Search
Like Tree387Likes

JConcepts Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 11:25 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mxracer458
If your running sdrc you need a soft tire,golds are to hard and I've never got them to work out there,i use ions in soft only because i can't get a hold of any dirt webs yet. Ive used sticky kicks and something else i can't disclose for tire sauce and the tires were hooked up,i would get some soft dirt webs when they come out
blvdbuzzard....Sounds like Blue and or Green Dirt Webs might be the way to go. If you google "JConcepts 3076-01" or "JConcepts 3076-02"; you will found many retailers now have Dirt Webs instock .
Old 04-15-2014, 02:53 PM
clw
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by PW
Unfortunately racing in Florida and especially south FL during the summer is extremely aggressive on tires. Just about every tire that performs well is going to wear very quickly (2 to 3 runs max). We don't run them very often, but Hybrids are probably the best wearing tires for the rear. That might be a great option in blue compound.
What front tire would you suggest to balance with a Hybrid blue? Bar or rib style? Was thinking of starting with blue V1 BarCodes.

I ordered a pair of the Hybrids to try.

Under what conditions would you opt for the V2 BarCode over the V1?

Thanks
Old 04-16-2014, 05:44 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by clw
What front tire would you suggest to balance with a Hybrid blue? Bar or rib style? Was thinking of starting with blue V1 BarCodes.

I ordered a pair of the Hybrids to try.

Under what conditions would you opt for the V2 BarCode over the V1?

Thanks
I normally always start out with green Rips on the front and then go to blue bar codes as the bite comes up.

When the track is really grooved/high bite I prefer the V2's. The V1's seem to be better when the track is hard packed, but the groove is still small.

Congratulations for JConcepts new Dirt Webs.

IMO

They are the biggest improvement in tires made in many years.

With the competition bringing their new shoes to the market these Dirt Webs are making them go back to the development dept.

kudos to BK and his latest efforts.
Agreed! BK and Jason knocked it out of the park on these These tires have been like cheating
Old 04-16-2014, 06:34 AM
clw
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by PW
I normally always start out with green Rips on the front and then go to blue bar codes as the bite comes up.

When the track is really grooved/high bite I prefer the V2's. The V1's seem to be better when the track is hard packed, but the groove is still small.
Thanks, got the front tire progression.

Rears: DD's, V1 bar codes, then V2 when it's really grooved.

Where do 3D's and the new DirtWebs fit in?

Dirt bike tires are much easier to figure out!
Old 04-16-2014, 07:33 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by clw
Thanks, got the front tire progression.

Rears: DD's, V1 bar codes, then V2 when it's really grooved.

Where do 3D's and the new DirtWebs fit in?

Dirt bike tires are much easier to figure out!
Dirt Webs would also be for grooved surfaces.

3D's seem to be very versatile and work "well" in most conditions, but maybe not the best for any particular surface. Hope that makes sense
Old 04-16-2014, 08:05 AM
Tech Adept

I have only the one set of Bar Codes. When I get there today, I will see if they have any of the Dirt Webs in stock.

It is amazing how a very small amount of water on the SDRC track changes how the tires grab. After they rebuilt the track, it was velcro to wet ice. I am curious to see how the track is today, just over a week on the new track.

Buzz.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:42 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by blvdbuzzard
I have only the one set of Bar Codes. When I get there today, I will see if they have any of the Dirt Webs in stock.

It is amazing how a very small amount of water on the SDRC track changes how the tires grab. After they rebuilt the track, it was velcro to wet ice. I am curious to see how the track is today, just over a week on the new track.

Buzz.
I would think the track should be much better now. A green track is always inconsistent.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I saw that the Serpent Spyder MM body was announced today. Is there an ETA on the RM version?
Old 04-16-2014, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PW
Dirt Webs would also be for grooved surfaces.

3D's seem to be very versatile and work "well" in most conditions, but maybe not the best for any particular surface. Hope that makes sense
I've found that when 3D's and DD's begin to lose traction or bite, Splitters are perfect!

Those little nobs are so robust the tire bites on the loosest of surfaces. It's what I used for round 2 of the JConcepts Winter series at Coral Springs. Both my cars hooked up well, even though in 2WD mod my driving stunk up the joint and I got clipped nasty in 4WD.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:32 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Csaari77
I saw that the Serpent Spyder MM body was announced today. Is there an ETA on the RM version?
Working on it now; should hit shelves by the end of the month or the standard industry answer of 2 weeks
Old 04-17-2014, 12:33 PM
Tech Adept

Are there going to be any dirt webs for an SC truck? I can only find them for buggies?

Buzz,
Old 04-17-2014, 12:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Are there going to be any dirt webs for an SC truck? I can only find them for buggies?

Buzz,
They exist...but not available for public consumption as of right now to my knowledge. Paul will have to let you know a time table for release.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:54 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Buzz,
Like Matt mentioned, we have some samples that some of the team drivers have been testing, but I don't have an ETA right now.

If you check out some of our Cactus Classic coverage (video) you may bump into them...
Old 04-17-2014, 01:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I know this thread is mostly used for 1/10th type discussions as far as tires go, but, I just wanted to jump on say how impressed I am with the 1/8th scale tires that I have been running. I've been running mainly Stackers, Black Jackets and Hybrids all in blue and green compound and have seen very minimal wear over the past month and a half of running them almost every weekend. Couldn't be happier with the switch!

Thanks guys!

TK
Old 04-17-2014, 01:38 PM
Tech Adept

Start the dramatic music

I will volunteer for the one way mission that is testing the SC Dirt Webs. I know it will be a parlous mission to under take. I know it will be filled with lots of finger pulling and wheel spinning and flying dirt, well clay in my case, for hours on end. I may even get blisters on my throttle finger from the long hours of testing. I will use the entire out put of the power company charging my batteries to continue the testing to the fullest. May my untimely demise help those that come after me.

It is a sacrifice I am willing to commit to to help others. That is the kind of guy I am.

Now lots of explosion sounds.

End of trailer.

Buzz.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.