Like Tree88Likes

JConcepts Thread

Reply

Old 04-11-2012, 10:39 AM
  #4951  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (66)
 
Jake S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Erie PA
Posts: 4,656
Trader Rating: 66 (92%+)
Default

Originally Posted by B00t13g View Post
Also this was the first time I've ever used your tires. I glued some rebar fronts at the same time with no issues. Idk
that "blue lable" glue isnt very good, if your looking for a cheap alternative to expensive "rc grade" glue check out Loctite "professional liquid" it comes in a blue bottle with a cap that snaps and even has a cap that plugs the hole so you get zero leakage, and its under $5 for .71oz.
Jake S is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:41 AM
  #4952  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (47)
 
mxracer458's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: so cal
Posts: 3,983
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

I picked up a set of hexes for my worlds b4,the fronts are nice and blue like the rear hubs,the rear vexes almost look purple,bad batch of anodizing?
mxracer458 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:47 AM
  #4953  
PW
Tech Elite
 
PW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Groveland, FL
Posts: 4,457
Default

Originally Posted by mxracer458 View Post
I picked up a set of hexes for my worlds b4,the fronts are nice and blue like the rear hubs,the rear vexes almost look purple,bad batch of anodizing?
Unfortunately anodizing varies from batch to batch. Mine are slightly different front to rear as well .
PW is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:08 AM
  #4954  
PW
Tech Elite
 
PW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Groveland, FL
Posts: 4,457
Default

Originally Posted by CraigMBA View Post
Thanks for the quick answer. I do most of my business with Tower and Stormer, and both of them had "on order" or "temporarily unavailable" on a ton of stuff, but in particular, bar codes in blue or gold. We have a brand new indoor track (the only one between Orange County and Sacramento) and I have no idea what to run for compounds.
Well I just confirmed with the warehouse that we have both "blue" and "gold" Bar Codes in stock. Both of those are very popular indoor compounds for indoor tracks. Gold seems to be the best on wet/damp conditions and Blue on the drier/grooved conditions.
PW is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:10 AM
  #4955  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
Jmuck69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA.
Posts: 5,061
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by PW View Post
Well I just confirmed with the warehouse that we have both "blue" and "gold" Bar Codes in stock. Both of those are very popular indoor compounds for indoor tracks. Gold seems to be the best on wet/damp conditions and Blue on the drier/grooved conditions.
Are greens not ideal for indoor drier conditions?
Jmuck69 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:11 AM
  #4956  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (9)
 
B00t13g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,041
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jake S View Post
that "blue lable" glue isnt very good, if your looking for a cheap alternative to expensive "rc grade" glue check out Loctite "professional liquid" it comes in a blue bottle with a cap that snaps and even has a cap that plugs the hole so you get zero leakage, and its under $5 for .71oz.
It's what pretty much everyone at my track uses....
B00t13g is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:48 AM
  #4957  
PW
Tech Elite
 
PW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Groveland, FL
Posts: 4,457
Default

Originally Posted by Jmuck69 View Post
Are greens not ideal for indoor drier conditions?
Greens work great indoor for certain conditions (mostly east coast), but 90% of the indoor "west coast" tracks use Gold and some blue.
PW is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:51 AM
  #4958  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (9)
 
B00t13g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,041
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Just checked on the wheels after sitting over night. The tires are glued solid they just took a tad longer to dry. It seems like the hybrids will be killer at the j concepts race this weekend.
B00t13g is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:04 PM
  #4959  
PW
Tech Elite
 
PW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Groveland, FL
Posts: 4,457
Default

Originally Posted by B00t13g View Post
Just checked on the wheels after sitting over night. The tires are glued solid they just took a tad longer to dry. It seems like the hybrids will be killer at the j concepts race this weekend.
Cool...Jason will be there this weekend along with several of our team drivers. Feel free to go say hi and check out the JConcepts pits for all the new products .
PW is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:07 PM
  #4960  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (9)
 
B00t13g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,041
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by PW View Post
Cool...Jason will be there this weekend along with several of our team drivers. Feel free to go say hi and check out the JConcepts pits for all the new products .
Awesome, thank you sir.
B00t13g is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:37 PM
  #4961  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
Jmuck69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA.
Posts: 5,061
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by PW View Post
Greens work great indoor for certain conditions (mostly east coast), but 90% of the indoor "west coast" tracks use Gold and some blue.
Hopefully you guys make it to the Peachstate Classin in Georgia in May! this track is DD's/Hybrids in back and Groovys/Rips in the front.
Jmuck69 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:50 PM
  #4962  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 319
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

How soon til premounted Barcodes are back in stock? In particular Slash 4x4/Blitz 12mm hex?
JasonLee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:57 PM
  #4963  
PW
Tech Elite
 
PW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Groveland, FL
Posts: 4,457
Default

Originally Posted by PW View Post
Well I just confirmed with the warehouse that we have both "blue" and "gold" Bar Codes in stock. Both of those are very popular indoor compounds for indoor tracks. Gold seems to be the best on wet/damp conditions and Blue on the drier/grooved conditions.
Update - 3044-05 (Gold Bar Codes) already shipped to some dist today. We are currently sold out with more on the way.

Hopefully you guys make it to the Peachstate Classin in Georgia in May! this track is DD's/Hybrids in back and Groovys/Rips in the front.
We are working on it, hopefully online entries pick up .

How soon til premounted Barcodes are back in stock? In particular Slash 4x4/Blitz 12mm hex?
Working on it....
PW is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:00 PM
  #4964  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 319
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Thanks!
JasonLee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:31 PM
  #4965  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (22)
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 9,045
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

PW-Which barcodes have better side bite....V1 or V2?
STLNLST is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service