Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree387Likes

JConcepts Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 11:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have a pair of front barcodes in white compound ,i was wondering what they are comparable to or in between like between green and blue or blue and orange you get the idea. Thnx
Old 12-31-2011, 02:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PW
Gold compound is scheduled for mid January. Tower Hobbies has Gold V2 Bar Codes in stock.

Each track is different; so you would have to compare Pressure Points & Bar Codes on your track. I think Bar Codes are normally the nicest tire to drive on low/no dust conditions and Pressure Points excel on tracks with a little more dust.
ok thanks, the gold v1s are really nice but have less corner speed, i just like em bc they dont rip like other tires.

no need to burn them and soak em in wd40 to soften them, they are nice outa the package, I will be looking forward to v2 golds
Old 12-31-2011, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blingy
I have a pair of front barcodes in white compound ,i was wondering what they are comparable to or in between like between green and blue or blue and orange you get the idea. Thnx
White is firmer than Orange. Its best for high temps / highly abrasive surfaces where you want to smooth the steering out a bit.

Originally Posted by F18engineguy
Plan on racing the Cactus Classic this year where I understand that Losi Red BK bars are way to go unless it is really cool out. Question, what JC compound would be equivalent to Red? Thanks!
From my experience down here in Australia, Orange is most similar to red and best when it is warm. The great thing about the JC range is that you can also get Bar Codes in Blue, which work really well when it is cool but still black groove (eg Cactus in the morning). I usually use them when it is less than 15C (60F).

Ray
Old 01-01-2012, 10:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 217 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ray_munday
White is firmer than Orange. Its best for high temps / highly abrasive surfaces where you want to smooth the steering out a bit.

From my experience down here in Australia, Orange is most similar to red and best when it is warm. The great thing about the JC range is that you can also get Bar Codes in Blue, which work really well when it is cool but still black groove (eg Cactus in the morning). I usually use them when it is less than 15C (60F).

Ray
Thanks Ray!
Old 01-01-2012, 11:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

How bout some YELLOW hazzard sct wheels!!!!
Old 01-02-2012, 05:35 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by steelers82
anybody know when the white hazard wheels are coming?
They are already shipping to Dist/Hobbyshops and should be on the website this week.

paul,for the nationals series in mod all we need are roar approved elec and batteries.
ROAR approved batteries/motors for all classes.

Plan on racing the Cactus Classic this year where I understand that Losi Red BK bars are way to go unless it is really cool out. Question, what JC compound would be equivalent to Red? Thanks!
Ray Munday gave a great description. Also keep in mind that JC barcodes (orange compound) have won last few years there, so I wouldn't single out Losi tires as the way to go anymore .

Ray gave a great answer.

How bout some YELLOW hazzard sct wheels!!!!
Not at the moment, but surely noted .
Old 01-02-2012, 06:29 AM
Tech Adept

Thank You!! For making the Hazard wheels avaliable in white.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 217 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PW
They are already shipping to Dist/Hobbyshops and should be on the website this week.

ROAR approved batteries/motors for all classes.

Ray Munday gave a great description. Also keep in mind that JC barcodes (orange compound) have won last few years there, so I wouldn't single out Losi tires as the way to go anymore .

Ray gave a great answer.

Not at the moment, but surely noted .
Would you say V2 or V1's are the way to go? Thanks
Old 01-02-2012, 06:44 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by F18engineguy
Would you say V2 or V1's are the way to go? Thanks
For Cactus; V2's seem to be the way to go.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PW
For Cactus; V2's seem to be the way to go.
hey, med high bite clay wet. Little to no dust on the line. Would gold work better then blues? Guys have been playing with each (v1)...Blue seem to be more popular. I find the gold push me more which is nice. Any recommendation?
Old 01-03-2012, 05:22 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by idrummerboy13
hey, med high bite clay wet. Little to no dust on the line. Would gold work better then blues? Guys have been playing with each (v1)...Blue seem to be more popular. I find the gold push me more which is nice. Any recommendation?
Normally I would say gold for wet clay; but the majority normally rules .
Old 01-04-2012, 03:13 PM
Tech Adept

I just got my Pressure points in blue compound and either the tire is made too big or the closed cell foams in them are too small, Tires on rims have a 4mm air gap between the rubber and the foam, Ive never had a pair of SC tires fit this loose all the way around the tire.

Thanks!
Old 01-04-2012, 04:36 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rustyw
I just got my Pressure points in blue compound and either the tire is made too big or the closed cell foams in them are too small, Tires on rims have a 4mm air gap between the rubber and the foam, Ive never had a pair of SC tires fit this loose all the way around the tire.

Thanks!
Sounds like an insert. If the tire fits the rim correctly without insert, then it certainly is the insert. Email us directly and we will get you replacement inserts ASAP.

[email protected]
Old 01-04-2012, 08:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

PW - Chevy body looks good!! See you in Cali at the Reedy Race.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:25 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nikos2002
PW - Chevy body looks good!! See you in Cali at the Reedy Race.
Thanks Nick...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.