Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Talk about Electric Off-Road Nats

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 11:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DustinR
Curious Dawn, What specificly prompts the combination of the stock and mod nats. I understand that it is hard to find host venues for the nats but so long as there are people that are willing to host them why not let wellenough alone.

To me this is a very damaging thing to do to a ROAR event. But my oppinion.
Dustin, there are several factors to consider....

one, not many host tracks willing to fork over costs of handout products and hold an event that is not run by big name racers that will draw more money in sponsorship and two, well, not many host tracks period.

This year we received one bid for stock nats but it also came from the facility who bid and was awarded mod nats. We asked them which do they prefer and their choice was mod nats (obviously). So, Peel It did ROAR a favor by hosting the event after we asked them to do it. The handout policy was difficult, as it would be for any host track.

so, to combine them to a four day event and increase the entrys to a single location not only will increase participation of the event, increase membership numbers but will expose those not normally able to observe and race with the guys attempting to qualify for worlds.

Its a win win situation for the hosts, the racers and ROAR membership cost effective dollars. (also, the teams love the fact they have one event on their schedule and saves travel and shipping costs.)
Old 08-03-2006, 11:13 AM
Tech Elite

Whlie what you say is very true look at the stock nats there were held in Missouri, they had 230 entries.
Official numbers state something a little different.. although, that was MIDWEST location which will always draw more participation. Had that track had the combination of mod and stock, they would have filled easily to the 400 entries.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
and the high number of other off road trophy events in the month of July.....
the NCT series in Washington is mainly a Gas series, with like maybe 20-30 entries in electric per race... or are you talking about the whole country?
Old 08-03-2006, 11:24 AM
Tech Legend

You got-a admit the cost of racing stock in a Roar event is way expensive ... Combine that with high airline ticket prices, Hotel`s, ect.

No wonder the event has issue`s...

Also could the independant events(Non Roar) has something to do with the small turnouts ?

These events offer a better race for the money....

Must be the reason Roar has decided to combine these events now ?
Old 08-03-2006, 12:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

santinuchi- They are going to accept entries up till the thursday before the race. I would give the track a call and see how much space there is avaliable right now.
Old 08-03-2006, 12:20 PM
Tech Adept

Default Thank You

Originally Posted by AxiomJacob
santinuchi- They are going to accept entries up till the thursday before the race. I would give the track a call and see how much space there is avaliable right now.
jacob- Thank you, I'll let him know.
Old 08-03-2006, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by peter_robinson
the NCT series in Washington is mainly a Gas series, with like maybe 20-30 entries in electric per race... or are you talking about the whole country?
Peter...

There is more racing in addition to NCT series.... In July, ROAR and NON ROAR events, my calendar shows 12 trophy events alone from Colorado and west...... that's a lot.
Old 08-03-2006, 01:09 PM
Tech Addict

I like the idea of putting the two together. It will be like a rock festival for R/C cars...or it will at least make it seem as big as it used to. Plus, right now we NEED BIG events for electric off-road........

Lets face it, at the rate everything is going right NOW, there will never be another 200+ entry Stock Nats.

And at any 200+ entry Mod Nats, at least 95% of those entries will be from old school racers, not any new blood.

I say make the Nats have 500 entries and have 10 page articles in all the magazines telling all about how amazingly fantastical the race was, and that might awaken some of today's new, nitro exhaust affected, R/C minds to the wonderous glory that is electric off-road racing.
Old 08-03-2006, 01:30 PM
Tech Adept

Default yup

Originally Posted by Eric Swanson
I like the idea of putting the two together. It will be like a rock festival for R/C cars...or it will at least make it seem as big as it used to. Plus, right now we NEED BIG events for electric off-road........

Lets face it, at the rate everything is going right NOW, there will never be another 200+ entry Stock Nats.

And at any 200+ entry Mod Nats, at least 95% of those entries will be from old school racers, not any new blood.

I say make the Nats have 500 entries and have 10 page articles in all the magazines telling all about how amazingly fantastical the race was, and that might awaken some of today's new, nitro exhaust affected, R/C minds to the wonderous glory that is electric off-road racing.
i agree we need some sort of new nitche in order to stop the fading of electric racing b/c of the ever growing poularity of gas....in all calsses on and off road.
Old 08-03-2006, 02:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I just thought I would add. The idea of combining the events isn't anything that ROAR hid. They discussed the new Nationals method in the most recent newsletter. I personally like the idea. As mentioned earlier, there are a ton of trophy events during the summer months of July and August, and this will hopefully allow smaller venues a better shot at getting more racers to their event.

Paul
Old 08-03-2006, 05:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Don't worry about electric fading away because of nitro racing. R/C racing started out with 1/8th nitro on-road in the 70's and Electric became more popular than Nitro ever will. Electric is cheaper, easier, cleaner, and quiet. Nitro is too difficult and expensive for new people to just jump right in. Nitro's are all too powerful and too fast, and they have no budget/novice classes. You need a second person for the mains, and nobody like to corner marshall for 30 to 45 minutes. Nitro's also need larger tracks, and can only be run outdoors. Electric will always have its place in R/C as long as it supports and maintains the slower and affordable novice and stock classes.
Old 08-03-2006, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Tubaboy
I just thought I would add. The idea of combining the events isn't anything that ROAR hid. They discussed the new Nationals method in the most recent newsletter. Paul
As stated: http://www.roarracing.com/downloads/...unJul_2006.pdf

As with all matters ROAR, announcements are made in the RevUP ONLINE! and on the website - click on 'news'

As for participation numbers:

Stock Nationals: entry limit is 300
2003 - 150 entrys
2004 - 258
2005 - 153
2006 - 90 (approximately, totals not verified as of yet)

Modified Nationals: entry limit is 300
2003 - 275
2004 - 225
2005 - 272
2006 - we'll see.......

So, it would appear an entry limit of 400 during a four day event will be ideal and all that have participated will still be able to.
Old 08-03-2006, 08:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

So what area should they be up for? East West or Midwest
Old 08-08-2006, 09:22 PM
Tech Elite

This year I talked to MANY of the 19t drivers and ALOT of them would just have run stock had it been the only class provided.
so what your saying is that if they didn't offer 19t at nats no one would run it,,,,,, uuuummmm yea that makes sense.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:28 PM
Tech Elite

and by entries, do we mean the total number of people entered to race or the total number of vehicles entered to race, i ran two classes, is that one entry or two.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.