R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   JConcepts Thread (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/152787-jconcepts-thread.html)

JoshR 85 03-08-2007 11:58 AM

that new hoodie definately looks chill!!!

i got to get me one!!!

and the way ppl dress who cares. its just a way for people to express themselves.....

K_King 03-08-2007 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Laterilus
I like the new JConcepts hoodie that Ryan M. is wearing in the picture, but I hope JConcepts was not involved in his wardrobe after that! Seriously, is he wearing short pants or long shorts? What do you call those things? Also, when did it become popular to wear pulled up black socks with tennis shoes or skateboarding shoes? Must be a California thing or something... I've seen the other pros that reside in Cali doing the black sock thing as well. Call me old fashioned, but the kids these days in their teens look ridiculous, and I'm only 8 years removed from being one!

That's the punk/off-road/skater/rocker mesh look.

carloco8 03-08-2007 03:16 PM

You guys probably didn't READ the hoodie! Can't wait to try out the JC tires. Hey Andy, are you guys making just 1/8 tires or both 1/8 and 1/10 tires? We need pics now!!! LOL, I know you guys are working on it ;)

AndyMoore 03-08-2007 07:24 PM

Wow, this turned into a fashion discussion, haha.

As far as the tire pics go.....here are two teasers, courtesy of neobuggy/contributing photographers. More information will be released when we have more to release, I'll keep this thread up to date on everything.

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/6882/jc2mk4.jpg

Doh.
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/7739/jc3is0.jpg

AndyMoore 03-08-2007 07:35 PM

Just an unrelated note to my last post, if you guys have any ideas on things, you can shoot a pm to me. We're constantly looking to get racer input to trends that we may not be aware of, or aware of their size. I cant promise anything will happen as we do have a lot on our schedule, but we appreciate all the help. :tire:

PIITB 03-08-2007 10:11 PM

hey andy moore. for those who dont know who u are. can you tell us who you are and what your association with j-concepts is.

also can you tell me is the BJ4WE on a waiting list?

thanks

Scrubb 03-09-2007 04:00 AM

I know there is still a BJ4x4 WE on the shelf at my local Hobby Shop.

Wolcott Hobbies
http://www.WOLCOTTHOBBY.com/
(203) 879-7766

I beleive they will take credit card over the phone and ship and also take paypal.

8ightScale/CJP 03-09-2007 04:11 AM

JConcepts WING AND BODY :cool:
Jammin' X1CR PRO :sneaky:

dzstr 03-09-2007 09:24 AM

Andy's mug shot can be seen here:

http://www.teamassociated.com/racerh...cereport03.htm

:lol:

AndyMoore 03-09-2007 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by PIITB
hey andy moore. for those who dont know who u are. can you tell us who you are and what your association with j-concepts is.

also can you tell me is the BJ4WE on a waiting list?

thanks

Im just someone who works there, as well as a veteran racer. I figured I would cut down on our email load a little by answering some common questions, and also offering a place to discuss the products.

Haha, thanks Paul!

mfishel 03-09-2007 07:08 PM

Well I have done it. And it wasn't really all that involved. I have adapted the AE RC10GT2 steering cranks and servo saver to my BJ4WE. I haven't run it yet so I'll hold off on posting pics until I get it sorted out.
I was amazed that the cranks matched so perfectly other than their length end to end where they mount into the bearings.
I had to move the crank that connects to the servo horn to the opposite side of the car and move the servo back by flipping the mounts to the front and drilling new holes. Then I'm going to have to mount the receiver in front of the motor (which concerns me, we'll see).
I was even able to use the stock bearing cerriers top and bottom. Although I did have to capture the bearings.
I'll update on how it works and post pics if it works well.

8ightScale/CJP 03-09-2007 07:34 PM

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q.../Jammin001.jpg

8ightScale/CJP 03-09-2007 07:38 PM

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q.../Jammin002.jpg

AndyMoore 03-09-2007 10:47 PM

8ightScale/CJP-Car looks great, I like the "team white" paint!! :cool:

Just a note for the west coast guys, JConcepts will be out at the Cactus Classic for support. Jason and Brad will both be there for autographs, etc, haha. Seriously though, they'll be there representing.

Chris Jarosz 03-10-2007 04:58 AM

Andy is Jason planing on bringing spare wings etc to purchase?

TomB 03-10-2007 05:52 AM

where can i buy the j concepts wing online? either in the USA or in japan? i live in australia and i don't think there is an importer here.

jg727211 03-10-2007 08:17 AM

TomB, This guy is in AU:
http://stores.ebay.com/Radical-Hobbi...QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Good Luck.

smac 03-10-2007 09:25 AM

Thanks for getting us a good look at the top and bottom of the new truck tires!! They look good from both sides!

AndyMoore 03-10-2007 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by smac
Thanks for getting us a good look at the top and bottom of the new truck tires!! They look good from both sides!

No problem, thats the least I could do, considering the amount Maifield did for us, haha.

rcdude19641-I cant say for sure, they have a LOT of stuff to take as it is. I might be able to ship them some stuff out, or convince them to take something extra, haha.

TomB-We ship direct if you have trouble finding a shop. ;)

gatermaxx 03-10-2007 09:22 PM

Well, I went to paint an illuzion body for my T4, an the window masks fit the window outlines perfectly, and they were easy to remove. I also Put a high downforce truggy wing on my Revo, Love the wing, however the plastic washers that are included pulled right through the holes. Luckily the holes stayed the same, and the washers are fine, but needless to say I spent the rest of the afternoon Wingless. Love the way it looks however, and tonight I placed the metal washers in place of the plastic. I would like to say that both pieces are of the highest quality, and am looking to get another wing soon for my truggy. as well as more jconcepts illuzion bodies...

RCBLUE 03-10-2007 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by gatermaxx
Well, I went to paint an illuzion body for my T4, an the window masks fit the window outlines perfectly, and they were easy to remove. I also Put a high downforce truggy wing on my Revo, Love the wing, however the plastic washers that are included pulled right through the holes. Luckily the holes stayed the same, and the washers are fine, but needless to say I spent the rest of the afternoon Wingless. Love the way it looks however, and tonight I placed the metal washers in place of the plastic. I would like to say that both pieces are of the highest quality, and am looking to get another wing soon for my truggy. as well as more jconcepts illuzion bodies...

Well quit crashing Rod. I'll see you next weekend. BATTLE!!!!!

gatermaxx 03-10-2007 10:12 PM

Dang double was pitching me funny, wish I would have been able to use a little more throttle, but I was still breaking in the engine. The wing is so cool, with the metal washers it should be locked on.
Rod

TomB 03-10-2007 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by jg727211
TomB, This guy is in AU:
http://stores.ebay.com/Radical-Hobbi...QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Good Luck.

thanks, i had a look though, doesn't seem to have the wings :( sent him a message just to be sure,

AndyMoore 03-11-2007 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by TomB
thanks, i had a look though, doesn't seem to have the wings :( sent him a message just to be sure,

We can ship direct, shoot us an email for a shipping quote, if youre worried.

gatermaxx-Im glad to hear you liked the bodies, but what do you mean that the washers pulled through? Pics?

Bigedmond 03-11-2007 08:51 PM

any word on the jconcepts 8T body??

AzBobby 03-11-2007 09:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by rcdude19641
I want some of those new tires and one of those new sweaters!

well i would go for one of the new pit bags Jason used at the challenge. and no it wasnt a zip lock. wait till you guys see this thing. also now that the discussion has started i also want some kicks. from what a bird told me around the Cactus or shortly after an announcement for the kicks is coming and shipping right behind that. and i see we have a great close up of the kicks in action. :lol: since Ryan is computer less i can poke fun at him.

and yes since jconcepts bodies have become avaliable for all the cars that i run, there are the only bodies i run. my BJ is the best too. thanks Jason and Brad for the design and hard you have all put into Jconcepts. it is truly top notch. when your done goofing off, get in there and design a two wheeler for us.

AndyMoore 03-12-2007 07:29 PM

[AzBobby]- You'll see the pit bag in action again at Cactus, haha. As far as the tires, we're working very hard on making sure they're right, it might not be that soon.

T Green 03-13-2007 06:20 AM

are you working on a 8ight t body? i have customers asking me everyday when it will be available.

AndyMoore 03-13-2007 09:39 PM

To those asking about the 8T, I cant give a yes, or a no, Im not that high up on the food chain, haha. As soon as I know more, I'll definately be sure to post here.

8ightScale/CJP 03-14-2007 12:46 AM

[QUOTE=AndyMoore]8ightScale/CJP-Car looks great, I like the "team white" paint!! :cool:

:sneaky: :cool:

gatermaxx 03-14-2007 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by AndyMoore
We can ship direct, shoot us an email for a shipping quote, if youre worried.

gatermaxx-Im glad to hear you liked the bodies, but what do you mean that the washers pulled through? Pics?

Those little washers that come with the wing popped off one way or another. I am running a Tekno wing mount, and the holes are slightly larger in diameter than the Mugen wing mount, and I got bucked off a double funny ( running 1/4-1/2 throttle) and landed upside down. The little washers either pulled over the screws, or the washers puled through the wing, no damage to either, must be a flex thing. The wing looks awesome though, and with the metal washers supplied with the Tekno mount, it should hold up to anything, I am fairly sure that is why Tekno included the metal washers. The washers still looked fine, and were still round.
Rod

AndyMoore 03-14-2007 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by gatermaxx
Those little washers that come with the wing popped off one way or another. I am running a Tekno wing mount, and the holes are slightly larger in diameter than the Mugen wing mount, and I got bucked off a double funny ( running 1/4-1/2 throttle) and landed upside down. The little washers either pulled over the screws, or the washers puled through the wing, no damage to either, must be a flex thing. The wing looks awesome though, and with the metal washers supplied with the Tekno mount, it should hold up to anything, I am fairly sure that is why Tekno included the metal washers. The washers still looked fine, and were still round.
Rod

Oh ok, I just wanted to make sure everything was cool.

AzBobby 03-14-2007 10:25 PM

so Andy i saw kinda pit bag tonight at the track. much smaller then the one i saw at the challenge. this one even came with some stuff in it. :spidey: how much will it be? :sneaky:

AndyMoore 03-14-2007 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by AzBobby
so Andy i saw kinda pit bag tonight at the track. much smaller then the one i saw at the challenge. this one even came with some stuff in it. :spidey: how much will it be? :sneaky:

Haha, the "little brother" bag...It should be competitive with other items of its sort. I'll post more details as soon as I can. :tire:

dzstr 03-15-2007 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by AndyMoore
Haha, the "little brother" bag...It should be competitive with other items of its sort. I'll post more details as soon as I can. :tire:

:nod: Tease...

mellis32 03-15-2007 03:09 PM

What is the main differences between the BJ4 and the world's kit. I see that the motor was moved to the center of the buggy. Might be a stupid question, but is the W.E. that much better.

thnx,
Mike

mfishel 03-15-2007 03:32 PM

The motor is central, and the batteries are saddle configuration. I hear that it is better out of the corner and more stable. I have heard that if you run on a high bite smooth indoor track the original is about as fast.

oople 03-15-2007 03:33 PM

I raced both quite a lot, and I do think the WE is an improvement - it feels more planted on rougher tracks.
The standard car was awesome indoors though.

AndyMoore 03-15-2007 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by dzstr
:nod: Tease...

:D I am arent I, hahaha.

[mfishel] - Youre exactly correct. Moving the batteries and motor created better balance out of the box as well. The car comes with the HD front arms and revised bulkhead (although the last run of BJ4s may have as well). If youre able to pick up an original car, I would highly reccomend it. After a while, you can get a conversion kit and have ~35% new components.

mfishel 03-15-2007 07:39 PM

I have a Worlds Edition, and it is nice.
I have installed a GT2 steering rack/servo saver on it. It seems to work well and the geometry is all the same. I had to raise the top plate however, with a spacer between it and the center bulkhead. Do you think this will introduce more chassis flex? This is what concerns me.