R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree39Likes

Old 03-26-2007, 01:50 PM   #151
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMoore
[johnnyboy] -I wish revising a piece were as easy as posting about it needing revision, haha. To be honest the front arms are a weak point, as on every other offroad 1/10th car. Are you running a front one way?
Yeah I know...molds are friggin expensive too. I have been trying the car both with just the front diff and the centre one way. I am not sure if it is my driving style, set up or what, but off power going into a turn, my cars rear end ALWAYS breaks out. I cannot seem to keep the rear end gripping. I've tried all the usual set up sheets, so I am at a loss of where to go...any ideas?

.:Team Orion : JConcepts : B-Fast RC:.
johnnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 02:18 PM   #152
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AndyMoore

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyboy
Yeah I know...molds are friggin expensive too. I have been trying the car both with just the front diff and the centre one way. I am not sure if it is my driving style, set up or what, but off power going into a turn, my cars rear end ALWAYS breaks out. I cannot seem to keep the rear end gripping. I've tried all the usual set up sheets, so I am at a loss of where to go...any ideas?

Well we've found the running a front one way seems to be harder on arms, as well as cvd's because of the locking action it creates. One ways in general seem to cause more parts breakage because of the excess steering. The current "standard" setup is the one from Jared Tebo at the 06 nats. He ran both diffs and a rear sway bar. I can vouch for this being really good, as most of the team guys here, Jason included run this.

There is a link to the setup, just in case.

http://www.rc10b4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7927
Old 03-26-2007, 02:35 PM   #153
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyboy
have you tried the direct center shaft with both a front and rear diff? I had the same kind of thing when I first got my car, it had the one way center shaft in it, with a front and rear diff, and I like to use alot of brakes going into corners, but with the one way youve only got rear brakes, so the back end gets squirly if your on the brakes hard, so I put the direct shaft in the car, and its alot easier to be consistent now, I think i was a tick faster with the one way, but I couldn't be consistent, its no good having one really fast lap, followed by a really slow lap
bobf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 04:35 PM   #154
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It is weird to me how much trouble some of you guys are having with the front arms. i have had very little trouble with them. i use a one way also. of course though with the greating speed in running a mod motor, and an early turn in will almost smoke one everytime. thats alot of speed coming to a very abrupt stop, something has to give, rather lose and arm then the chassis or shock tower. other wise any normal crash that i have it is as durable as my b4 or t4. how many of you guys run this car and then run stock or 19t in your other cars? maybe the expectations are a bit much if that is the case. also at least your not running a xxx-4, man when that car sees a pipe it falls apart. (well that was my experience with one for a year.)
Old 03-26-2007, 05:32 PM   #155
Tech Fanatic

Hey guys, try my front end mod to help with the front arm breakage. It helps a bit....

http://www.rc10b4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8315

Mark
Scrubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 05:55 PM   #156
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to W.E.D.Jim

I have broken a few arms in my time, on alot of different 4wds and on the BJ4. 4wd is hard on parts compared to 2wd, since it really pops out of turns hard compared to 2wd and the traction they offer.

I tried beefing up front arms and the spindle breaks instead. As it did on other brands of 4wds.
I also tried not jumping 1/8th scale jumps and that had the best effect, LOL.

I have broken parts on the Yoks, TL, Kyosho and early Tamiya, they all would break in wierd crashes, yet the fastest guys somehow manage to "hang on to er"! and not break anything when it counts. (although I have seen ALL of them break stuff at times too from all brands)

I have even broken a rear arm a couple of times, I figured out if I crash, it just might break.

I remember breaking alot of stuff, even in 2wd, but that gets back to the crashing part.

8)

...Jim
"Nothing but the best!"
W.E.D.Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 06:02 PM   #157
Tech Fanatic

OK for all of you guys who think your the only ones breaking your bj4's and any other brand of 4 wheeler check this out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sjKCaezalc
Old 03-26-2007, 06:14 PM   #158
Tech Fanatic

The Aussies were great, during like the d or c main in four wheel, one of the guys ran a yokomo car. well he had an old chassis in all of his stuff, so his "friends" glued it to the bottom of his car before his race. well about five or six laps in it came off. the guy just about had a stroke on the drivers stand seeing his chassis laying the dirt yet his car was still running. when they weren't helping each other out they were making ballon animals. and they rented a Lime Green Dodge Charger Hemi while they were in Phx. i cant believe that thing got back in one peice to the rental car place. it did need a new set of rear tires though.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:09 PM   #159
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Molky

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzBobby
The Aussies were great, during like the d or c main in four wheel, one of the guys ran a yokomo car. well he had an old chassis in all of his stuff, so his "friends" glued it to the bottom of his car before his race. well about five or six laps in it came off. the guy just about had a stroke on the drivers stand seeing his chassis laying the dirt yet his car was still running. when they weren't helping each other out they were making ballon animals. and they rented a Lime Green Dodge Charger Hemi while they were in Phx. i cant believe that thing got back in one peice to the rental car place. it did need a new set of rear tires though.
That was in the last round of Qualifying, it was Painy's BJ4, it was Roundie (who is actually a Pom) that glued his broken Yokomo chassis to the bottom of Painy's car. I went over to watch the heat and Roundie and Mick Cragg were laughing about something. It turned out that was it, so during the warm up lap, I grabbed the car and tried to remove the chassis, but there was no way it was coming off. So off it went, started dragging after about 4 laps, came off after about 6. It came off on the last corner before the quads where most people were watching from, I dont think anyone had any idea what was going on.
Molky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:54 PM   #160
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molky
That was in the last round of Qualifying, it was Painy's BJ4, it was Roundie (who is actually a Pom) that glued his broken Yokomo chassis to the bottom of Painy's car. I went over to watch the heat and Roundie and Mick Cragg were laughing about something. It turned out that was it, so during the warm up lap, I grabbed the car and tried to remove the chassis, but there was no way it was coming off. So off it went, started dragging after about 4 laps, came off after about 6. It came off on the last corner before the quads where most people were watching from, I dont think anyone had any idea what was going on.
It was funny is all i know. and watching you guys in the pits also. hope you guys make it out again. that is worth the cost of the entry to pit next to you guys.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:52 PM   #161
Tech Master

HaHa!!!!

LMAO!!!

thats good stuff right there!!!
JoshR 85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:56 PM   #162
Tech Master

Quote:
It was funny is all i know. and watching you guys in the pits also. hope you guys make it out again. that is worth the cost of the entry to pit next to you guys.
Thanks, we defaintly had an awesome time, not sure if we'll be out again next year, will defaintly try to be there. If the Poms go, we'll probably go again. Next time we'll probably fly straight in, because by the time we got to Cactus this year, I know I was just over wrenching on cars

Even though my results basically equalled nothing, I've got some very fond memories of the trip, the chassis incident and 4wd Mod B final being up there
Old 03-26-2007, 10:00 PM   #163
Tech Fanatic

Do The Quad! Do The Quad! more like over jump it by alot!! weren't two of you or maybe one of you in that vid i put up a few posts back from the B main? dragging your right rear wheel assembly around the track for about 5 laps?
Old 03-26-2007, 10:04 PM   #164
Tech Master

Quote:
Do The Quad! Do The Quad! more like over jump it by alot!! weren't two of you or maybe one of you in that vid i put up a few posts back from the B main? dragging your right rear wheel assembly around the track for about 5 laps?
That was Painy, 3 DNF's in 4wd Qualifying = H Final for me

There were quite a few people placing bets on which lap i'd break in the last round of qualifying, I didnt and inherited the prize pool of a grand total of $10
Old 03-27-2007, 05:52 AM   #165
Tech Fanatic

Hey Guys,

Just saw the wrte up on the Losi Nitro Race in RCCA and Jason was running his new tires on his GT2. I am sure these tires will be dialed when they are released.

Keep up the good work Jason.

Later
Kevin Boyle
Kevin Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote