Like Tree387Likes

JConcepts Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 10:27 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Aaron(W-W), check with MooCow at Trackside. He runs a Tamiya and can fill you in on what you need to do.

Paul, it was stated "the heat of the day required a change for A2, Ryan switched to Orange Compound Double Dees in the front" at the 15th Annual Hot Rod Hobbies race for SC. What did the heat do to the track to justify this change?
Old 08-08-2012, 10:45 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kraig
Aaron(W-W), check with MooCow at Trackside. He runs a Tamiya and can fill you in on what you need to do.

Paul, it was stated "the heat of the day required a change for A2, Ryan switched to Orange Compound Double Dees in the front" at the 15th Annual Hot Rod Hobbies race for SC. What did the heat do to the track to justify this change?
The traction goes up and the truck gets really twitchy, so switching to DD fronts helps tame the steering down a little (SCT).
Old 08-08-2012, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kraig
Yep I know, he is the reason I bought the Tamiya 201. He also helped me build it to his setup. I was just too lazy to send him a text message I guess.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Old 08-08-2012, 04:51 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wicked-Wayz
Thanks for the info, do any of the other 1/10th rims work? Do I have to do anything to the rears to work?

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Perhaps that is a question best asked in, I don't know, maybe the TRF201 thread?
Old 08-08-2012, 07:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Just picked up a pair of JConcepts Double Dee's to replace some worn down Holeshots.

The guy at the shop advised they would work in similar conditions, just wondering if the was full of BS.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cloaked
Just picked up a pair of JConcepts Double Dee's to replace some worn down Holeshots.

The guy at the shop advised they would work in similar conditions, just wondering if the was full of BS.
Nope...They should be even better than your old holeshots
Old 08-08-2012, 09:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
Nope...They should be even better than your old holeshots
HUZZAH!!! Guess Ill find out tomorrow.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:44 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Cloaked

Oh I don't know. I mean look at the double dees, and then look at the hole shots. They look so dissimilar (dissimilar means different) to one another that there is no way they would work in anything close to the same conditions. In case you couldn't tell, I was being sarcastic. I mean really? I guarantee that if you closed your eyes and had a friend of yours hand you a DD and a HS (both tires for the same type of vehicle, with the same foams and glued to a rim) that you would have a very very difficult time telling the difference between the two. I could see if the tread patterns were way different, but they are so close to the same thing, that one would have to be a dunderhead to think that they would not work in a similar manner, in the same conditions. I say again, really?
Old 08-10-2012, 12:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by R.Shackleford
Blah blah blah Im a smart arse, blah blah blah.?
No actually they dont look that similar to me, and as its only my second set of Rear Buggy tyres I thought I would ask.

Thanks to everyone who gave a helpful answer.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:13 AM
Tech Master

Oh I don't know. I mean look at the double dees, and then look at the hole shots. They look so dissimilar (dissimilar means different) to one another that there is no way they would work in anything close to the same conditions. In case you couldn't tell, I was being sarcastic. I mean really? I guarantee that if you closed your eyes and had a friend of yours hand you a DD and a HS (both tires for the same type of vehicle, with the same foams and glued to a rim) that you would have a very very difficult time telling the difference between the two. I could see if the tread patterns were way different, but they are so close to the same thing, that one would have to be a dunderhead to think that they would not work in a similar manner, in the same conditions. I say again, really?
Do you feel better now? I see no reason for that response.

I have run both tires before and could never get a set of Hole Shots to hook up but love the DDs, so yes they are different
Old 08-10-2012, 01:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tradin Paint

I have run both tires before and could never get a set of Hole Shots to hook up but love the DDs, so yes they are different
Thats his typical condescending response.
Old 08-10-2012, 06:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M3Man03
Any details on a anti-roll kit for the SC10 that I saw in my RC Car Action? Can't seem to find any info.
What issue did you see that in?
Old 08-10-2012, 07:10 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Tradin Paint

What foam were you running in the Hole Shots? What foam were you running in the DD'S? Have you ever run them back to back (same day, same track conditions)?
Old 08-10-2012, 07:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

What foam were you running in the Hole Shots? What foam were you running in the DD'S? Have you ever run them back to back (same day, same track conditions)?
I've used both back to back with the same foams. They are very different. From the spacing of the lugs to the length of the lugs. Some track conditions demand a shorter lug. The tires are different. Are they similar? Yes. But they behave differently on the track. I prefer DD's.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Odin544
I've used both back to back with the same foams. They are very different. From the spacing of the lugs to the length of the lugs. Some track conditions demand a shorter lug. The tires are different. Are they similar? Yes. But they behave differently on the track. I prefer DD's.
+1

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.