Old 03-19-2009, 02:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

nothing wrong with integy
Old 03-19-2009, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Edumakated
Integy is garbage though, so you get what you pay for. I honestly haven't bought any GH stuff before, but I know for fact Integy stuff is complete trash and only good for making shelf queen cars look good. Integy's business plan is selling shitty aluminum parts to newbies. No one buys from integy more than once. That I know...

+1
Old 03-19-2009, 03:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PDM
Need help.

I am working on a RXay XB 808 conversion with 4s Lipo, thinking on the MMM combo with the 2650KV motor.

What should be the size of the pinion to use?

The nitro guys use at the same track and the XB 808 a 15T pinion.
Start with a 13T pinion. That should be pretty close to nitro top speeds, but way more acceleration. For a very large track you might want to go with 14T.

Integy is garbage though, so you get what you pay for. I honestly haven't bought any GH stuff before, but I know for fact Integy stuff is complete trash and only good for making shelf queen cars look good. Integy's business plan is selling shitty aluminum parts to newbies. No one buys from integy more than once. That I know...
Originally Posted by badassrevo
+1
+2
Old 03-19-2009, 04:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Originally Posted by jhautz
Start with a 13T pinion. That should be pretty close to nitro top speeds, but way more acceleration. For a very large track you might want to go with 14T.

+2
+3
Plus are KNOWN for steeling other designs and making them crappy!
Old 03-19-2009, 04:30 PM
Tech Regular

The RC hop-up industry baffles me a bit. It's more akin to the Jewellery industry than RC. "Not that there's anything wrong with that".
Old 03-19-2009, 05:13 PM
rhino420

geeze im glad i dont work for integy !! i would shoot myself after hearing all this ha-ha. how bad could it possible be ? they are center diff housings how much abuse do they take?

Old 03-19-2009, 05:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rhino420
geeze im glad i dont work for integy !! i would shoot myself after hearing all this ha-ha. how bad could it possible be ? they are center diff housings how much abuse do they take?
All I know is that their products are garbage and quite frankly, I don't think they care. I have bought several items from them an each bent or broke within five minutes of putting it on my car.

The center diff would probably hold up since it isn't subject to forces like arms and other parts, but I have just learned that there is a reason King Headz type stuff sells at a premium over Integy. Anyone that has been in this hobby more than 10 minutes generally will tell you to run, not walk from most integy products. Like I said, they don't seem to care since they aren't particularly looking for repeat business.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

All I know is that their products are garbage and quite frankly, I don't think they care. I have bought several items from them an each bent or broke within five minutes of putting it on my car.

The center diff would probably hold up since it isn't subject to forces like arms and other parts, but I have just learned that there is a reason King Headz type stuff sells at a premium over Integy. Anyone that has been in this hobby more than 10 minutes generally will tell you to run, not walk from most integy products. Like I said, they don't seem to care since they aren't particularly looking for repeat business.

I think its just recently, because I have a set of integy hex drivers from 2002 and they were what everyone had back then, and i still have the same tips in from that long ago.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 119 (99%+)

i had a full integy t-maxx, it was tough as hell, bulkheads/shock towers/chassis braces/other parts, it did many tumbles and came out fine, any part will bend/break going into a curb at 40+ lol
Old 03-19-2009, 06:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Yeah, those integy tools are good. Mine are super old. But, that's the only thing I've ever bought from them too.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Way off topic but I just ordered a set of Team AE hex drivers today, I checked out the Integy drivers but in the end none of the big hobby shops I usually ordered from carried their replacement tips, but everyone had AE. Sometimes saving money up front can end up costing you more down the road.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:49 PM
Sylvéris

Default Xcelorin 1/8 ESC LVC doesn't stop the motor alim ?

Hi, I have a Xcelorin ESC on my RC8 and I use 2x2S Lipos ! I have set the Low voltage cut off to 13,2 V with the Losi software. But I'm very surprised to learn in the manual that the ESC has just one led blinking when the Low Voltage Cut off is reached ! The ESC doesn't stop the motor alim, and you can damage your Lipos. I have seen the power down after 25 minutes and stop to run, because with the body I haven't seen the led blinking. I have test my 2S with my balancer and found one cell with 2.98 V !!! Is it normal that ESC doesn't stop the motor alim after the LVC reached ?
Thanks

Old 03-19-2009, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Since there are 525 pages here does anyone know if there is a conversion for the Jammin X2 Pro Buggy???????????????
Old 03-19-2009, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sylvéris
Hi, I have a Xcelorin ESC on my RC8 and I use 2x2S Lipos ! I have set the Low voltage cut off to 13,2 V with the Losi software. But I'm very surprised to learn in the manual that the ESC has just one led blinking when the Low Voltage Cut off is reached ! The ESC doesn't stop the motor alim, and you can damage your Lipos. I have seen the power down after 25 minutes and stop to run, because with the body I haven't seen the led blinking. I have test my 2S with my balancer and found one cell with 2.98 V !!! Is it normal that ESC doesn't stop the motor alim after the LVC reached ?
Thanks
Go to the Losi website and download the update for the software and the new firmware and you should be golden!
Old 03-19-2009, 07:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Qmartin
Since there are 525 pages here does anyone know if there is a conversion for the Jammin X2 Pro Buggy???????????????
http://www.rcproductdesigns.com/Jammin%20index.htm

Novak makes one but you will want to check out RC-Monster and Tekno RC.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.