Like Tree88Likes

JConcepts Thread

Reply

Old 05-25-2012, 02:58 PM
  #5131  
Tech Master
iTrader: (42)
 
xtraman122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Central MA
Posts: 1,251
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Any plans to get the 2wd 3Ds made in Green like they are for 1/8? Seems like it would be the best compound for the applications where that tread would work.
xtraman122 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 03:10 PM
  #5132  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
Jmuck69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA.
Posts: 5,061
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by xtraman122 View Post
Any plans to get the 2wd 3Ds made in Green like they are for 1/8? Seems like it would be the best compound for the applications where that tread would work.
They do make them in green. I have a set from the first batch. They might be sold out and awaiting restock.
Jmuck69 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 03:44 PM
  #5133  
Tech Master
iTrader: (42)
 
xtraman122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Central MA
Posts: 1,251
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

I see. There was no page on Amain or listing for the compound on the JC site so I assumed they hadn't made them.
xtraman122 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 03:52 PM
  #5134  
Guest
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,161
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default HELLO JCONCEPTS

I CALL AND ASKED THIS QUESTION , WHEN WILL U GUYS MAKE A LOSI 2.0 BUGGY E BODY, THAT IS A CAB FORWARD DESIGN, WITH VENTS OVER THE SPEEDCONTROL AND THE MOTOR, PLEASE!!!!!!
LOSIRACER77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:18 PM
  #5135  
Tech Master
iTrader: (15)
 
Cloaked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,203
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by LOSIRACER77 View Post
I CALL AND ASKED THIS QUESTION , WHEN WILL U GUYS MAKE A LOSI 2.0 BUGGY E BODY, THAT IS A CAB FORWARD DESIGN, WITH VENTS OVER THE SPEEDCONTROL AND THE MOTOR, PLEASE!!!!!!
I DONT KNOW WHAT WE ARE YELLING ABOUT!
Cloaked is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:52 PM
  #5136  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
Jmuck69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA.
Posts: 5,061
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by xtraman122 View Post
I see. There was no page on Amain or listing for the compound on the JC site so I assumed they hadn't made them.
If you race outdoors and in the heat, Blues and/or the Orange compound will be the best bet. The greens seem to waste away quickly in blue groove/hot conditions.
Jmuck69 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 05:19 PM
  #5137  
Tech Master
iTrader: (42)
 
xtraman122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Central MA
Posts: 1,251
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jmuck69 View Post
If you race outdoors and in the heat, Blues and/or the Orange compound will be the best bet. The greens seem to waste away quickly in blue groove/hot conditions.
Correct
xtraman122 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 03:09 PM
  #5138  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (20)
 
jk racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Posts: 2,665
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

any chance of these in white?

3333B - Rulux - 1/16th E-Revo wheel - 2.2" - black
jk racing is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 05:27 AM
  #5139  
Eli
Tech Master
iTrader: (13)
 
Eli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: San Diego, CA.
Posts: 1,490
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Thumbs up

I need some pressure points for 2wd buggy :-)
Eli is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:50 PM
  #5140  
Tech Master
iTrader: (10)
 
07Forester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Yorkville, IL
Posts: 1,534
Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Default

Anyone ever have issues with foam?

Tried searching this but found nothing that describes what i'm seeing.

I recently glued up some fresh bar codes onto proline renegade wheels. I used the stock foam.

Whats happening is, it's like the foam isn't thick enough? I can grab quite a bit of the tire, without grabbing foam. It TREMENDOUSLY affects traction. To combat the problem, I tried another manufacture's tire/foam in which I could NOT grab the tire without grabbing foam and it was hooked up.

What's MORE odd, is on the SAME day, I also glued up a set of wheels for my 4x4, and I have the SAME thing going on, just not as bad. The wheels/tires/foam were ALL made by jconcepts in that case.

I'd like to see what the deal is, so if you have an idea, chime in?
07Forester is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 03:47 AM
  #5141  
Tech Master
iTrader: (42)
 
xtraman122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Central MA
Posts: 1,251
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Same happened to me on a set of Pressure Points; I believe it was a bad run of foams.
xtraman122 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:58 AM
  #5142  
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
J_Bone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 1,069
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 07Forester View Post
Anyone ever have issues with foam?

Tried searching this but found nothing that describes what i'm seeing.

I recently glued up some fresh bar codes onto proline renegade wheels. I used the stock foam.

Whats happening is, it's like the foam isn't thick enough? I can grab quite a bit of the tire, without grabbing foam. It TREMENDOUSLY affects traction. To combat the problem, I tried another manufacture's tire/foam in which I could NOT grab the tire without grabbing foam and it was hooked up.

What's MORE odd, is on the SAME day, I also glued up a set of wheels for my 4x4, and I have the SAME thing going on, just not as bad. The wheels/tires/foam were ALL made by jconcepts in that case.

I'd like to see what the deal is, so if you have an idea, chime in?
yeah, I've had the same problem with my last pair of jconcepts tires and foams. Its like it has a flat tire.
J_Bone is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 02:12 PM
  #5143  
Tech Addict
 
vfrninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Wichita,KS.
Posts: 523
Default

Yup I had some of those too. I noticed my old bar codes had no sidewall support inside the outer bead and the new ones do.
-I also just received my new Silverado hiflow SC body and it has several blems including stray mold lines, bubbles, and scratches.
-Received a Rc8.2e punisher body with creased sides.
-A package that was supposed to have 4 wheel nuts for a b4,t4,etc with nothing in it lol.
I vowed no more bodies from JC after buying my manta body a couple years back that had multiple blems in the plastic.
Nice designs but poor quality control imo.
vfrninja is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:01 PM
  #5144  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (15)
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 424
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Question on foams;
I have a set of subcultures and they came with a blue looks like a molded type foam and not the profiled foam that is sold. Not sure if its an old batch but is it okay to use or should i go with the profiled foam? I have a set of green barcodes without foam just not sure if i should run the molded or the profiled and what would be the difference?

Thanks.

Dave
dbracn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:36 PM
  #5145  
Tech Addict
 
vfrninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Wichita,KS.
Posts: 523
Default

Originally Posted by dbracn View Post
Question on foams;
I have a set of subcultures and they came with a blue looks like a molded type foam and not the profiled foam that is sold. Not sure if its an old batch but is it okay to use or should i go with the profiled foam? I have a set of green barcodes without foam just not sure if i should run the molded or the profiled and what would be the difference?

Thanks.

Dave
Try them both. You'll need another pair for your barcodes anyway. Just mount them up but don't glue them and see how they feel. The outer sidewall firmness is what to look at. My subcultures has this different foam too.
vfrninja is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service