 06:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I still have an original MMM V1 and an original RX8, they have been run every weekend + since they were released and I have had no issues.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

1st I bought a MMM/2200 combo, didnt like the feel of it in buggy so I sold it. Now I have a RX8/2050 combo and love it. I have the fear of it failing somewhere in the future and keep spare everything. I wanted another sensored esc for a spare so I ended up buying a Xerun 80 amp. I havent needed it yet but they have awesome reviews, I really want to try it out. For $80 too why not. I was torn between that and the MMpro, it was the extra $50 that sold me on the HW. I hope my RX8 is 1 of the issue-less ones. LOL
Old 04-12-2010, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

could someone pm about the best xray 808 conversion thanks
Old 04-13-2010, 03:25 AM
Dal
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey Shizzzle, I just ordered one of those " best esc in china" esc's, wow, so cheap, I hope it lasts longer than the tekin.
If my tekin is not covered by warranty, which i think it should be, I wont repair it.
I got the first state title in Australia to win. LOL
Old 04-13-2010, 04:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

My best bud runs the Hobbywing Xerun 150 and loves it! The thing has ran flawless and he still has his original Hobbywing 150 (Frankenstein) in perfect working order, and the boy don't know how to go slow LOL! So who the heck knows what will hold up or not
Old 04-13-2010, 05:17 AM
Tech Master

Default Here you go......

Originally Posted by cyclone x
could someone pm about the best xray 808 conversion thanks
Honestly, I like the Monster center diff motor mount (it is very light and keeps the split diff feature) and the Losi Battery tray. These trays are readily available on most shop walls and they require two holes to be drilled in the chassis. I use 3 holes at 4mm and have not had one let go yet.

On the monster mount I opened the mount holes to 4mm for bolting the motor up.

For motors i run the Losi 2100kv for inside small tracks and run 2400kv for outside big tracks.
3S Turnigy or Flightmax packs at 30+C 5000 mah.
For the mains 5800 30C packs.

I run the Mamba Max Pro.
This car is 8 grams from the weight of my nitro car without fuel or a transponder.
TEX
Old 04-13-2010, 12:38 PM
Tech Adept

hi guys,talkin about esc,s my mamba monster esc set on fire on 1st battery run.nearly lost my hyper 9e,new one under warranty been sent out this week,thankfully.not sure what caused it,dont even know if the fan came on or not?will be very wary with new one,just bought a new temp gun,anyone know a safe running temp for the esc?
Old 04-13-2010, 01:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dal
Hey Shizzzle, I just ordered one of those " best esc in china" esc's, wow, so cheap, I hope it lasts longer than the tekin.
If my tekin is not covered by warranty, which i think it should be, I wont repair it.
I got the first state title in Australia to win. LOL
I am in the same boat with a Tekin RX8. Burnt up after 5 runs, sent in for warranty, if they don't replace it for free, I will never buy another product of theirs ever again.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:37 PM
Tech Adept

what caused your tekin to burn up?
Old 04-13-2010, 02:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

What steering servos do you guys recommend for a D8T conversion? Don't really want to break the bank, but would prefer something reliable.

ben
Old 04-13-2010, 03:06 PM
Tech Master

Lots of pages here. Can someone tell me what the battery and general rules are in USA for 1/8 buggy in ROAR and for RC Pro Series? This will determine what I run.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

Originally Posted by INFERN0
Lots of pages here. Can someone tell me what the battery and general rules are in USA for 1/8 buggy in ROAR and for RC Pro Series? This will determine what I run.
http://www.roarracing.com/downloads/..._Rule_Book.pdf
Old 04-13-2010, 03:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

RC Pro Series Rules

1/8 Electric Buggy

Minimum track width - continuous 10 feet

Maximum Buggy length – 28.74in. (730mm)
Maximum Buggy width – 12.20in. (310mm)
Maximum Buggy height – 9.84in. (250mm)
Buggy wheel base - Minimum – 10.8in. (270mm) Maximum – 13.2in. (330mm)
Minimum weight - 112.88 ounces (3.2 kilos) 7lbs .05 oz.

Wheel diameter - Minimum – 3.2in. (81.28) Maximum – 3.54in. (90.0mm)

Wheel mounting - Must be securely mounted at all times.
Maximum wheel width – 1.98in.(50.45mm)
Tire diameter - Minimum - 4.3in.(109.22mm) Maximum - 4.7in.(119.38mm)
Maximum tire width – 2.03in.(51.59mm)

Motor – Brushless no limitation. Sensored or sensorless.

Batteries – 3S, 4S, 5S or 6S lipo. No MAH limit. Batteries must be in good physical shape no cut, damaged or swollen pack allowed. Hard cases not required. Batteries must be secured properly in the vehicle, strapped or clamped into place before the event begins.

Charging – Batteries MUST be charged in a charging sack specifically designed and marketed for the purpose of charging lipos or charged in the vehicle.LiFePO4 packs are legal based on the 3.3v per cell technology. Voltage per cell must not exceed the common voltage per cell of an equal LiPo cell. This allows that technology for these cells may increase voltage at some point.

Transmission - 1 speed only
Rear suspension - Independent
Bodies - Buggy or other off-road style body that resembles an actual off-road racing vehicle
Tires - Rubber only

Main events – Triple A Mains @ 10minutes. Lower mains 10 minutes

Notes - Maximum height is measured with suspension fully compressed.
Electric buggies may not run with the Nitro buggies.

Arena Truck (electric) State Series option class

Scale -1/8
Description:
Any Monster Truck that does not 100% meet the MONSTER TRUCK specifications while still meeting the below guidelines will run in the Arena Truck Class.

Minimum track width - - - - - - - - - - - - - Continuous 10 feet (same as 8th scales)
Wheel base - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Minimum 12 inches
Wheelbase -------------------------------------- Maximum 16 inches
Vehicle width maximum ---------- outside tire to outside tire ----------- 18 inches
Transmission/diff - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Single speed direct drive (1/8 buggy) style driveline only.

Motor – Brushless no limitation. Sensored or sensorless.

Batteries – 3S, 4S, 5S or 6S lipo. No MAH limit. Batteries must be in good physical shape no cut, damaged or swollen pack allowed. Hard cases not required. Batteries must be secured properly in the vehicle, strapped or clamped into place before the event begins.

Charging – Batteries MUST be charged in a charging sack specifically designed and marketed for the purpose of charging lipos or charged in the vehicle.LiFePO4 packs are legal based on the 3.3v per cell technology. Voltage per cell must not exceed the common voltage per cell of an equal LiPo cell. This allows that technology for these cells may increase voltage at some point.
Minimum weight - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 8lbs. 6 oz. minimum weight

Bodies - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Truck or SUV (no buggy or car bodies allowed )
Bumpers - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Bumpers are optional. If used, must not extend further than 1" past the body on the front and rear.
Rear Spoiler/Wing - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - A spoiler/wing is optional.
Skid Plates - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Skid Plates must not extend further than 1" past the body on the front and rear.
Wheels --------------------------------------------- Must be manufactured for Monster Trucks/Arena Trucks.
Wheel Mounting -------------------------------- Wheel mounting - Must be securely mounted at all times.
Tires - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Must be rubber only. No tires created for other vehicle types even if they fit the specifications will be allowed. Cutting or modifying the tread is allowed. Modifying the tire carcass by sectioning or narrowing is prohibited. Due to the varying sizes of wheels available for Monster Trucks it IS legal to trim the mounting bead of a tire produced for the Monster Truck class to make it fit a Monster Truck rim. Example - Bowtie on a REVO wheel. All tire measurements reference the carcass dimensions and does not include the tread depth or width.
Tire diameter- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Minimum - 4.55" (mounted)
Tire width - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Minimum – 2.20"(mounted)

The new LPR wheels and tires are legal.
The Panther LP is referenced for this size and will be the absolute smallest tire legal.

Race lengths- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Main events – Triple A Mains @ 10minutes. Lower mains 10 minutes.

NOTES:
Electric Arena Trucks may not run with the Nitro Arena Trucks.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

nice one dal
im sure the new HW 150 will hold up , im yet to pund mine tho, i received my order of magic KYOSHO GYRO GELL today , happy days now im actually running it unsensored with a tekin 2050kv as there wasnt enugh room ive read they run fine unsencored
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ng-Gel-1-Sheet

its about 6-7mm thick and really gelly its fookin sic stuff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.