Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree78Likes

Tekno RC SCT410 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2023, 04:06 PM
Tech Rookie

It looks like the spur gear is a 41 tooth vs the 44 tooth on the 410.3? Will the 44 tooth spur gear fit on the 2.0 in the enclosed housing. I wanted to swap over my motor and esc from my 410.3. I run on 3s.
Old 10-26-2023, 05:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by capesandblaster
It looks like the spur gear is a 41 tooth vs the 44 tooth on the 410.3? Will the 44 tooth spur gear fit on the 2.0 in the enclosed housing. I wanted to swap over my motor and esc from my 410.3. I run on 3s.
I think the 41t is a different offset and not compatible, so if you want the same ratio drop a tooth on the pinion
Old 10-30-2023, 10:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Matthew_Armeni Thank you for coming on the forum and providing insight into the development process and for giving specific details for the decisions made, I appreciate it and I'm sure a lot of others do as well. This kind of thing is what sets you apart and is one of the reasons why I will buy Tekno over other brands. One of the other things that sets Tekno apart and why I prefer your brand to others is the fact that to my knowledge you are not owned by a mega corporation and I hope this doesn't ever change. I also find it very appealing that even though to my knowledge Tekno is race oriented, you acknowledge and cater to the bashers. Thank you to you and the entire staff at Tekno for giving the RC community a first class product that doesn't need $1,000 worth of upgrades to be the best it can be.
Old 11-02-2023, 07:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Matthew_Armeni
… we strive to make our cars handle well and have good durability. Having a good handling "basher" type vehicle is very desirable. Having a car handle well on the street, in the grass, in an empty dirt lot just means that the customer will have a better experience when driving. Then, if they decide to go to a track one day (which is our hope, to convert more "bashers" into "racers") they'll have a car that can actually get around without looping out in every corner.
…and this is exactly why my next car will be a Tekno, and not a Horizon Hobby. Sad I’ve spent as much as I have on their stuff.
rustyus and MULMZ2 like this.
Old 11-06-2023, 06:42 AM
Tech Adept

Wonder if these diff out drives wear better than the 410.3? Mine would hog out from the axle pins. Had to replace them often and it sucked.
Old 11-06-2023, 08:30 AM
Tech Rookie

ProStar RC makes some titanium diff pins. Probably worth a look if they kept failing on your 410.3.
Old 11-06-2023, 02:57 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by heckler
ProStar RC makes some titanium diff pins. Probably worth a look if they kept failing on your 410.3.
Not diff pins, the out-drives and pins on axles.
Old 11-07-2023, 09:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoeRC123
Wonder if these diff out drives wear better than the 410.3? Mine would hog out from the axle pins. Had to replace them often and it sucked.
The new truck uses larger 8th scale outdrives that our buggies and truggies use, you shouldn't have any problems.
JoeRC123 and Motozilla like this.
Old 11-08-2023, 08:23 AM
Tech Adept

The new truck uses larger 8th scale outdrives that our buggies and truggies use, you shouldn't have any problems.
That's good news. Appreciate the quick reply.
Old 11-08-2023, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I can't wait to get mine. Will be a nice addition to my tekno fleet.
Old 11-10-2023, 08:45 PM
Tech Master

arrived today. Started the build around 5pm and had this around 10pm. I must have taken the battery tray/mud guard on and off 5 times trying to get the wires routed correctly.

the unadjustable plastic a/b/c/d blocks were disappointing to me even though I knew they were plastic when I bought the kit. I will likely be fitting the truck with the -1 blocks from my eb48 2.1 that I removed when I installed all the -2 blocks, gearboxes and hubs. Does anyone have a good starting point for hinge pin pills when going to adjustable blocks?
Old 11-10-2023, 09:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Cinnabun

arrived today. Started the build around 5pm and had this around 10pm. I must have taken the battery tray/mud guard on and off 5 times trying to get the wires routed correctly.

the unadjustable plastic a/b/c/d blocks were disappointing to me even though I knew they were plastic when I bought the kit. I will likely be fitting the truck with the -1 blocks from my eb48 2.1 that I removed when I installed all the -2 blocks, gearboxes and hubs. Does anyone have a good starting point for hinge pin pills when going to adjustable blocks?
The rx box has a hole you have to route the wires through, but we're recommending that users snip off the top of it to make it a slot. Makes it a lot easier to remove/install the electronics. This will eventually be a running change.

The included plastic A, B, C, D blocks have steel inserts molded into them. The chance of breaking them is very low. If you still want to change to the aluminum blocks you'll want to start with the pills in the same location as the molded blocks. We tested the truck extensively before deciding on the final geometry, it should be a very good starting spot for most track conditions. The same thought applies to the rest of the kit setup. It's best to run it with that setup for a minimum of 6 packs before making any changes. It takes about an hour of running for the drivetrain to fully break in.
Motozilla likes this.
Old 11-10-2023, 09:54 PM
Tech Master

The rx box has a hole you have to route the wires through, but we're recommending that users snip off the top of it to make it a slot. Makes it a lot easier to remove/install the electronics. This will eventually be a running change.

The included plastic A, B, C, D blocks have steel inserts molded into them. The chance of breaking them is very low. If you still want to change to the aluminum blocks you'll want to start with the pills in the same location as the molded blocks. We tested the truck extensively before deciding on the final geometry, it should be a very good starting spot for most track conditions. The same thought applies to the rest of the kit setup. It's best to run it with that setup for a minimum of 6 packs before making any changes. It takes about an hour of running for the drivetrain to fully break in.
yeah, the receiver box in my eb48 2.1 is much easier to work with. I would have appreciated mounting holes for a mylaps transponder mount on the receiver box lid as well. I should have it broken in and a rough idea on adjustments that suit me by the end of the weekend. I have an 8th scale track in my backyard that I use for testing/practice. I’m interested in seeing how this handles indoor clay. I’ve been holding off on the SL so hopefully this will fill the spot for clay and outdoor dirt. I have a set of ellipses coming for it, and a clay race scheduled on 12/9 so we will see how it does.

I absolutely love the kingpin design with the threaded pin, I wish the eb48 2.1 was this way, I’ve had the pins in the 48 work loose even with threadlock. I’d like to see the eb410 and et410 get updated with some of the sct410 parts.
Old 11-11-2023, 12:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Cinnabun
I absolutely love the kingpin design with the threaded pin, I wish the eb48 2.1 was this way, I’ve had the pins in the 48 work loose even with threadlock. I’d like to see the eb410 and et410 get updated with some of the sct410 parts.
On the 48, be sure to clean both the screw and the carrier with denatured alcohol or motor spray before using threadlock. If there's leftover oil on those parts they have a chance of loosening. Also be sure to orient the pins so the end of the screw catches the flat spot on the pin.
Old 11-11-2023, 01:42 PM
Tech Master

On the 48, be sure to clean both the screw and the carrier with denatured alcohol or motor spray before using threadlock. If there's leftover oil on those parts they have a chance of loosening. Also be sure to orient the pins so the end of the screw catches the flat spot on the pin.
oh they have been cleaned properly and thread locked. I wipe ever screw going into metal with motor spray and spray out the hole. I’ve also lost pins on both my eb and et 410.2 cars. The captured kingpin was a smart idea, and I’m hoping this is a glimpse of what the refreshed 410 lineup is going to be.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.