Search
Like Tree1204Likes

Team Associated B7 and B7D

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2024, 07:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shortcut3d
The front wing brace that is flush mount with flat head screws is by Vision Racing.

The front wing button that matches the style of the Factory Team rear wing brace is by Avid.

I started a thread for Slipper and Slipper Eliminator comparisons a while back. The thread has the weights of several options for comparison. I like the Schelle / Avid slipper. It weighs darn near close to a slipper eliminator but retains the smoothness.
A long time ago (maybe the b6.2 days) I heard someone say you can run the Schelle slipper with just 2 pads to save weight (one less aluminum plate). Have you tried that in 17.5?
Old 05-24-2024, 08:41 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Tiggertrucks
Is it true that the slipper eliminator's are a no go for stock class ( super high bite clay )?
I like the slipper in 17.5. If you run a class like 21.5, I would run an eliminator. It is a matter of power and accelerating. Slipper = smoother. Eliminator can be less rotating mass (as part of a complicated list of things).
Tiggertrucks likes this.
Old 05-25-2024, 08:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alavigna
Has anyone run the new R1 Wurks 3 gear aluminum transmission for the B7? What do you think?
The R1 Wurks 3 Gear Transmission has been sold out for a while. Just got back in stock. https://r1wurks.com/collections/b7/p...transmission-1

There was a post a few pages back with data on runs comparing the two transmissions. The R1 Wurks transmission was faster.

R1 Wurks also has an interesting motor plate with top mount to distribute the motor weight better. Team Brood claims the kit design motor plate deforms the transmission case causing premature wear and failure. Team Brood has a transmission brace.
alavigna likes this.
Old 05-25-2024, 11:15 PM
Tech Regular

shortcut3d

May I know, what is Team Brood webpage ?

Can you share ?
Old 05-25-2024, 11:27 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by shortcut3d
Team Brood claims the kit design motor plate deforms the transmission case causing premature wear and failure.

This quote, hmmmm.....
Old 05-25-2024, 11:31 PM
Tech Regular

I ever encountered "jumped pinion gear teeth".

I used 25 teeth pinion gear, with 78 teeth spur gear.

I heard loud teeth grinding sound, when throttle buggy to take jump....ended up the spur gear teeth slanted slightly.

Thereafter changed spur gear to 75 teeth, pinion gear to 23 teeth, no more issue
Old 05-26-2024, 12:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by foosoomin
This quote, hmmmm.....
https://teambrood.net/product/b7-cf-...ion-brace-kit/

Introducing the Team Brood Carbon Fiber Transmission Brace Kit, specially designed for the Team Associated B7 2wd offroad buggy. Engineered to address a common issue arising from the increased size of the motor plate to 5mm, this innovative kit is your solution to excessive flex on the left side of the transmission.
Old 05-26-2024, 10:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Nice a complete lack of any pictures
MrLean and bdbachus2 like this.
Old 05-26-2024, 04:37 PM
Tech Regular

Team Brood need to upload product photos, so that customers will know how the product look like
Old 05-28-2024, 12:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Schumacher Splinter Front Tyres

Had a chance to run the new Schumacher Splinter ftom tyres on my local high grip astro track yesterday. I tried thr Axium in purple to start with which had too much grip and were a bit snatchy, the Splinters were really smooth and just the correct amount of front end without any major changes.

I also tried a tip ftom Ellis Stafford to lengthen the rear camber link at the inboard end so that the camber link and wishbone pivot lined up. This helped to get rid of the rear wanting to continue to rotate before getting back on the throttle - really gave confidents about what the car was going to do.

I also heard some of the uk team drivers were using b6.4 front hubs (so removing the kpi). Somebody was running them and mentioned it made it a little pushy mid corner compared to the standard b7 setup.
RogerM and AmiSMB like this.

Last edited by Pistol123; 05-28-2024 at 07:55 AM.
Old 05-28-2024, 06:20 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Pistol123
Had a chance to run the new Schumacher Splinter ftom tyres on my local high grip astro track yesterday. I tried thr Axium in purple to start with which had too much grip and were a bit snatchy, the Splinters were really smooth and just the correct amount of front end without any major changes.

I also tried a tip ftom Ellis Stafford to lengthen the rear camber link at the inboard end so that the camber link and wishbone pivot lined up. This helped to get rid of the rear wanting to continue to rotate before getting back on the throttle - really gave confidents about what the car was going to do.

I also heard some of the uk team drivers were using b6.4 front hubs (so removing the kpi). Somebody was running them and mentioned it made it a little pushy mid corner compared to the standard b7 setup.
The Axium silver is a better compound for the dry but they do have more grip I find than the LP Cut Stagger Yellow but I like the fact they they fit the wheel properly without having to glue sides down but I feel you have to change the setup at the front and you cannot just change between Axium and Cut Staggers without adjusting the setup. I have yet to try the Splinter but have high hopes. Did you run an insert or no inserts?
Old 05-28-2024, 07:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by AmiSMB
The Axium silver is a better compound for the dry but they do have more grip I find than the LP Cut Stagger Yellow but I like the fact they they fit the wheel properly without having to glue sides down but I feel you have to change the setup at the front and you cannot just change between Axium and Cut Staggers without adjusting the setup. I have yet to try the Splinter but have high hopes. Did you run an insert or no inserts?
No inserts, and yes lovely not to have to glue the sidewalls down.

I previously used Axium in Silver but couldn't get them for Monday. I have found that raising the ftont axle helps tame the axiums.
AmiSMB likes this.
Old 05-29-2024, 01:37 AM
Tech Regular

More gears, acceleration decreases.

Many B7 players run 17.5 turn motor, realised it accelerates slower than 3-gear transmission
jz97ss likes this.
Old 05-29-2024, 04:50 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by foosoomin
I ever encountered "jumped pinion gear teeth".

I used 25 teeth pinion gear, with 78 teeth spur gear.

I heard loud teeth grinding sound, when throttle buggy to take jump....ended up the spur gear teeth slanted slightly.

Thereafter changed spur gear to 75 teeth, pinion gear to 23 teeth, no more issue
I have never experienced such an issue but have seen something like this when the spur gear has not been installed correctly and the slipper pads have been caught at an awkward angle. It is always best to check that the spur is running as true as it can before meshing the motor and pinion. I would also check for anything not looking right with the pinion and or spur gear to see if there was a problem.
Old 05-29-2024, 04:59 AM
Tech Regular

AmiSMB

Jumped teeth is because there is no motor clamp support on top part of motor

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.