R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree41Likes

Old 03-23-2007, 02:39 AM   #136
Tech Initiate

I agree that some designs just work and why reinvent the wheel.....
really come to think about it the situation is similar to the D4 argument now isn't it......
Muppett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 07:21 AM   #137
Tech Addict

Andy,

AZBobby brings up a good point about the foams. While I'm always happy to see another company get involved in tires, these days I'm actually getting more interested in what kind of foams come with the tires. It'd be my preference to just stuff the foam that comes with the tire (imagine that concept for the racer that PAYS for all of his/her equipment) instead of buying another foam so that you can actually get use out of the entire life of the tire. BTW, the tires do look great and it is good to hear that the tires will last over a longer period of time than the competitors.

Anyway, do you get what I'm saying about the foams though? It'd be one thing if I got all of my tires for free, but since I don't, I'd prefer if the foam lasted longer than 20 minutes of runtime. We all know Proline has had serious issues in this dept. for years, Panther can't seem to decide if they want to stuff a soft or ultra-megahard-stiff foam with their tires, and then you have Losi which isn't too bad.... but not great. This is mostly seen I think in the 1/10 market where most people will be putting the Trinity grey bomb-one foams in their tires, but Trinity has just disappeared as of late and their foams are nowhere to be found.

Sorry about the long rant here, it'd just be awesome if JConcepts truly broke the mold and offered a great working tire that lasts long (already accomplished) and packs in a great working foam that is usable in just about every situation (similar characteristics to Trinity's Bomb one) that lasts the entire lifespan of the tire.
Laterilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 07:51 AM   #138
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Boyle
D4man,

Will you be at Pit Stop for the 1/10 Nitro regional in June? I wonder if the new tire would work at McCullough's indoor track for the electric Regionals???

Later
Kevin Boyle
Depends on the money situation. I would like to start going to bigger events and travel more. The problem is, I don't travel well. It takes me an hour to get to McCullough's and by the time the trip is over, I'm pulling my hair out

Regarding that tire and the indoor track. If the track is dried out and un-watered that tire may work very well.

The tire looks like it would be a perfect match for the varying conditions of the outdoor track.

Kevin, are you coming to the Nitro R/C Pro Series race? How about the Race Against Cancer? Doug McCullough has alot of big races on the horizon....Doug runs a top notch facility.....
NOT a member of Team Terribles!
d4man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:26 AM   #139
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

First i have to say sorry to Brad. not sure what was on my mind when i kept refering to him as Brian. Sorry again Brad.

Flybywire you got it, anytime. sometimes it is good, usually so close to Cactus guys are still amped up from running them that it is good. i will be carrying it along for a few weeks for sure.
Old 03-24-2007, 08:44 PM   #140
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default BJ4 steering bellcrank issue

I have a question
my BJ4 (not the worlds) is second hand and I have alot of slop in the front were you thread the button head screw up through the bushing and into the bellcrank .If I tighten it right up then the steering is to tight and if I back it off even a mm not even ,it loosens up but the slope comes back ,(Go Figure) .

Can I use a AE shock gromet some how or what do you suggest.Also I haven't tried the loc tight but that would freeze everything up I think .A flat headed screw was in there tight but lot's of slope in there????
This is so weird I tell ya .Hope you can understand my confusion .
please LMK
Thanks in advance to all that can help
Matt Roosevelt
blackdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 09:38 PM   #141
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AndyMoore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigedmond
I am honestly waiting for the illuzion body for the 8ight T.
As soon as I can say, I'll let you know.

[Laterilus] -I completely understand what you mean about being a customer, as I am one. As far as addressing the issue of the foams, dont worry, we spent quite a bit of time on it. Im sure you'll be more than pleased with the results by the time Jason gets done tweeking things.

[Muppett] -If you really have an issue, please pm me.

[blackdog] -PM sent.

FYI guys, pics of some of the new items were recently taken so keep an eye on the website next week.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:01 PM   #142
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

hey andy
im sure you have the optional rear sway bar for the bj4 w.e.
where did you go about purcahsing this? as i had contacted
the guys over at jconcepts and they said to just look on the page
and i cant go about purcahsing it. is the b4 the same one? Thanks

Andrew
andrew-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 10:05 PM   #143
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to W.E.D.Jim

Muppet, just an FYI, as it seems you may not be completely informed.

Jason designed Pro-Line tires for quite a while, and bodies, while working for them in California...before moving back to Florida and starting his own company.

I'm not sure about the D4 reference, but I guess we can accept alot on that subject if the designer/engineer worked for both companies?

Besides all this, they are different anyhow, so it's a moot point. It's all in the details.

...Jim
W.E.D.
"Nothing but the best!"
W.E.D.Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 11:01 PM   #144
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew-01
hey andy
im sure you have the optional rear sway bar for the bj4 w.e.
where did you go about purcahsing this? as i had contacted
the guys over at jconcepts and they said to just look on the page
and i cant go about purcahsing it. is the b4 the same one? Thanks

Andrew
Its on the link below. The B4 is not the same one. Im not quite sure why you cant just "buy now" on that particular item. Maybe try emailing again, "attn:Jason".

http://www.jconcepts.net/shop/details/optionParts/

[W.E.D.Jim] -Are you going to be at the Lake Park state race?
Old 03-26-2007, 06:24 AM   #145
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

you just have to email them to buy the sway bar, just click the "Email for Details" link right beside the price, and it will take you to a page to send them a message, and they will email you an invoice for it, if you want to order other stuff at the same time, include the part numbers in the email to them about the sway bar, and they will add all those to the invoice as well,
bobf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 06:50 AM   #146
Tech Fanatic

Andy,

You have PM

Later
Kevin Boyle
Kevin Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:30 AM   #147
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Need to revise the "Heavy Duty" front arms again....They are not that heavy duty. Either that or sell me stock in the a A arm division of JC...ha

seriously though, it is still a weak point of the car IMO.

.:Team Orion : JConcepts : B-Fast RC:.
johnnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:06 AM   #148
Tech Addict

Might be worth trying some Tamiya arms on front - from the 501X kit, as these are a lot thicker and I've yet to see one break. They will take a little work to fit though, but it shouldn't be too hard.
Old 03-26-2007, 11:11 AM   #149
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

^^ Yeah that's funny. I was looking at them at a race on the weekend and was going to try that. Some dude on here is selling Delrin arms as well. Got a set of those coming. I am not really that hard on the car and am an A Main driver...I just have brutal luck with the HD arms....I've gone through half a dozen or so since I've owned the car. Enough that I may switch cars all together.

.:Team Orion : JConcepts : B-Fast RC:.
johnnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 01:31 PM   #150
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobf24
you just have to email them to buy the sway bar, just click the "Email for Details" link right beside the price, and it will take you to a page to send them a message, and they will email you an invoice for it, if you want to order other stuff at the same time, include the part numbers in the email to them about the sway bar, and they will add all those to the invoice as well,
That is the best way.

[Kevin Boyle] -recieved and replied.

[johnnyboy] -I wish revising a piece were as easy as posting about it needing revision, haha. To be honest the front arms are a weak point, as on every other offroad 1/10th car. Are you running a front one way?

[oople] -I wonder why they're almost a direct fit