Wiki Posts
Search

X6 XFactory in 07

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 05:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losidriver70
just got done watching videos of the winter rage. i like the up the wall ramp backside thing id be burning rubber around that on fools!
Link??
Old 01-30-2008, 08:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray
Link??
Mike,

Just search youtube for "winter rage". You will find three short videos about half way down the page.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:17 AM
Tech Regular

Winter Rage Youtube videos:

Quick 4wd video

Quick 2wd video
Old 02-10-2008, 10:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well Paul, as usual your X5 looked great last night, and the one-way seemed to be the ticket.

But Holy #%@* that Truck you all have designed is awesome!! I was amazed how you could throw that thing around in the air like a 4wd buggy. You could correct that thing in the air like no truck I have ever seen. It was so fast in and out of the tight corners. It was especially nice to see you woop up on Scott who is usually pretty hard to beat in Mod Truck.

Keep up the great work!!

Dan Reino
Old 02-10-2008, 10:31 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the kind words, Dan... my X - 60's been working pretty darn awesome, I can't wait until we start making stuff for it; its only going to get better!
Old 02-10-2008, 11:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paul_Sinclair
Thanks for the kind words, Dan... my X - 60's been working pretty darn awesome, I can't wait until we start making stuff for it; its only going to get better!
Paul, any idea when your going to have the truck available? looking for one for next years indoor season, and I'll wait for the X-60.
Old 02-10-2008, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

Cross your fingers that we can get it out by fall. Brian, Paul, Alex, and Chris are working full blast on the X - 60.

Nice to see Satochi Maezumi doing well with the X - 6 in Japan. (Hope I spelled that right!!!)
Old 02-10-2008, 07:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Yup, we are steaming full ahead on the truck. I love mine!! It is so easy to drive. It actually goes where I tell it to. With my old T4 (which is now my X-60), it would just slide through the corners. This thing drives through them.
Old 02-10-2008, 07:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

What is the total length of the new X-60 chassis that yourself and Brian had created? trying to figure out how much material was added in the 4 battery slot area.
Old 02-10-2008, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

That's a major secret, Chirag.

Mostly beause we still don't know...

I think we have a total of three chassis lengths running now. Not completely sure which will be best in the end, but we're getting closer.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Yup, we have 6 trucks running or in progress now and only 3 are the same length. Testing continues.....
Old 02-11-2008, 01:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Always enjoyed the innovation you guys are showing. Curious, was a 4 gear system still more efficient than a enclosed belt from upper gear to diff gear (with a tensioner between)? Or was it not cost effective? Maybe answered earlier, but I'm going to admit I don't want to do a search with rctech the way its acting these days.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan Reino
Well Paul, as usual your X5 looked great last night, and the one-way seemed to be the ticket.

But Holy #%@* that Truck you all have designed is awesome!! I was amazed how you could throw that thing around in the air like a 4wd buggy. You could correct that thing in the air like no truck I have ever seen. It was so fast in and out of the tight corners. It was especially nice to see you woop up on Scott who is usually pretty hard to beat in Mod Truck.

Keep up the great work!!

Dan Reino
Originally Posted by Paul_Sinclair
That truck was amazing. When is it coming?
Old 02-11-2008, 06:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by oXYnary
Always enjoyed the innovation you guys are showing. Curious, was a 4 gear system still more efficient than a enclosed belt from upper gear to diff gear (with a tensioner between)? Or was it not cost effective? Maybe answered earlier, but I'm going to admit I don't want to do a search with rctech the way its acting these days.
Yeah, RCTech has been running slow as anything. We thought about a belt, yes, and technically one would work. It just wasn't cost effective, for a number of reasons. First, and most importantly, the 4 gear needed to work with the current X - 6 chassis. Because of the way the transmission is mounted, with the diff down in kind of a box, getting a bet to it would have been hard. Second, adding the extra idler gear was so much easier to prototype and produce. And finally, with a 2wd vehicle, the debate isn't so much about efficiency as it is about responsiveness. In a 4wd car the belt drive works to smooth it out and make driving it easier; in a 2wd car you need immediate throttle response because you have to be so cautious using the throttle anyways. The geared method delivers that responsiveness, along with being nearly bullet-proof. The extra idler gear adds negligible friction, and in fact because of the improved gear mesh the 4 gear tranny is probably more efficient than our old 3 gear was.

Originally Posted by MannEdge
That truck was amazing. When is it coming?
Like Chazz said above, we're hoping to get it on the market sometime this fall.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mafiaracers
he was at my track this weekend, I took some good shots of his cars, I'll post them up tonight.
It was really fun to watch him race and pick his brain about setups and stuff...really nice guy!
I too was at the race and here are some pics of BK and his rides.

Like Chris said, he was VERY down to earth and easy to talk to. Nice guy and VERY knowledgable.

MOmo
Attached Thumbnails X6 XFactory in 07-bk2.jpg   X6 XFactory in 07-toplessx6.jpg   X6 XFactory in 07-x2wd.jpg   X6 XFactory in 07-x6.jpg   X6 XFactory in 07-xrides.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.