R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree40Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-25-2011, 11:24 AM   #4381
Tech Master
 
zeakemedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,249
Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Default

Paul, I am looking for a front tire with a little less steering. I know that part of my problem is set-up but I am traction rolling quite a bit. I have a set of green Rips with closed cell foams and a set of blue Rips with stock foams on a B4. I am looking for a tire where there is a little less intial turn in traction? The green Rips work a little better but I still have to watch what I am doing in the one very high speed corner. The track is very high bite indoor clay, The Ohio RC Factory.
Blake
zeakemedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:16 PM   #4382
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mo City, TX
Posts: 402
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PW View Post
Yes; end of this week.
Glad I waited
__________________
Racers: B44, 8ight 2.0, Hyper 10SC, 22 , and 22T(soon)
Shelved: T3, TC3, NTC3, Revo, RC18t

Sponors: State of TX
kstoracing1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 06:30 AM   #4383
PW
Tech Elite
 
PW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Groveland, FL
Posts: 4,396
Send a message via AIM to PW
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeakemedia View Post
Paul, I am looking for a front tire with a little less steering. I know that part of my problem is set-up but I am traction rolling quite a bit. I have a set of green Rips with closed cell foams and a set of blue Rips with stock foams on a B4. I am looking for a tire where there is a little less intial turn in traction? The green Rips work a little better but I still have to watch what I am doing in the one very high speed corner. The track is very high bite indoor clay, The Ohio RC Factory.
Blake
I find that Bar Codes can some times smooth out my car compared to a rib front tire. Have you tried a blue Bar Code or maybe an orange compound rib front?
__________________
Paul Wynn

JConcepts - Team Associated - Reedy - XP - TSR Products - MIP - Stickit1
P1 Brand - "If it's only for fun; then take out the transponder?!"
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 04:13 PM   #4384
Tech Master
 
mandy116's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Miami, Fl
Posts: 1,007
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Hows it going P-Dub? I want to get a couple of the small JC racing bags but havent seen them in stock for a while. Do you know when they will be in stock?
__________________
RC3 Graffix, Upgrade R/C, Coral springs R/C raceway
mandy116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 05:09 PM   #4385
PW
Tech Elite
 
PW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Groveland, FL
Posts: 4,396
Send a message via AIM to PW
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy116 View Post
Hows it going P-Dub? I want to get a couple of the small JC racing bags but havent seen them in stock for a while. Do you know when they will be in stock?
I'm thinking the end of this month, but will have to double check.
__________________
Paul Wynn

JConcepts - Team Associated - Reedy - XP - TSR Products - MIP - Stickit1
P1 Brand - "If it's only for fun; then take out the transponder?!"
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 06:26 PM   #4386
Tech Regular
 
JP.R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 263
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeakemedia View Post
Paul, I am looking for a front tire with a little less steering. I know that part of my problem is set-up but I am traction rolling quite a bit. I have a set of green Rips with closed cell foams and a set of blue Rips with stock foams on a B4. I am looking for a tire where there is a little less intial turn in traction? The green Rips work a little better but I still have to watch what I am doing in the one very high speed corner. The track is very high bite indoor clay, The Ohio RC Factory.
Blake
I was also having that problem this past weekend at The Ohio RC Factory. I went to Blue Barcodes and that initial 'turn in' smoothed right out.

JP
__________________
JP Richards

Team Durango - JConcepts - Maclan - Airtronics - Xpert RC - LukeDawg Graphics - 92Zero Designs - The Ohio R/C Factory - Grandview Hobbies
JP.R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:40 AM   #4387
Moderator
 
MarkA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Corvallis, OR
Posts: 9,006
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

I just finished painting/cutting/mounting the new 0222 HiFlow body on my SCTE and I love the look, love the vents but I need to comment on a couple things.

1) On a SCTE with stock-offset wheels, it's not even close to covering the front tires. At a race with the, "body must cover the tires" rule, even the most liberal/blind tech guy would have a very, very hard time looking the other way as this one came through.
2) I used the dimples as labeled for the SCTE and because the front tires don't really fit under the body, I have to run the front end of the body absurdly high or go to about -10 front camber to get them under as the suspension compresses or the body hits the tires bad. Thankfully I didn't cut the front of the body to the trim line but after getting everything settled on the car, I still have room under the grill sticker for a whole additional grill sticker to fill the gap before the top of the front bumper. FWIW, this is with Barcode tires and not anything wider.

I'd love to see the body massaged a bit to get a better fit on the SCTE or introduce a separate, "first ever SCTE-specific racing, flow-style" body for the SCTE.
MarkA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:50 AM   #4388
Tech Elite
 
aeRayls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,222
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

PW, when are the new mono 12mm hex wheels(in yellow) and hexes going to be available for the b4?? I NEED them.

Thanks
__________________
Team Associated~Reedy~LRP~XP Digital~JConcepts~92zero Designs~Big Horn Designs~


Go that way really fast... if something gets in your way... TURN!
aeRayls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 02:03 PM   #4389
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 189
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Anyone tried the new Hazard +3mm offset wheels on the SC10 2wd? anything jump out handling wise?

Looking to convert to 12 mm hex, and wondering if its worth it to wait for the white hazards.

Thanks, Krom.
Kromulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 04:34 PM   #4390
Tech Master
 
F18engineguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,611
Trader Rating: 216 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeRayls View Post
PW, when are the new mono 12mm hex wheels(in yellow) and hexes going to be available for the b4?? I NEED them.

Thanks
I second that...I need white ones bad. I have been holding off buying anything else because I only want to run these wheels. Also, I would like to know (if possible) when the alum hex's will be available. Any info would be great...thanks
__________________
VA Beach
F18engineguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:38 PM   #4391
Tech Master
 
ShortCourseOnly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Posts: 1,192
Send a message via Skype™ to ShortCourseOnly
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
Anyone tried the new Hazard +3mm offset wheels on the SC10 2wd? anything jump out handling wise?

Looking to convert to 12 mm hex, and wondering if its worth it to wait for the white hazards.

Thanks, Krom.
I just did the conversion with the AE SC10RS parts. It was easy. The front doesn't have height adjustment with the new design. In terms of handling it was slightly better and more planted than before. I didn't change the set-up but I plan to shorten the rear camber link. I had good side bite it jumped great. It also looks much cooler too. Love the Hazard wheels. I just need another 4 sets or more!!!! LOL.
__________________
--- American in Brazil!!! --- Viva Brasil! ----
Associated RC8.2 FT/Reedy 121VR Engine/Panther tires
Associated SC10 FT/Havoc Pro SC/Ballistic 7.5t
Associated SC10 4x4/Havoc Pro SC/Ballistic 550 4.5t
Traxxas Rally Custom Edge/Ballistic 540 10.5t
ShortCourseOnly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:49 PM   #4392
Tech Master
 
B.A. Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,862
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeRayls View Post
PW, when are the new mono 12mm hex wheels(in yellow) and hexes going to be available for the b4?? I NEED them.

Thanks
i thought you were a 22 man now?
__________________
Brad Abtey
Team Associated | Reedy | JConcepts | Infamous Designs | PitBox Hobbies | Shady Apex
"Anything in life worth doing, is worth overdoing."
B.A. Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:05 AM   #4393
PW
Tech Elite
 
PW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Groveland, FL
Posts: 4,396
Send a message via AIM to PW
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkA View Post
I just finished painting/cutting/mounting the new 0222 HiFlow body on my SCTE and I love the look, love the vents but I need to comment on a couple things.

1) On a SCTE with stock-offset wheels, it's not even close to covering the front tires. At a race with the, "body must cover the tires" rule, even the most liberal/blind tech guy would have a very, very hard time looking the other way as this one came through.
2) I used the dimples as labeled for the SCTE and because the front tires don't really fit under the body, I have to run the front end of the body absurdly high or go to about -10 front camber to get them under as the suspension compresses or the body hits the tires bad. Thankfully I didn't cut the front of the body to the trim line but after getting everything settled on the car, I still have room under the grill sticker for a whole additional grill sticker to fill the gap before the top of the front bumper. FWIW, this is with Barcode tires and not anything wider.

I'd love to see the body massaged a bit to get a better fit on the SCTE or introduce a separate, "first ever SCTE-specific racing, flow-style" body for the SCTE.
Unfortunately the SCTE is slightly wider than the limit of 296mm when running Bar Codes and the like. We will keep this in mind when making our next SCT body.

Quote:
PW, when are the new mono 12mm hex wheels(in yellow) and hexes going to be available for the b4?? I NEED them.
We are shooting for the first of Dec. They (Losi & AE wheels) are scheduled to make their debut at the 5th Annual JConcepts Clash . There will also be a few new releases/surprises during the event .

Quote:
Anyone tried the new Hazard +3mm offset wheels on the SC10 2wd? anything jump out handling wise?

Looking to convert to 12 mm hex, and wondering if its worth it to wait for the white hazards.
The +3 Hazard wheels make a big difference in stability on med/high-bite conditions. White Hazards are scheduled for the end of the month.
__________________
Paul Wynn

JConcepts - Team Associated - Reedy - XP - TSR Products - MIP - Stickit1
P1 Brand - "If it's only for fun; then take out the transponder?!"
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:16 AM   #4394
Tech Champion
 
thecman26's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 7,753
Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkA View Post
I just finished painting/cutting/mounting the new 0222 HiFlow body on my SCTE and I love the look, love the vents but I need to comment on a couple things.

1) On a SCTE with stock-offset wheels, it's not even close to covering the front tires. At a race with the, "body must cover the tires" rule, even the most liberal/blind tech guy would have a very, very hard time looking the other way as this one came through.
2) I used the dimples as labeled for the SCTE and because the front tires don't really fit under the body, I have to run the front end of the body absurdly high or go to about -10 front camber to get them under as the suspension compresses or the body hits the tires bad. Thankfully I didn't cut the front of the body to the trim line but after getting everything settled on the car, I still have room under the grill sticker for a whole additional grill sticker to fill the gap before the top of the front bumper. FWIW, this is with Barcode tires and not anything wider.

I'd love to see the body massaged a bit to get a better fit on the SCTE or introduce a separate, "first ever SCTE-specific racing, flow-style" body for the SCTE.
You should see mine with slash front offset wheels.... It funny... Almost looks like a big stadium truck.. Or "Racing Truck"...
__________________
Chris Keen: Viola, Kansas
Kyosho RZ6, TLR 22 3.0, TLR 4.0 SR (soon),& 22T 3.0
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!", Col. Sanders
thecman26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:58 AM   #4395
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 189
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

@ PW, thanks. Cant wait for the white ones for indoor.

Any time line on the aluminum hex's for the SC10 to be back in stock? the plastic ones from Associated look suspect at best. Plus i like the clamp design, very nice feature.


Thanks, Krom.
Kromulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
JConcepts BJ4 Funkymojo R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 03-28-2006 12:04 PM
WTB: JConcepts BJ4 goldberghere R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 03-20-2006 09:06 AM
FS: JConcepts BJ4 cnk R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 11-22-2005 10:48 PM
[FS] JConcepts BJ4 - NEVER RUN TBone77 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 10-27-2005 04:23 PM
FS/FT: Jconcepts BJ4 $425.00 skriete R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 10-25-2005 07:54 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:48 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net