Wiki Posts
Search

B4 or XXX-CR

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 10:11 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TEAM-AE-4-EVER
Wow what an original response!

Hhmmm... let us look at the big picture and I definitely agree.... do your Homework on this one. I don't want to start an argument but I think some facts must be pointed out. With regards to racing... please compare and contrast which kit has won more major races around the world the last 3-4 years. The B4 has won MANY major races with MANY different drivers.

Let me point out a few more facts: How long did Easton last with a Losi and how well did he do with his 2WD after winning the IFMAR Worlds with a B4? Let me tell you... he didn't really do much. Lately Easton has been seen using a B4 even though he no longer is sponsored by Associated. Travis Amezcua won the ROAR Nats in 2003 with a B4. Other than the last year's Shootout which he barely won against Cavalieri... he hasn't really won anything big with a Losi 2wd. Now what about Cavalieri and the other young Associated guys? How have they done with the B4? Well, Cavalieri swept the Losi Race with his B4, T4, and BJ4 - first time out! The AE Team have been winning heavily with different drivers and seem to only be getting better as they continue to dominate the racing scene with the B4/T4 platform. How many kits has Losi used in trying to match the B4's excellence? The count is now 3. Those who don't know how to set-up a B4 say the car has no rear traction and all it has is steering? Yeah, that is why the B4 keeps winning at various tracks and under various kinds of track conditions!

For the record there were no Losi kits on the Podium at the 2005 IFMAR Worlds in Italy (on a blownout, dry, and dusty track) and neither was there a Losi kit on the Podium at the 2006 ROAR Mod Nationals (on a hard-packed and Bluegroove type track). Yes, I seriously suggest doing your Homework in comparing the performance and record of the 3 Losi 2wd kits as against that of the Associated B4. The results will loudly speak for themselves.
gotta go with slobbatech on this one........

i'm not a 100% sure here, but if the guy in post #1 sez that he's new to off road, then it'd be a pretty safe bet that he ain't easton, travis or cavalleri...at least not yet. those guys could race a frog and beat most of us on here. i've owned several versions of both....the b4 is a good car in the right conditions. on blue groove, it's on rails....however, for a newbie, the better car to own first is the losi. he won't have to hold his breath the whole heat to drive it. then after awhile, after he gets the hang of off-road and if he thinks he can drive a car that handles like a 12th scale on dirt, then by all means.....buy a b4.
Old 01-07-2007, 06:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I still think the B4 is the most adaptable between all the cars mentioned.... and balance certainly is not a problem.

Last edited by STEALTH; 01-07-2007 at 06:12 AM.
Old 01-07-2007, 05:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SlobbaTech
Typical "AE" reply.....tons of arrogance and a biased, force fed opinion. There were some honest opinions of the 2 cars from a few people on here and solid suggestions for the person looking for a new car kit to help them along making THEIR OWN decision on which vehicle would be best for them dependant on a few factors. If you were to walk into a restaurant or travel to another part of the world and everyone is eating something weird, like fried bugs/critters or something crazy by USA standards, but yet everyone appeared to be liking it, does that then mean that everyone else in the world should thereby like that type of food and immediately start eating it? There are a few other races the Losi 2wd car(s) have won, TQ/win ROAR nats in Connecticut (low bite/rough trackusing not quite the XXXcr but close to it by Mike Truhe), New Mexico (highest bite in USA most likely or at least comparable to a "slicks/diesel fuel" track using a BK2 by me Jesse Robbers), TL race his year TQ/win(Florida blue groove/high-bite with the just released or almost released XXXcr by Travis Amezcua). So your stereotypes do not apply well at all, stereotypes rarely do and are usually are only generated from a small piece of truth meant to mislead or direct people differently by creating something that is "believable" to trick the mind. A lot of the times it comes down to how one car looks to someone, it might look cool/better to them, or they might like the more technical side of things and go with the car that they feel is more towards the advancement side of things rather than a car/company that only feeds/tweaks off of others rather than having any that are original to their own.
How true, How true. Spoken like a true statesman. I hope AE has one as well.
Old 01-07-2007, 07:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I still think the CR is the most adaptable between all the cars mentioned.... and the steering to traction balance is perfect.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:17 AM
Tech Adept

Well on the posting with the facts you could bet if Losi had the same data they would make the same post. (So for the people bragging - stop you did not win the race. For the people who are on their soapbox saying "typical AE" your comment is no better. All of the AE drivers have always been extremely nice just like the losi ones.) Actually I think the results of the top drivers mean nothing to the semi casual club racer. I love associated but I can tell you from people who have switched cars several times they believe losi is easier to drive out of the box. Both cars can win. And you will see both win in the future. If you want to learn to drive either you can be good.

Things I would look for the most in the cars.

1. Track parts support. unless you plan to stock spare parts then you need
a track with spares on site. No car is fun if you can not run it.

2. Driver support - See which car has the drivers most willing to help. If you like to go it alone pick the oppisate from everyone else. Being new I would say look at who will help you the most.

3. Test Drive - To me this one only works if you can get around the track at a reasonable speed without recking. A tst drive will show you little if
you are extremely new and can not keep it between the pipes to feel how they handle.

4. Coolness - Which car do you think is the coolest.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:01 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

They are both great cars. I think a safe generalization is this:

If you are a newer driver the Losi car is easier to drive and often more consistent. With careful tuning it will turn with the B4.

If you are an onroad guy with well developed driving skills, the B4 will likely suit you better. It has more inherent steering and when everything is in perfect condition it has great rear end traction too. The Losi cars are less sensitive to this, with a tired diff and tires the Losi still seems to have great rear bite wheras the B4 likes everything to be fresh.

I run both cars and I find the B4 a little easier to go fast with due to it's corner speed but often I have better runs with the Losi (I run a XXX Bk1 right now) because it is not as easy to make mistakes with.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:09 AM
Tech Regular

I may have been a little unclear, so.... by "AE post" I was referencing to the type of posts online I see by people that pretty much or 100% don't have any affiliation with AE except for possibly owning a car and in now way meant the AE team/drivers/employees are bad people, the ones I know/see at races seem to be good people. Posts that are made by puppets plugging something blindly and endlessly away strike a nerve/pet peeve of mine as it's a form of misdirection/lying for personal gain. Posts like the car is used by this person so I have to use it as well is as irrelevant as someting crazy that was in the news a while back, which was more or less people were paying a lot of money (I think thousands) for a "designer bag" which was pretty much a black Hefty type trash bag sold by a designer name like Prada/Gucci, etc... Also posts like Brand Z car is the best, the other sucks doesn't matter for the people that have only owned Brand Z car. Just post your own experiences good/bad and leave the decision to the one forking out the money.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by b4zed
I still think the CR is the most adaptable between all the cars mentioned.... and the steering to traction balance is perfect.

And your still playing catch-up to the B4 that was released in 2003!
Old 01-08-2007, 07:20 PM
Tech Adept

CR = Perfection & peace of mind & ease of maintenance, I love it. It's funny how when the track gets slick, all of the B4 disappear from contention. As soon as traction comes back, we hear them buzzing around.

Last edited by b4zed; 05-19-2007 at 08:27 AM.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by STEALTH
And your still playing catch-up to the B4 that was released in 2003!
That is your opinion not fact! I myself feel the CR is the most advanced buggy to date. But that is my opinion.
Old 01-09-2007, 05:48 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mugenracer
New to off road, what car would you buy? and why Thanks

if everyone would stop flaming everyone else on here for just a sec, it might be of interest to note that the original poster of this thread hasn't been back to post in it again. with all of the bitchin', whinning and arguing going on, he's probably been scared off of off-road and has found another hobby to get into by now.
Old 01-09-2007, 06:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dirtracer1
if everyone would stop flaming everyone else on here for just a sec, it might be of interest to note that the original poster of this thread hasn't been back to post in it again. with all of the bitchin', whinning and arguing going on, he's probably been scared off of off-road and has found another hobby to get into by now.
Yeah, true.
or maybe he has gone and got one of the two
Old 01-09-2007, 08:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Slobbatech- Are you going to make the Nats warm up race here in Albuquerque? The warm-up race will be held the 2nd week of April.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:57 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by sport10
That is your opinion not fact! I myself feel the CR is the most advanced buggy to date. But that is my opinion.

The B-4 is the newest design....

XX has been around for quite awhile and is getting a bit old in comparison...
Old 01-09-2007, 10:09 AM
Tech Regular

Scott...We're not sure yet, I would like to but I think it's still up in the air if TL will be present at the warm-up or not.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.