Wiki Posts
Search

GTB Glitching

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 09:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default GTB Glitching

Hey guys, I just installed a GTB 5.5 in my BJ4WE with the speedo behind the servo and the receiver in front of the motor. Made the wire install as clean and neat as possible. Problem is that I can't get it very far away from me without it glitching, sometimes bad. I could run it nearly out of view with the LRP QC2/V2 12x2 I had in it before. I'm runnig a JR XS3 Pro and I've tried different freqs and new batteries. All I did was the one touch set up...nothing else. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I remember having glitching problems with my old SS5800 (in a few different vehicles) before I got rid of it and was hoping this one wouldn't be the same.
Old 06-10-2006, 11:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Not sure what that would be from. My gtb/6.5 installed in my T4 without any problems. I just followed the directions for setting it up to my radio and it went without a hitch. Wonder if the rx being by the motor could have anything to do with it? Where was it located in your previous setup? Some of the guys at the B4 forums could prolly help you out, there's a few there running the BJ and novak setup.
Old 06-11-2006, 12:39 AM
Tech Adept

Rx was run next to the QC2 in the previous set up, but there isn't room to do that now. I got the idea from some pics at B4.com about how to mount the rx.
Old 06-11-2006, 07:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (100%+)

clean your reciever...

just open it, and spray it with some motor spray, or soak it in rubbing alcohol. get all that gunk off the reciever. then it should work fine.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:28 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the tip RC Guru, I sprayed it out and it seems much better!