Search
Like Tree3Likes

Duratrax Evader

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Flying Monkey
yeah his broke at the pin hole. its very possible he was WOT in the air....you know kids. he was disappointed it happened but I explained it happens. lol he has seen me break my stuff time after time. i got him a pair of them for $9 so now he has an extra in his box in case it happens again. he even put it back together himself with me walking him through it but he did all the wrenching. working on a deal to get him some better batteries now. thanks for all the help guys.
You could get the Losi hub set with bearing and use Associated (AE) T4/B4/GT2 axles. The Losi hub bearings fit AE axles which means you can still use the EXP dogbones.

How we did a temp fix for the guy(s) to finish racing that night was put some RC10GT hubs and bearings on with a T4 axle, they were "sloppy" as 76nova1 stated with diff pins sizes. BUT they finished that night and the next weeks race cause the new parts hadn't come in yet.

Perhaps with ST rear arms the GT hubs would fit the pins better!
Old 03-24-2008, 02:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

i think if it breaks again the same way ill do the conversion. maybe it was a bad part. it happens. but he will stick to the truck. he loves it and i like seeing him enjoy it. he cant wait to get it on the track.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default ext

Yeah, its a bad part, all the rear axles are bad parts. I have broken three of them. But my two EXTs are abused by my 5 year old daughter, wife and four nieces. If the axles are all that break, I am happy.

Also I have sent in one a-arm for the warranty deal. Duratrax does not send you a replacement like they claim, they send you a package with TWO replacements!!!
Old 03-24-2008, 07:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ajyj
Yeah, its a bad part, all the rear axles are bad parts. I have broken three of them. But my two EXTs are abused by my 5 year old daughter, wife and four nieces. If the axles are all that break, I am happy.

Also I have sent in one a-arm for the warranty deal. Duratrax does not send you a replacement like they claim, they send you a package with TWO replacements!!!
That is called "WARRANTY" with cap letters!!!!!!!!!!!!

The guys with EXT's have you upgraded to ball bearing yet?
Old 03-25-2008, 06:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tmail55
That is called "WARRANTY" with cap letters!!!!!!!!!!!!

The guys with EXT's have you upgraded to ball bearing yet?
no we havent done anythign to his EXT yet. he just got it. Money is a little tight right now but we will be upgrading it here and there as we can. i picked him up a speed jem 2 motor for $5 as a back up motor in case somethign happens there. im told its faster then the stock motor so maybe after he runs it at the track the first time and if if doesnt have any problems maybe we will just try that motor out.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

the speed control in a EXT won't go below a 20 turn.

The 20 turn in a EXT is a very old motor design!!

Any CO27 (CO >> CObalt) style motor would be a BIG improvement.

When I run a "stock" brushed motor I use this Axiom CO27

http://www.axiommotors.com/blueprint...alt-p-172.html

========

A Tazer speed control, it will go down to a 15 turn, is a good option for a low amount of $$$$

http://www.dynamiterc.com/Products/D...ProdID=DYN4925
Old 03-25-2008, 02:35 PM
Tech Elite

thanks for the info. I would have just installed the other motor. definatly alot to learn when it comes to these electrics.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tmail55
the speed control in a EXT won't go below a 20 turn.

The 20 turn in a EXT is a very old motor design!!

Any CO27 (CO >> CObalt) style motor would be a BIG improvement.

When I run a "stock" brushed motor I use this Axiom CO27

http://www.axiommotors.com/blueprint...alt-p-172.html

========

A Tazer speed control, it will go down to a 15 turn, is a good option for a low amount of $$$$

http://www.dynamiterc.com/Products/D...ProdID=DYN4925
Thanks Tmail
Old 03-26-2008, 08:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Default nitro evader st

GOOD EVENING,

I HAVE THE NITRO EVADER ST AND CANT GET IT STARTED. I JUST CHANGED OUT MY PISTON, I HAVENT BEEN ABLE TO START IT SINCE. ANY TUNING POINTERS?

Thanks
Old 03-27-2008, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

Hi I have a question for you duratrax guys. I won an ST truck earlier this yr, I've been reading about the upgrades to make the truck better so thanks to all for the tips there. My question is what body can you run on it? Does it have to be specific to the duratrax or will say a losi XXXT body or asoc T4 body work?

Thanks
Old 03-27-2008, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by VALIKAAAR
GOOD EVENING,

I HAVE THE NITRO EVADER ST AND CANT GET IT STARTED. I JUST CHANGED OUT MY PISTON, I HAVENT BEEN ABLE TO START IT SINCE. ANY TUNING POINTERS?

Thanks
If it was running before you changed the piston, try turning the high needle out 1/6 to 1/4 turn. When it starts take it easy cause it need to break in a bit. Not as much as a "new" engine but enough to seat the piston.

With that said! You changed out your piston? Do you mean piston and sleeve OR just the piston?
Old 03-27-2008, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by chris moore
Hi I have a question for you duratrax guys. I won an ST truck earlier this yr, I've been reading about the upgrades to make the truck better so thanks to all for the tips there. My question is what body can you run on it? Does it have to be specific to the duratrax or will say a losi XXXT body or asoc T4 body work?

Thanks
T4 will not fit

T3 (some but not Asso) will fit

Losi XXT (If I remember right there are more Losi's that fit, AD body << maybe)

And the Duratrax's

To stop the tinny sound of the Duratrax bodies duct tape the insides of the truck sides, below the side windows.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

Thanks bro, that body that came with the truck is real ugly, I have to paint up a new one before I run it.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Flying Monkey
We will have to try that conversion as well. I bought my son a EXT for his birthday this weekend and on his 2nd battery the rear axle pin broke already. he was only jumping it on a 8" high ramp we set up for him. was pretty disappointed to say the least. he is only 10 and is very into rc as he is at the track with me every weekend and pits my truggy for me. Got it for him to give his hand at racing and if he sticks to it we will upgrade him to a new truck. but was hoping he could get by awhile with the EXT. He tried a 3.3 tmaxx awhile ago but it was a bit more truck then he could handle for his first time. any suggestions or anything for him? and please no "buy a different truck" comments. this is what he has and would like to make the best of it.

also is there any tips you can give him on set up for off-road track? we looked online and couldnt find anything. i have no experience in electric myself. any help would be greatly appreciated.
Well hell I go and tell Flying Monkey to keep with it and the same thing happens to mine. I went up a half pipe and caught air landing it right on the right rear wheel. The wheel snapped off and I was sitting dead on the track tonight. Looks like I will be upgrading to the Losi set up.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:29 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chris moore
Thanks bro, that body that came with the truck is real ugly, I have to paint up a new one before I run it.
also the proline crowd pleazer body for the XXX NT fits the evader ST.. i know a few guys who have them.... thats right the nitro version.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.