Like Tree387Likes

JConcepts Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 06:00 PM
Tech Initiate

edit: double post
Old 08-01-2012, 06:00 PM
Tech Initiate

are these the inserts that come with SC tires?

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Insert-Firm-2

One set of tires I got from JC for Short course seemed to have a lighter shade of blue inserts are they different?
Old 08-02-2012, 05:44 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RCJesus
are these the inserts that come with SC tires?

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Insert-Firm-2

One set of tires I got from JC for Short course seemed to have a lighter shade of blue inserts are they different?
Yes, they are "closed cell' blue inserts. Originally the tires came with a molded insert that was a lighter color, but that was over a year ago.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

What screw is everyone switching to on the SC10 clamping hex's? Just got them and didn't even snug up the screw and its stripped. Anyone tried 2mm screw or longer?
Old 08-05-2012, 09:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

What tire would give the closest handling characteristics to the ifmar pins for 4wd buggy? The track I runs tire of choice is ifmar pins for 2wd buggy, but the tire is no longer made for the front, and since I just started racing 4wd buggy, I'm trying to figurebuot what to run. I tried holeshot 2.0 front and rear, but they lacked some side bite, so would goosbumps be a step in the right direction, or would you recommend something else?

The track is hard packed sand/dirt with dust, and is very slick when dry. It gets watered between heats and then is pretty tacky, but develops a good bit of loam in the corners, then drys out and is even looser, and suggestions would be great.

Last edited by symmetricon; 08-05-2012 at 09:31 PM.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by symmetricon
What tire would give the closest handling characteristics to the ifmar pins for 4wd buggy? The track I runs tire of choice is ifmar pins for 2wd buggy, but the tire is no longer made for the front, and since I just started racing 4wd buggy, I'm trying to figurebuot what to run. I tried holeshot 2.0 front and rear, but they lacked some side bite, so would goosbumps be a step in the right direction, or would you recommend something else?

The track is hard packed sand/dirt with dust, and is very slick when dry. It gets watered between heats and then is pretty tacky, but develops a good bit of loam in the corners, then drys out and is even looser, and suggestions would be great.
Try the JC Flip Outs. They are my 'go to' tyre in the looser conditions. Their pin size is similar to IFMAR pins but with additional bars for forward traction.

Ray
Old 08-06-2012, 03:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Does anyone have a picture of the new jconcepts sway bar installed on a Sc10?
Old 08-06-2012, 03:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dizzy1
What screw is everyone switching to on the SC10 clamping hex's? Just got them and didn't even snug up the screw and its stripped. Anyone tried 2mm screw or longer?
I used a 2mm longer strew from the get go. I think Im using ofna 2x6mm screws on them to be exact. Works great
Old 08-06-2012, 04:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

What were the new front tires that Maifield was running at the Shootout? They looked liked a Pressure Points variation.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:06 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dizzy1
Like Samuelson post; the 6mm length screw works well. We are currently in the process of converting ours from 5mm to 6mm.

Ray is spot on; the Flipouts would be the way to go - Click Here

What were the new front tires that Maifield was running at the Shootout? They looked liked a Pressure Points variation.
It was a hand-cut tire for testing purposes only. Maifield and winner Steven Hartson used standard orange Bar Codes in the mains.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Hey Paul,

What tire/compound is going to be good at the Clash for buggy, stadium truck and SC?
Old 08-06-2012, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Thanks guys, I will try them out!
Old 08-06-2012, 10:13 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jonathan Paulk
Hey Paul,

What tire/compound is going to be good at the Clash for buggy, stadium truck and SC?
I'm thinking Bar Codes front and rear on buggy and truck and either Bar Codes or Pressure Points for SCT. Green or Blue rear and maybe orange front.

During the nitro race last month it was super grooved up, but they didn't sweep/clean the track for 1/10th scale, so I ran 3D's in buggy and PP's in SCT. For the Clash, we will be brooming the track for 10th scale .
Old 08-06-2012, 11:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PW
I'm thinking Bar Codes front and rear on buggy and truck and either Bar Codes or Pressure Points for SCT. Green or Blue rear and maybe orange front.

During the nitro race last month it was super grooved up, but they didn't sweep/clean the track for 1/10th scale, so I ran 3D's in buggy and PP's in SCT. For the Clash, we will be brooming the track for 10th scale .
Thanks, Paul. I was talking to Daimon last weekend at Bashers, he mentioned that they didn't sweep it.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:52 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jonathan Paulk
Thanks, Paul. I was talking to Daimon last weekend at Bashers, he mentioned that they didn't sweep it.
The Clash is a JConcepts race and we will make sure the track is cleaned for 1/10th classes .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.