R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree41Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-23-2007, 10:48 AM   #451
Tech Fanatic
 
AzBobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 312
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

X3
AzBobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 11:03 AM   #452
Tech Addict
 
mfishel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: the racing capital of the world
Posts: 551
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_P View Post
Why????
Oh yea, also it makes a better handling car. No really.
Back in the day we ran RC10 World's Cars with a solid crank and no servo saver. It made the car more responsive obviously, and I didn't worry about the servo (stop hitting things and run Airtronics servos). Then Associated offered a GOOD servo saver (does anybody remember the plastic ones you had to zip-tie to make them less soft?), and I realized that the car was better on high bite and rough tracks.
If you run indoor clay tracks I would recommend trying something like this. Especially if the surface gets a little rough.
mfishel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 04:13 PM   #453
J_P
Tech Addict
 
J_P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: @ JConcepts
Posts: 662
Default

X4
__________________
JConcepts * Associated * Reedy
J_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 06:56 PM   #454
Tech Elite
 
AndyMoore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: IFMAR Non-World Champion
Posts: 3,362
Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AndyMoore
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzBobby View Post
one of these days i will quite calling Brad my friend Brian. anyways someone a few posts back asked if it was true that AE/ Thunder Tiger had bought or taken control of Jconcepts.
One of the rumors flying around, that I can speak to, we werent bought by TTR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Boyle View Post
I am not sure if there is anything going on @ JConcepts except business as usual? Jason is my friend and I will always support him and his company

Other than releasing new great products, nothing really, haha. Good to have guys like you supporting us Kevin!

Later
Kevin Boyle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinson View Post
X2
You too Kinson!

The same goes for Bobby and J_P, and anyone else who does!
AndyMoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 12:34 AM   #455
Tech Fanatic
 
AzBobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 312
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

that is fantastic news.

unfortunatly you left the door open abit for more speculation, in that someone else has bought into or in full of Jconcepts.
AzBobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 10:38 AM   #456
Tech Elite
 
AndyMoore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: IFMAR Non-World Champion
Posts: 3,362
Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AndyMoore
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzBobby View Post
that is fantastic news.

unfortunatly you left the door open abit for more speculation, in that someone else has bought into or in full of Jconcepts.
JConcepts is still JConcepts, end of story. Hows that? Hahah. I didnt post that to open up a can of worms, because there is no can of worms. The people who speculate about things, usually know the least about what is really going on...
AndyMoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 10:41 AM   #457
Tech Elite
 
AndyMoore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: IFMAR Non-World Champion
Posts: 3,362
Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AndyMoore
Default

On a more "fun" note, we have an upcoming race! Jason posted this blurb over on rc10b4.com, so I figured I would relay the information. The website will be finished soon, and I'll definately post again when its done.

Jason: Racers of all skill level are invited to participate where "The Powers Explode" at the JConcepts Clash at Lake Park in Lutz, FL. December 7-9th, 2007.

IFMAR World Champions - National Champions, they have all raced at Lake Park. However, this event is about nitro and electric racers of any skill level. The Hurricane R/C Club has the facility and history - It's up to you to bring the driving. All the greats have raced at Lake Park - you should too!
AndyMoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 10:49 AM   #458
Tech Fanatic
 
AzBobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 312
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hey Andy i see your in here now. you know anything about a fuse in the M11 near the charging jack?
AzBobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 12:05 PM   #459
Tech Addict
 
mfishel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: the racing capital of the world
Posts: 551
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMoore View Post
On a more "fun" note, we have an upcoming race! Jason posted this blurb over on rc10b4.com, so I figured I would relay the information. The website will be finished soon, and I'll definately post again when its done.

Jason: Racers of all skill level are invited to participate where "The Powers Explode" at the JConcepts Clash at Lake Park in Lutz, FL. December 7-9th, 2007.

IFMAR World Champions - National Champions, they have all raced at Lake Park. However, this event is about nitro and electric racers of any skill level. The Hurricane R/C Club has the facility and history - It's up to you to bring the driving. All the greats have raced at Lake Park - you should too!
I had the pleasure of racing with Masami Hirosaka there in the mid 90's. After qualifying one nite he put on a great show. He drives with a stick radio. So he took a chair on to the drivers stand, sat down and put his transmitter on the deck in front of him. He then proceeded to drive with his bare feet! He was actually turning competitive times too!
mfishel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 02:30 PM   #460
Tech Elite
 
AndyMoore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: IFMAR Non-World Champion
Posts: 3,362
Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AndyMoore
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzBobby View Post
Hey Andy i see your in here now. you know anything about a fuse in the M11 near the charging jack?
Im actually still using the M8, havent felt the need to upgrade yet. Maybe shoot Airtronics a call?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfishel View Post
I had the pleasure of racing with Masami Hirosaka there in the mid 90's. After qualifying one nite he put on a great show. He drives with a stick radio. So he took a chair on to the drivers stand, sat down and put his transmitter on the deck in front of him. He then proceeded to drive with his bare feet! He was actually turning competitive times too!
There were a couple of pictures of that from the Cactus classic as well, truly amazing stuff!
AndyMoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:43 AM   #461
Tech Fanatic
 
Kevin Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 997
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMoore View Post
On a more "fun" note, we have an upcoming race! Jason posted this blurb over on rc10b4.com, so I figured I would relay the information. The website will be finished soon, and I'll definately post again when its done.

Jason: Racers of all skill level are invited to participate where "The Powers Explode" at the JConcepts Clash at Lake Park in Lutz, FL. December 7-9th, 2007.

IFMAR World Champions - National Champions, they have all raced at Lake Park. However, this event is about nitro and electric racers of any skill level. The Hurricane R/C Club has the facility and history - It's up to you to bring the driving. All the greats have raced at Lake Park - you should too!


Andy,

How far is this race from SCORE in GA? The only reason is the Express on road race is the same weekend and is closer to my home. I might swing this race if I can plan a family trip to HHI.

Let me


Thanks
Kevin Boyle

Last edited by Kevin Boyle; 06-25-2007 at 01:58 PM.
Kevin Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 02:43 PM   #462
Tech Master
 
jabroni racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: largo florida
Posts: 1,576
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to jabroni racing
Default

Kevin, I know i can hit the GA state line from tampa in just under 4hrs, running 7--75 the whole way.. hope this helps
jabroni racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 03:45 PM   #463
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,838
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

hey andy,
do you guys have a body that will fit the LRP sphere TC speedo for the B4? the stock body is maybe 2mm shy of fitting.it touches the fan.thanks.
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 03:49 PM   #464
Tech Lord
 
20 SMOKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HVR_ WEEKI WACHEE FL
Posts: 10,299
Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default

j,just cut the body to go around the fan and then shoe goo a new piece above the fan
__________________
Jamie W
*Team Tekin*Tekno-rc*DE Racing*AKA*DDHRC*
20 SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 06:40 PM   #465
Tech Elite
 
AndyMoore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: IFMAR Non-World Champion
Posts: 3,362
Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AndyMoore
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Boyle View Post
Andy,

How far is this race from SCORE in GA? The only reason is the Express on road race is the same weekend and is closer to my home. I might swing this race if I can plan a family trip to HHI.

Let me


Thanks
Kevin Boyle
You MUST attend this race, haha. According to mapquest, its roughly 5 and a half hours, a breeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabroni racing View Post
Kevin, I know i can hit the GA state line from tampa in just under 4hrs, running 7--75 the whole way.. hope this helps
Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3 View Post
hey andy,
do you guys have a body that will fit the LRP sphere TC speedo for the B4? the stock body is maybe 2mm shy of fitting.it touches the fan.thanks.
I think the scooped body might work, just do a test fit first. I know my sphere 06 with the heatsink just touched the body, and the tc spec with the fan is about the same height.
AndyMoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
JConcepts BJ4 Funkymojo R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 03-28-2006 12:04 PM
WTB: JConcepts BJ4 goldberghere R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 03-20-2006 09:06 AM
FS: JConcepts BJ4 cnk R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 11-22-2005 10:48 PM
[FS] JConcepts BJ4 - NEVER RUN TBone77 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 10-27-2005 04:23 PM
FS/FT: Jconcepts BJ4 $425.00 skriete R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 10-25-2005 07:54 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
1/4milecrazy
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:59 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net