Community
Wiki Posts
Search

B4 or XXX-CR

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

If you want good Steering and plan to Race then the answer is easy... go with the B4!
Old 01-05-2007, 04:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If you want a well balanced car and plan to race then the answer is easy... go with the CR!
Old 01-05-2007, 08:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by .MAtt.
B4! better control over the car for a beginer.
Atually for a beginner the natural push of the CR is better.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

B4
Old 01-06-2007, 06:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I like running Losi tires on my B4........
Old 01-06-2007, 07:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mugenracer
New to off road, what car would you buy? and why Thanks
Let me take a shot a this... One thing that might help... The original post said "new to off road" -- IF that means you already know how to drive an RC pretty well, there is a super easy answer... Cars tend to "fit" different drivers differently, so....

Go to the local track, get to know the racers and find a couple that will let you take their cars for a lap or two. Try a B4, try a CR... Trust me -- the cars are different enough that you will quickly get a feel for which "works" for you and which does not...

I've done this for guys and it really helps them decide...
Old 01-06-2007, 07:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

B4 !!
Old 01-06-2007, 08:21 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The CR has the old tranny in it. Not the gray one. CR fixes the need to keep tranny cases in you parts box.
tfrahm hit the nail on the head, do your homework, it is well worth the time!
Old 01-06-2007, 08:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

CR
Old 01-06-2007, 08:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

B4!!!!!!!!!

BTW, do you know how to find all the Losi driver in the pits?
Just look for the full garbage cans....

Do you know how to find a Losi driver?
They can hit the garbage can the first shot every time.

LOL, sorry just haven fun. Both are the best cars......
Old 01-06-2007, 10:19 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by b4zed
If you want a well balanced car and plan to race then the answer is easy... go with the CR!**

Wow what an original response!

Hhmmm... let us look at the big picture and I definitely agree.... do your Homework on this one. I don't want to start an argument but I think some facts must be pointed out. With regards to racing... please compare and contrast which kit has won more major races around the world the last 3-4 years. The B4 has won MANY major races with MANY different drivers.

Let me point out a few more facts: How long did Easton last with a Losi and how well did he do with his 2WD after winning the IFMAR Worlds with a B4? Let me tell you... he didn't really do much. Lately Easton has been seen using a B4 even though he no longer is sponsored by Associated. Travis Amezcua won the ROAR Nats in 2003 with a B4. Other than the last year's Shootout which he barely won against Cavalieri... he hasn't really won anything big with a Losi 2wd. Now what about Cavalieri and the other young Associated guys? How have they done with the B4? Well, Cavalieri swept the Losi Race with his B4, T4, and BJ4 - first time out! The AE Team have been winning heavily with different drivers and seem to only be getting better as they continue to dominate the racing scene with the B4/T4 platform. How many kits has Losi used in trying to match the B4's excellence? The count is now 3. Those who don't know how to set-up a B4 say the car has no rear traction and all it has is steering? Yeah, that is why the B4 keeps winning at various tracks and under various kinds of track conditions!

For the record there were no Losi kits on the Podium at the 2005 IFMAR Worlds in Italy (on a blownout, dry, and dusty track) and neither was there a Losi kit on the Podium at the 2006 ROAR Mod Nationals (on a hard-packed and Bluegroove type track). Yes, I seriously suggest doing your Homework in comparing the performance and record of the 3 Losi 2wd kits as against that of the Associated B4. The results will loudly speak for themselves.

Last edited by TEAM-AE-4-EVER; 01-06-2007 at 10:32 AM.
Old 01-06-2007, 02:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

You can't go wrong with either one. If I had the choice I would go with Losi. Go with whichever one your lhs has parts for etc.

Cheers
Old 01-06-2007, 05:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Losi all the way. I run both Losi cars and AE cars and for basic maintaince, the losi is much easier to work on. Try rebuilding a set up shock from any AE, and you have to fiddle and struggle with this tool. With the losi, pull the cartridge apart which is much easier to service.
Old 01-06-2007, 05:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TEAM-AE-4-EVER

Hhmmm... let us look at the big picture and I definitely agree.... do your Homework on this one. I don't want to start an argument but I think some facts must be pointed out. With regards to racing... please compare and contrast which kit has won more major races around the world the last 3-4 years. The B4 has won MANY major races with MANY different drivers.

Let me point out a few more facts: How long did Easton last with a Losi and how well did he do with his 2WD after winning the IFMAR Worlds with a B4? Let me tell you... he didn't really do much. Lately Easton has been seen using a B4 even though he no longer is sponsored by Associated. Travis Amezcua won the ROAR Nats in 2003 with a B4. Other than the last year's Shootout which he barely won against Cavalieri... he hasn't really won anything big with a Losi 2wd. Now what about Cavalieri and the other young Associated guys? How have they done with the B4? Well, Cavalieri swept the Losi Race with his B4, T4, and BJ4 - first time out! The AE Team have been winning heavily with different drivers and seem to only be getting better as they continue to dominate the racing scene with the B4/T4 platform. How many kits has Losi used in trying to match the B4's excellence? The count is now 3. Those who don't know how to set-up a B4 say the car has no rear traction and all it has is steering? Yeah, that is why the B4 keeps winning at various tracks and under various kinds of track conditions!

For the record there were no Losi kits on the Podium at the 2005 IFMAR Worlds in Italy (on a blownout, dry, and dusty track) and neither was there a Losi kit on the Podium at the 2006 ROAR Mod Nationals (on a hard-packed and Bluegroove type track). Yes, I seriously suggest doing your Homework in comparing the performance and record of the 3 Losi 2wd kits as against that of the Associated B4. The results will loudly speak for themselves.

Wow !!!

Last edited by Scott S.; 01-06-2007 at 10:18 PM.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:00 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TEAM-AE-4-EVER

Typical "AE" reply.....tons of arrogance and a biased, force fed opinion. There were some honest opinions of the 2 cars from a few people on here and solid suggestions for the person looking for a new car kit to help them along making THEIR OWN decision on which vehicle would be best for them dependant on a few factors. If you were to walk into a restaurant or travel to another part of the world and everyone is eating something weird, like fried bugs/critters or something crazy by USA standards, but yet everyone appeared to be liking it, does that then mean that everyone else in the world should thereby like that type of food and immediately start eating it? There are a few other races the Losi 2wd car(s) have won, TQ/win ROAR nats in Connecticut (low bite/rough trackusing not quite the XXXcr but close to it by Mike Truhe), New Mexico (highest bite in USA most likely or at least comparable to a "slicks/diesel fuel" track using a BK2 by me Jesse Robbers), TL race his year TQ/win(Florida blue groove/high-bite with the just released or almost released XXXcr by Travis Amezcua). So your stereotypes do not apply well at all, stereotypes rarely do and are usually are only generated from a small piece of truth meant to mislead or direct people differently by creating something that is "believable" to trick the mind. A lot of the times it comes down to how one car looks to someone, it might look cool/better to them, or they might like the more technical side of things and go with the car that they feel is more towards the advancement side of things rather than a car/company that only feeds/tweaks off of others rather than having any that are original to their own.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.