• Hybrid hinge pin blocks with integrated steel braces
  • CNC 7075 aluminum one-piece motor mount with preset gearing options
  • 13mm big bore shocks with 16mm spring options
  • Beefy 4mm 7075 aluminum shock towers with integrated braces
  • Accommodates standard 2S to 4S battery packs
  • Hardened steel drivetrain is 1/8th power system ready
  • HD bumpers nerf bars and body mounts
  • Compatible with many EB/NB48 2.1 parts and options

Last edited by rustyus; 11-25-2023 at 09:17 AM.
Old 10-10-2023, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Interesting...
Old 10-10-2023, 01:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That thing behind the motor... I hope it is what I think it is.
Steve B in Vega likes this.

Last edited by rustyus; 10-10-2023 at 01:36 PM.
Old 10-10-2023, 03:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The two words every girl wants to hear: enclosed drivetrain
Old 10-10-2023, 04:04 PM
Tech Master

I wonder what Tekno sees in the market that justifies releasing two different cars for the same dying class.
Flipside6900 likes this.
Old 10-10-2023, 07:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by RC10Nick
I wonder what Tekno sees in the market that justifies releasing two different cars for the same dying class.
It can’t be market motivated. I agree that the class is hit-or-miss, at best. Maybe it’s more of a “why not” thing. They don’t have a 1/10 race department eating time and money. So I could see looking at their current offerings and saying, “hmm, couple new parts, bunch of existing parts, satisfy a niche group that is still around”. I dunno.
Old 10-11-2023, 02:47 AM
Tech Champion

The old SCT410 series was big for bashers, casuals and people that like to create weird one-offs.
Cain, rustyus and Steve B in Vega like this.
Old 10-11-2023, 04:13 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Sir 51D3WAYS
The old SCT410 series was big for bashers, casuals and people that like to create weird one-offs.
I get that, but bashers don't need the latest and greatest in race geometry. The old kit could have continued to sell well in that crowd for another 20 years without change.
Old 10-11-2023, 05:53 AM
Psf
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Cool to see them with another SCT! I love the class and wish it was more popular.

I wonder if the front and rear universal driveshafts will fit on the 410.3? The small pin in those cvds has been the weak spot for me.
Jordan Anderson likes this.
Old 10-11-2023, 07:42 AM
Tech Adept

Yes..! Rock Racers rejoice! Enclosed drivetrain in the rear. My DB48 was shelved due to rocks constantly becoming lodged under the spur gear.

s
SparePartsBox likes this.
Old 10-11-2023, 09:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BRabbit
It can’t be market motivated. I agree that the class is hit-or-miss, at best. Maybe it’s more of a “why not” thing. They don’t have a 1/10 race department eating time and money. So I could see looking at their current offerings and saying, “hmm, couple new parts, bunch of existing parts, satisfy a niche group that is still around”. I dunno.
I get that, but bashers don't need the latest and greatest in race geometry. The old kit could have continued to sell well in that crowd for another 20 years without change.
Our SC's have been, and continue to be, some of our best sellers. I would estimate that racers are less than half of our customers, and in the RC world, racers represent a small percentage of people. We love racing, but we know that most customers don't actually go out and race. That's why we strive to make our cars handle well and have good durability. Having a good handling "basher" type vehicle is very desirable. Having a car handle well on the street, in the grass, in an empty dirt lot just means that the customer will have a better experience when driving. Then, if they decide to go to a track one day (which is our hope, to convert more "bashers" into "racers") they'll have a car that can actually get around without looping out in every corner.

Originally Posted by Psf
Cool to see them with another SCT! I love the class and wish it was more popular.

I wonder if the front and rear universal driveshafts will fit on the 410.3? The small pin in those cvds has been the weak spot for me.
These are new driveshafts and won't fit the previous truck. Aside from some shock components and hardware, this is an entirely new platform. The diffs are compatible with the SCT410.3 diffs (and previous generation buggy/truggy diffs), but include a lot of new parts.
Old 10-11-2023, 10:32 AM
Tech Champion

Sure, but the old kit, while very good, wasn't perfect in a number of ways. Here's hoping this one is an improvement.
Goof likes this.
Old 10-11-2023, 12:39 PM
Tech Adept

Spot on in my opinion, and I think that market is bigger than most think. I'm looking forward to getting my mittens on one of these for rock racing. Tekno quality and toughness is much appreciated in our world.

s
rustyus likes this.
Old 10-11-2023, 01:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Steve B in Vega
Spot on in my opinion, and I think that market is bigger than most think. I'm looking forward to getting my mittens on one of these for rock racing. Tekno quality and toughness is much appreciated in our world.

s
do you have any build threads showing your rock racer conversion? I thought most rock racers were solid axle but I guess not.
Old 10-11-2023, 01:21 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by smirkracing
do you have any build threads showing your rock racer conversion? I thought most rock racers were solid axle but I guess not.
We have the Lasernut U4 build here on our website: https://www.mojavevalleyrcadventures...sernut-u4.html

Here is our front IFS / Rear Solid: https://www.mojavevalleyrcadventures...ammer-rey.html

Rock Racing ( overall ) has three suspension classes. Solid axles ( Bomber / Ryft ), Independent front / solid rear ( Hammer Rey, Rock Rey ) and IFS ( Lasernut U4 ). Depending on the club or organization, they will run them together in some combination. We run them in different classes because of the performance difference on our track. It's also fun to have a build from each class so you can experience ( either hate or love it ) the different driving styles. I build a DB48 based on the Tekno SCT 410, and while I loved so many handling characteristics about it, the rocks getting stuck in the spur gear was maddening. I could not do more than a single lap without this issue. I must have wrecked a half-dozen spur gears before I threw in the towel. Around that time Losi released the Lasernut U4, and I never looked back. Of course it's not a Tekno, but it handles the abuse quite well.

Here is the build list from Tekno: https://www.teknorc.com/faq/

Tekno DB48
slick2500 likes this.

Last edited by Steve B in Vega; 10-12-2023 at 07:27 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.