Community
Wiki Posts
Search

4wd electric

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 04:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If you decide to go with the JConcepts...Enjoy the wait.. There are still fivehundred people before me! Boy I'm glad I still have my G+
Old 03-07-2007, 04:41 PM
Tech Regular

By the way. If there are any 1/10 scale 4wd owners near North/South Carolina coast. Contact me for a race!
Old 03-07-2007, 05:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Team ComeBack
Agg Daddy

My opinion The BJ 4wd is the best out there right now. The Losi skips belts like a school girl jump roping. The Kyosho is what I have and its the closes to the BJ 4wd. I have an extra Lazer if you want to try it out for $220 and its only been run 3 race nights. Instead of paying $400-$500 for something you havent tried. Also the Kyosho has a conversion kit that makes it a mid motor 4wd like the BJ.

[email protected] for pictures
The belt is designed to do that under hard braking. The XXX-4 will match any other buggy in acceleration. Plus, the belt is very durable and lasts a long time keeping maintence to a minimum. Get the X5 and have the best of both worlds. The unmatched rough handling of the XX-4 plus the rocket acceleration of the XXX-4's single belt drivetrain. Plus, there is no wait for the X5 unlike the BJ4.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:46 PM
Tech Regular

From what Stormer Hobbies is telling me, there's no wait from them. Just waiting on UPS to deliver my goods.

All three competitors looks very good to me. They all have their differences, but the BJ4 WE just stood out a little more to me. I'll probably have it up and going in about 2 weeks. I did the cheap shipping from Stormer. Usually takes more than 5 days to get to me.

Got my battery packs on order from cheap battery packs on the way and I already have a servo and receiver I can grab from my other cars.

I decided to go with NimH 4200 cells, Novak 5.5r brushless for now.

Should be plenty quick. :-)
Old 03-07-2007, 08:51 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Aggdaddy
I decided to go with NimH 4200 cells, Novak 5.5r brushless for now.

Should be plenty quick. :-)

I run that in my XX-4 and its plenty quick. I can't wait to get back up to the track this weekend and run it again. Congrats on the new purchase and enjoy that new toy.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I was joking about the belt skip.... get it? There good cars and work well but the BJ's destroys the losi...:-(
Old 03-08-2007, 12:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Alltapdout
If you decide to go with the JConcepts...Enjoy the wait.. There are still fivehundred people before me!
What number are you on the preorder list? The Worlds Edition list goes up to 897, and we are currently on 878. That's only 19 people waiting for the Worlds Edition, and there is no waiting list for the original BJ4. We actually made it to the end of the Worlds Edition list several weeks ago, but it continues to grow.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:22 AM
Tech Regular

What number are you on the preorder list?
I was told that there was @ least 500 before me. Thats what the hobby shop owner has told me! We are both waiting for them now. As soon as he gets his, his XXX-4 will be up for sale.. I'm gonna keep mine, Too much money in this thing to get them to be dependable. I love mine though, I have beat alot of cars, including 1/8 scale buggies. It just took awhile to understand how the car reacted to bumps, jumps, etc. I am very pleased with my Losi.. Its the fastest thing around. Gas cant touch it in a straight line! The only thing is, is that the xxx-4 is designed to be run on a smooth, fast-flowing track. If you buy this car and decide to run it in your back yard or at the local soccer field, you may be disappointed.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

just curious anyone ran the xxx-4 along side a kyosho zx-5?

is it because of the battery layout that the xxx4 dont like the rough stuff? the zx-5 has the same battery layout, anyone else feel the zx5 dont like the rough too?
Old 03-08-2007, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I've been outta 1/10th electric for a good 10+ years... recently got back into R/C with a Losi 8ight, which I love.. enjoying the smell and sounds of nitro...

..however, recently had the chance to drive one of these BJ4 things... and what can I say ??!?!?! my god the thing was awesome to drive. ON RAILS. Its like nothing I have ever driven before

very tempting to drop 1/8th and get back into the ease of plug 'n play electric
Old 03-08-2007, 04:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Alltapdout
I was told that there was @ least 500 before me. Thats what the hobby shop owner has told me! We are both waiting for them now.
Check the current waiting list on www.jconcepts.net. They are currently on #878, so there's no way there are 500 people in line in front of you. Jason mentioned to me that they are waiting on a few things to come in from Associated, so they are 3 weeks out on kits for the next numbers up on the list from 878. I'm third right now, so I'm still happily and patiently waiting.

If you're 500th in line, you missed your chance or your hobby shop owner is not paying attention closely enough.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:03 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I think the XXX4 handling on the rough stuff may something to do with the chassis and the droop on the suspension?

I have seen a ZX-5 go, very good vehicle.

I will have both worlds here. The nice thing with electric is no messing around with fuel, tuning for that, etc, just plug and go. Also, you do brushless and lipo and you can runtimes better than 1/8. 20 minute mains with 8000 mah lipo and brushless from what I hear, maybe longer.
Old 03-11-2007, 07:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I still have a Lazer ZX-5 for sale....?
Old 03-12-2007, 07:32 AM
Tech Regular

I have had my 8000 mah battery run over 40 minutes...The only reason that I shut'r down was because it was getting hot from all the WOT!!! Maxamps are great. And I have NEVER had a problem charging it. Even with a 979 MRC charger..The one that everyone says explodes batteries? No problems here!
Old 03-12-2007, 08:32 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Alltapdout: what safety methods do you use while charging the pack?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.