R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   JConcepts Thread (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/152787-jconcepts-thread.html)

AndyMoore 03-15-2007 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by mfishel
I have a Worlds Edition, and it is nice.
I have installed a GT2 steering rack/servo saver on it. It seems to work well and the geometry is all the same. I had to raise the top plate however, with a spacer between it and the center bulkhead. Do you think this will introduce more chassis flex? This is what concerns me.

It might, but honestly having a stiff chassis offroad isnt always the most desirable thing. I would say that as long as the new steering rack is setup appropriately, you wont notice a difference from the chassis flex.

AndyMoore 03-18-2007 11:31 AM

JConcepts TQ's all 3 at the 21st Annual Cactus Classic!

Ryan Maifield in Buggy as well as Truck Mod and Ryan Cavalieri in 4wd Mod. :tire:

AndyMoore 03-18-2007 12:35 PM

Maifield take A1 in 2wd and Truck, Cav takes A2 in Truck.

Kevin Boyle 03-18-2007 02:14 PM

Andy,

Andy body running BL?

Thanks
Kevin Boyle
:cool:

AndyMoore 03-18-2007 02:19 PM

I know Maifield had it in his truck, and I would assume it in his other vehicles as well, but I wont sweat to it, haha.

AndyMoore 03-18-2007 04:05 PM

Cavalieri wins 4wd! :nod:

AndyMoore 03-18-2007 04:32 PM

Maifield takes 2wd for sure and Truck, I think. :tire:

A great weekend for the JConcepts boys!

AzBobby 03-18-2007 05:26 PM

Yes Maifield wins bot A1 and A3 in truck and 2wheel takes the overall. finishes third overall in 4 wheel, a great feat coming from ninth on the grid. Cav. did win 4 wheel.

Andy since r/c car action got pics of the little bro bag. I would asy we can let it out here. i watched the pics happen with Jason standing there.

it is a sweet set of tools that come in two sets, standard and metric with a nice zipper bag with pockets to keep them in. also you can adjust the length of the tool with two positions to lock down the set screw that holds the tip in. and a few are balls ends. DIALED. :nod:

AndyMoore 03-18-2007 06:21 PM

Youre correct, we will be releasing what amounts to 1/10th(.050, 1/16, 5/64, 3/32, and 2.5) and 1/8th (1.5, 2.0, 2.5, 3.0) tool sets. More information and pics will be posted as soon as I get the ok. :tire:

Kevin Boyle 03-18-2007 06:38 PM

Wow I need to pay close attn to the JConcepts site for all these new items :nod:

Jason nice run this weekend by the team, let us know how the race was when you get back and rest.... wait you do not rest LOL

Later
Kevin Boyle

AndyMoore 03-18-2007 08:15 PM

Just a note, if you guys ever have questions, JConcepts related, you can shoot me a pm. I know some tend to end up in Jasons inbox and Im trying to ease some of that. ;)

AzBobby 03-18-2007 08:22 PM

lets not forget the slick new ends they have also. :sneaky:

No not tools, something else. :sneaky: :eek:

AndyMoore 03-18-2007 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by AzBobby
lets not forget the slick new ends they have also. :sneaky:

No not tools, something else. :sneaky: :eek:

Oh you saw the fluorescent highlights on Jason's car?

AzBobby 03-18-2007 10:18 PM

i was speaking of the all white highlights, didn't see the flourescents. but i did see some new metal work on RM and Jareds' cars, right towards the middle from front to rear and top to bottom. :sneaky:

Aggdaddy 03-18-2007 10:52 PM

I just got my BJ4 completed for the weekend. Excited to drive it, completed one battery pack (loose cells - IB3800's) figured out how to configure the Novak brushless controller (new to brushless) and was able to get the electronic working and servo turning good and wheels were turning. Slipper clutch was way loose, so, had to adjust that (brung my bj4 instruction manual to the track). Once I got that fixed, wow, the wheels really turned. scary fast power right out the box. Eager to put on track, ran right over and got the steering corrected and let her fly.

Mucho fast straightaway speeds. Even stayed on all 4 wheels during all the jumps. Remebering jumping tips from previous posts. Feeling especially happy with the performance, decided to wait on a nitro vehicle to race as they came around to the straightway I lighty applied the throttle. Rooster tails were thrown as I jetted down the straightaway and left the 2wd truck in my dust. rounded the corner and had to wait on car to get turned over, the gas truck caught up and we jumped at the same time and got tangled in the air.

:-( landed and noticed my front wheel looking abit off. Aye, the front A-arm snapped. That ended my practice session abruptly.

Hopefully, that was a fluke and I just landed funny from the truck intefering or the gas truck hit my car funny and caused it to break prematurely.

eh, waiting on parts. enjoy the pics.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...f/HPIM0573.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...f/HPIM0575.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...f/HPIM0576.jpg

Kevin Boyle 03-19-2007 04:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I spotted the new plastic on Jason's Ride

Enjoy

Later
Kevin Boyle

RCBLUE 03-19-2007 07:41 AM

I have been running my BJ4WE (my first 4 wheel ever) for about a month now and I was just up at the Indoor championship race at Peel-It Raceway and found I was the one and only BJ4. But that is okay cause I kicked some Kyosho and Losi tail. Didn't qualify well due to incorrect tire choice but figured it out for the mains. First a main I got hammered on lap one and was dead last. Lap three I was leading. The car was ON RAILS!!!!! It's amazing to see a 4 wheel buggy pulling wheelies. One I get the video I will post it on you tube with a link. GREAT CAR!!!!!

AndyMoore 03-19-2007 10:12 AM

[AzBobby] -They will be in white, black, and fl. yellow. Im not sure what new metal work you were referring to, maybe shoot me a pm on that, haha.

[Aggdaddy] -Im glad you had a good first expirience with the car! Im not sure what your racing backround was before you picked up one of our cars, but front arms can go pretty quick in offroad 1/10th.

[Kevin Boyle] -Nice pic!

[RCBLUE] -Great job! Hopefully you'll have repeat performances in the near future.

:tire:

RCBLUE 03-19-2007 10:20 AM

About 30 seconds before the start of my last qualifier I looked at my car and found a broken rear arm. On the arm the rear inside pivot was blown out. With a little ginger driving, it still made a full race and was one of my better quals.

Aggdaddy 03-19-2007 01:52 PM

I 've had a bit of racing with many classes. 1/10 touring being my favorite. Just isn't convenient to do that class right now. Mostly driving micros nowadays. I use to drive a rc10GT when it first came out. I think I remember breaking arms on that as well, just not as soon as I did with the BJ4. I guess the jumps at the track I was at may be a little too steep to take at fast speed.

I just thought it might be able to take a little more rough handling than it did. All of the BJ4 parts looks a little tougher than the cars I had before.

AzBobby 03-19-2007 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by AndyMoore
[AzBobby] -They will be in white, black, and fl. yellow. Im not sure what new metal work you were referring to, maybe shoot me a pm on that, haha.

[Aggdaddy] -Im glad you had a good first expirience with the car! Im not sure what your racing backround was before you picked up one of our cars, but front arms can go pretty quick in offroad 1/10th.

[Kevin Boyle] -Nice pic!

[RCBLUE] -Great job! Hopefully you'll have repeat performances in the near future.

:tire:

it is in the drive train.

Aggdaddy the car is very durable, yet getting tangled in the air and maybe slapping down right on the side of the wheels may have caused your demise. but you didn't say how you landed or if that metal g/t landed on you or how hard he hit you before you got in the air. many things could have broken it other than just the landing. not sure also if all the kits as of yet have the new heavy duty front arms in them. that you could ask Andy Moore. i have thrown my car into some wild rides a few times and it drove away without a hitch. Glad you like it, there are a blast to drive. after this weekend though i am taking my front one way out and trying the slightly altered set up to run the front diff. after wheeling Maifields car a bit with the set up and now having run 1/8 more lately, having full brakes is more comfortable now. but i do still like the two wheel type feeling with the one in the front.

AndyMoore 03-19-2007 03:58 PM

[AzBobby] -I dont think those parts are going to make it to production, they are something special we're trying. In regards to the arms, all of the new kits include the HD front arms.

Aggdaddy 03-19-2007 04:54 PM

I guess the rc10GT landed on top of that wheel then. I took that jump two times before with no issues before. Its cool. Jconcepts is on the ball. They already sent me a tracking number. So I should be able to get it back working and test it out again this week.

:D

AzBobby 03-19-2007 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by AndyMoore
[AzBobby] -I dont think those parts are going to make it to production, they are something special we're trying. In regards to the arms, all of the new kits include the HD front arms.

yeah i know i was trying to stir the pot a bit. :lol: ;)

Jason told me they will not go production, its just that as RM put it to me "we I mean me and JT are so hard one our drivetrains, we are not normal people." thats why they both had those. i just thought it was funny the way RM put it to me. i see this guy weekly almost and he always has some kinda quote like that. but what a great represenative of Jconcepts and Team AE.

Aggdaddy in a pinch a B4 arm will work for you so you can keep on rolling until you get you heavy's in. i still have some spares from my first order of parts, also i run a B4 so i have like 5 arms just taking up space right now, as i have 3 of the heavy's also in my box.

Aggdaddy 03-19-2007 06:07 PM

The B4 arms work for real? I was thinking about using some type of substitute last Saturday, but nothing looked like it matched up.

RCBLUE 03-19-2007 06:11 PM

Is there any long term fix for the front hinge pin where it starts wearing away at the chasis or do I proceed with my set screw instalation in the pivot block?

Kevin Boyle 03-19-2007 06:30 PM

I will be looking for a new Pit bag, Tools, little Bro bag, JC sweat shirts and some new kicks for my truck....... Jason have anything like that hahha

Keep up the good work you are an asset to R/C and we are glad to have you around

Later
Kevin Boyle

AzBobby 03-19-2007 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Aggdaddy
The B4 arms work for real? I was thinking about using some type of substitute last Saturday, but nothing looked like it matched up.

yep thats what they started with. it wasnt until the shortly after the worlds edition came out that the heavy duty arms followed.

Rc Blue well after two years running mine, actually three now that the Cactus just ended, mine have not rubbed there. you could either put a bit more tire glue right there on the chassis to protect it. or a couple layers of the under chassis tape thats comes with the car, clear contact paper would work. or you could go with the drill hole tap it method then install a screw.

AndyMoore 03-19-2007 11:32 PM

[AzBobby] -From what Ive heard those guys are incredibly hard on stuff, hence the revised piece.

[Aggdaddy] -The B4 arms should fit, although I havent tried them myself. The old car also used a specially made spacer to help support the lower shock mount screw.

[RCBLUE] -I know that the hinge pin does contact the chassis there, but is yours actually wearing at that point? I know on my car it also touches, but I see very little if any signs of wear. Maybe post a pic so I can get a better idea.

[Kevin Boyle] -We might just have some solutions for what youre looking to buy, haha. As soon as I can I'll post more info/and or the actual pics/teaser pics. Thanks for the compliment, Jason works unheard of hours in order to keep everything in check, as well as get great new products out.

bobf24 03-20-2007 05:14 AM

I had mine wearing the chaisiss, so what I did, was take an extra rear hinge pin, and push it all the way back into the new "groove" in the chaisiss, and then cut the hinge pin to length, it actually seems to work better now, as I havn't had it wear the chaisis anymore than original, i think since it wore a little craddle for its self, it sits in there nice and moves even less,

Kevin Boyle 03-20-2007 05:16 AM

Andy,

You have PM

Thanks
Kevin Boyle

slammin 03-20-2007 06:48 AM

I use Jconcepts bodies on my xxxcr,mf2, and my revo, thay look awsome and last forever.I just got a Hot Bodies Lighting truggy and I wondering if any of the current bodies will fit this truck? I would love to the same great Jconcepts look on it that I have on all my other cars. :confused:

AndyMoore 03-20-2007 11:12 AM

[bobf24] -Not a bad idea, just make sure that there is enough clearence so that the suspension wont bind with the shocks off.

[Kevin Boyle] -pm replied.

[slammin] -I think you might just have to try a few different ones to see. The truggies mounting points are rather simplistic, so you shouldnt have difficulty finding one. Maybe start with the HPI h*llfire first, HPI and Hot Bodies seem to be connected at the hip.

d4man 03-21-2007 09:04 AM

Stole your thunder Andy, I found this on the JConcepts website. Is this the new product you guys where speaking of??

http://www.jconcepts.net/news/showar...?articleID=143

Kevin Boyle 03-21-2007 09:24 AM

Andy,

I was holding off as well to post the link. I saw an update on RC10B4.com from Jason about the update to the JConcepts site.

D4man,

This one of the many new products that Jason has been working so hard on. To be fly on the wall at JConcepts.....WOW that would be cool.

Jason keep up the good work

Andy,

You are still the man keep us posted on the other producs that are coming from JConcepts.

Later
Kevin Boyle

d4man 03-21-2007 09:40 AM

I wish I could be a fly on the wall, but not only at j concepts ;)

I wonder what compound they will be similar to? Holeshots (M3), King Pins?, or something else??

AndyMoore 03-21-2007 07:10 PM

[d4man] -The tires thing has slowly leaked out of the past few weeks since the Nitro Challenge. No problem about posting the link, I was working on a paper for school all day today. As far as the compounds, we should be offering two, one soft, and one medium (not their actual names).

[Kevin Boyle] -Exactly right, its nice being that fly, haha. Hopefully I can post up a couple of pics in the next few days related to our other new items.

AndyMoore 03-21-2007 07:12 PM

For those who havent seen the post on our site:

JConcepts Racing Tires - Press Release

"Double Dees" unleashed - First Big race, first Big win.

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/9...0639253cw6.jpg

JConcepts Racing Tires made their debut at the 2007 Nitro Challenge in Surprise, AZ. In the hotly contested 45 minute A-main event, Ryan Maifield made it a debut to remember by winning the Pro Gas Truck class A-main with his Associated GT2 running on JConcepts "Double Dees" tires in Sticky Green Compound.

In 1/8th scale buggy, Maifield also blitzed the track in Round 2 of qualifying with his Associated RC8 by laying down a TQ run using the 1/8th scale version of the "Double Dees". That qualifying run set panic throughout the pits forcing everyone to adjust their selections for round 3.

JConcepts driver Ryan Maifield stated:
"You can tell if a tire is going to work on the first lap and especially in 1/10th scale and gas truck in particular. While in the lead with 2 minutes to go when I heard the race announcer say I had my fastest lap in the entire 45 minute A-main, I was impressed!

JConcepts President Jason Ruona stated:
"I have been fascinated with R/C tires since I started racing in 1991. I've driven in 3-IFMAR Worlds A-main finals and been a Pro driver since 1994. Great drivers can make a lot of products look good; tires are not one of those products."

Although, the first major event for these tires, they have been under development for nearly a year. Rigorous testing by qualified drivers and designers make for ideal racing products. JConcepts - Will, Vision, Desire, Strength and Creativity.

trilerian 03-21-2007 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by RCBLUE
Is there any long term fix for the front hinge pin where it starts wearing away at the chasis or do I proceed with my set screw instalation in the pivot block?

I know this is a long process but here is what I do: Take a small piece of lexan and ca glue it to the arm, on the side where the hinge pin would slide out (just a small drop). Then take a dremel and smooth it out. I will see if I can post a pic later. This problem is the only complaint I have ever had on the bj4.

ahsikes 03-22-2007 05:27 AM

Andy, tell Jason that if he needs a test pilot for these tracks in Jacksonville, I'm his man. ;)