Like Tree387Likes

JConcepts Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 09:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Unhappy A Word on JConcepts Bags

After much anticipation and a good chunk of change, I am sad to report that the JConcepts bag is not worth the money I paid for it.

The zippers have failed on mine and dang near EVERY other PERSON's bag that I know of. I have emailed them and asked for a solution with no response. This is unusual because they have ALWAYS had excellent customer support in the past.

I raced at NATS and out of respect did not approach their rep at such a big event.

A fellow racer that I trust very much has told me that it's just like this and to not expect much of it. So I shall leave it with this...

If you can afford a different bag buy it, or a few other brands. I paid 110.00 for a bag shipped and it's almost useless as an enclosed car/parts carrier.

In case you are wondering....the contents are as follows:
Top Box:
6 sets of rear tires
5 sets of front tires
8 Jconcepts tire rubber bands
6 pair front 4WD rims
8 Pair rear buggy rims

Middle Box:
BJ4 WE
Small folding light
plastic box with Dremel accessories
LiPO Dremel

Bottom Box:
Plastic parts box with 8 sets of front arms, 2.5 sets of rear arms, 2 shock towers, front one-way shaft and sway bar kit
Associated wrench set
Another small box with 8 bottles of shock oil, green slime, tire glue

Never weighed much because I thought that zippers were breaking from overloading the bags...nope, look at them funny and the teeth just FALL OFF...end of zipper. It's my fault for believing that dang near EVERYONE ELSE was blowing them up due to overloading...

Also, in case anyone was wondering....all the heavy gear is in two small 4yr old epic bags...

Anyway...that's all I have to say about these bags.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

truraza- We are aware that some people are expiriencing issues with the bags, and are working diligently to get a fix. Once the revised bags are in, we will request that you send yours back, and we will replace it. I cant speak as to why your email wasnt returned, I'll check into it tomorow. If you have any more questions, shoot me a pm and I'll be happy to answer them for you. Im sorry for any inconvienence this issue may have caused.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by mfishel
I had the pleasure of racing with Masami Hirosaka there in the mid 90's. After qualifying one nite he put on a great show. He drives with a stick radio. So he took a chair on to the drivers stand, sat down and put his transmitter on the deck in front of him. He then proceeded to drive with his bare feet! He was actually turning competitive times too!
i have seen a video on the net of Masami driving with his feet,that was truly amazing
Old 06-27-2007, 02:30 AM
Tech Master

Does anyone know of any trick bits being developed for the worlds
Old 06-27-2007, 07:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by truraza

I raced at NATS and out of respect did not approach their rep at such a big event.

Why not?

Yeah, it is a big event, but you don't have to ask right before the A-main starts...a little appropriate timing goes a long way.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SirSpeedy
Why not?

Yeah, it is a big event, but you don't have to ask right before the A-main starts...a little appropriate timing goes a long way.
Youre quite right, Brad was busy during the weekend wrenching on cars, but Im sure he would have been able to stop and handle the situation. Hopefully we'll be able to get everything fixed up for you.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by AndyMoore
Youre quite right, Brad was busy during the weekend wrenching on cars, but Im sure he would have been able to stop and handle the situation. Hopefully we'll be able to get everything fixed up for you.
I had a chance to meet Brad several years ago in GA when he was wheeling a Cat in 95. He as well as the rest the JConcepts Team are approachable.

When at those big events there is a time and a place for everthing. Just keep in mind there are two perfect times to approach a Team driver for an issue that is not drop dead important. I would try and talk to the Team drivers brfore the days events starts or at the end of day when everybody is packing up. If I have set up question or an issue with my car, I would approch a Team driver during the day. If it is just general question I would wait till the end of day.

If I am at a race and you have a question come talk to me when ever. My skills to multi task are sharp because I have two kids. I love my kids and they have taught me alot about multi task when I working on my car.

Andy,

You have a PM

Kevin Boyle

Last edited by Kevin Boyle; 06-28-2007 at 06:37 AM.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:08 PM
Tech Elite

KB, I think Allison sent you an email relating to that this morning?
Old 06-30-2007, 01:18 AM
Tech Master

Default bag

i have a bag coming andy should i send it back when it gets here if there is a problem with the zipper.
Old 06-30-2007, 03:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nhodd
Does anyone know of any trick bits being developed for the worlds
you will definately need it guys......
Old 06-30-2007, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nhodd
i have a bag coming andy should i send it back when it gets here if there is a problem with the zipper.
pm sent.
Old 06-30-2007, 07:36 PM
Tech Master

nice work...
Old 06-30-2007, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

Good news! Maifield is TQ at the 1/8th nats, using our stuff...a LOT of it
Old 06-30-2007, 09:42 PM
Tech Master

Default bag

thanks for the pm andy ill just wait and see
Old 07-01-2007, 12:24 AM
Tech Master

kewl stuff

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.