Search
Like Tree387Likes

JConcepts Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

That hauler bag looks perfect!

Any suggestions on how to go about cutting out the vents on the back of the Raptor body, and not totally molest it?
Old 09-07-2011, 09:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J_P
The Barcodes V2's are ready to go.
The Hi-Flow SCT body will be shipping next week.
Thanks JP!
Old 09-07-2011, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

ok guys need some help
jconcpets has way to many 2 wheel fronts out in ribs what the diffrance in each one.
rounder
rips
groovy

what foams are you guys running in blue bar codes.

and on the track what does the v2 bar code do better then the v1
Old 09-07-2011, 01:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by porkchop
ok guys need some help
jconcpets has way to many 2 wheel fronts out in ribs what the diffrance in each one.
rounder
rips
groovy

Groovy is my tire of choice and gives the most steering, Rips are for when you need a little less steering. I have yet to use Rounders. For the foams in blue Barcodes, AKA or Proline closed cells work great, the JC closed cells are a little too firm. I prefer the V2's on the track.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:06 PM
Tech Regular

Who has the V2s in stock?
Old 09-07-2011, 03:31 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by kstoracing1
Who has the V2s in stock?
Amain has the V2's in blue and green compound.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)
Thumbs up response on tires

Originally Posted by djs101
I purchased a set of Goose Bumps a couple weeks back and went to the track to do some testing yesterday. Ran my usually setup and tires to get a base line to work from, put on the Goose bumps and back out to get results on handling. After the first battery made a shock adjustment but didn't notice any problems with the tires (didn't expect any so I admitt I didn't do an inspection). Second battery in and now making full throttle runs and working on faster laps. About half way through the battery I come down the front straight and hear this awful noise coming from my truck. Some one yells "you're blowing the tire off the rim". Upon inspection the photo shows what I found on one of the tires. A second tire had came loose from the rim and upon inspection I found it had glue in only 1 spot about 1/4" long on the outside, inside seemed to be glued around the entire rim. I don't understand how this got through quality, nor do I understand why the tire's rubber appears to be breaking apart. Can someone please explain this to me? Is this what I can expect when I buy these tires?
I did recieve a response from Jconcepts about the tire problem I had. After a couple of emails & photos they sent me two unmounted tires.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:26 PM
Tech Regular

Just be careful with their serrated nuts. I've ruined two rims messing around with them. They keep backing off and letting the rims spin. Had to cut a new set of Calibers and now may have to cut a set of flip outs, my favorite tires BTW.

Be sure to use loc tite even though it's supposed to be a lock nut. LOL
Old 09-07-2011, 06:34 PM
Tech Champion

Are the Double Dee's undergoing an update? They have been out of stock for a while.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:21 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jmuck69
Are the Double Dee's undergoing an update? They have been out of stock for a while.
No update - Basically all the DD's were used for the IFMAR Worlds in Finland and it's taking us a while to rebuild stock.

Just be careful with their serrated nuts. I've ruined two rims messing around with them. They keep backing off and letting the rims spin. Had to cut a new set of Calibers and now may have to cut a set of flip outs, my favorite tires BTW.

Be sure to use loc tite even though it's supposed to be a lock nut. LOL
The latest batch of wheel nuts have been updated . I actually have to use a T-handle now to get them off.

rounder
rips
groovy

It all depends on your surface:
Rounders = Max steering on smooth/clean surfaces (grooved). Has to much steering 99% of the time and I don't even carry a set to the track.
Rips = Best overall feel of steering balance on most conditions.
Groovy's = Aggressive steering on most conditions.

Most tracks we still run the stock foam in Blue/Green Bar Codes. The JC "closed-cell" inserts are updated to a softer material and we do run those on smooth/grooved surfaces.

I feel the V2 has slightly more cornerspeed, but not quite as safe feeling to drive.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:33 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CraigMBA
That hauler bag looks perfect!

Any suggestions on how to go about cutting out the vents on the back of the Raptor body, and not totally molest it?
I use a body reamer and put a small hole on each end of the louver. Then use a cut-off wheel to cut from hole to hole.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:03 AM
Tech Regular

The latest batch of wheel nuts have been updated . I actually have to use a T-handle now to get them off.

Well, that sucks for me....2 wheel sets later...lol.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

To JConcepts - I would love to see the new SCTE Rulux wheels in white as well as black.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:13 PM
Tech Adept

just want to ask when will the new jconcepts b4 front and rear dish 12mm hex wheels will be out and in stock?
Old 09-08-2011, 12:16 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ANiznik
just want to ask when will the new jconcepts b4 front and rear dish 12mm hex wheels will be out and in stock?
+1!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.